We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Problem with Major Weapon Legacy use

Hello,

I just deconned a lvl 33 LI mace and extracted the Major Weapon Legacy Heal Threat Down Tier 2, lvl 65. I right clicked on it to use it and it told me "you have no items you can use this on". I have a lvl 57 sword, second age, with major legacies on it. I then slotted a new LI in the lvl 33 mace's slot and levelled it to 6, then right clicked the legacy scroll and it brought up the dialogue box. However it only shows me the new LI as a potential recipient for the legacy and not all of my weapons. I tried equipping the new LI (and therefore unequipping the lvl 57 second age sword) but it still didn't give me the option to use the legacy on the sword. I also logged off and on again, no joy. Is this a game problem or am missing something?

Thank you for your help.

Idrilar

Re: Problem with Major Weapon Legacy use

I assume you mean a lvl 63 mace? The legacy scroll will tell you it can only be used on weapons over/under a certain level. If it came from a lvl 63 mace, then it can't be applied to a lvl 57 weapon. Also, ranged legacies can't be applied to melle weapons.

Is your level 57 sword in need of a reforge? If so, you cannot use a legacy replacement scroll on it until you reforge it.

Assuming that the legacy scroll is useable on the level 57 LI (which it should be, since the first tier of level restriction for legacy replacement scrolls is level 60), there are two reasons why you might not be able to use that legacy replacement scroll on your level 57 sword (reasons shamelessly stolen from another poster in an older thread):

You can not apply that legacy under the following conditions:

1) The item is awaiting reforge
    2) It already has that legacy.

If neither of those conditions apply, then I'm quite confused.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelitasque View Post
    If it came from a lvl 63 mace, then it can't be applied to a lvl 57 weapon.
    This is incorrect. Legacy scrolls work in 3 parts:

1. If the required character level of the LI is 59 or lower, the scroll can only be used on LIs which have a required character level of 60 or less.
    2. If the required character level of the LI is 60-64, the scroll can only be used on LIs which have a required character level of 65 or lower (there is no lower limit to this).
    3. If the required character level of the LI is 65, the scroll can only be used on LIs which have a required character level of 70 or lower (there is no lower limit to this).

Scrolls MUST go on the same type of LI. So you can't take a legacy off of a class item and put it on your weapon. Different weapon types (swords, maces, daggers, etc) don't matter, you can freely move legacies between those.

The item you are trying to place the legacy on MUST NOT have the legacy already.

The item you are trying to place the legacy on MUST NOT need reforged. Max level is ok, but not a reforge.

1) You pulled a major out of a character level 65 Minstrel weapon.
    2) You want to put it on a character level 57 Minstrel weapon.

It isn't working. There are only two things would stop the application:

1) Your 57 needs a reforge
    2) Your 57 already has that legacy.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    1) You pulled a major out of a character level 65 Minstrel weapon.
    2) You want to put it on a character level 57 Minstrel weapon.

It isn't working. There are only two things would stop the application:

1) Your 57 needs a reforge
    2) Your 57 already has that legacy.
    ^^^^

That's the person whose knowledge I shamelessly copied for my earlier post.

I am having a similar problem: I have my intial LI and purchased in the LOTRO store a Major Weapon Legacy: Guardian Area of Effect (melee) legacy.

I HAVE a major legacy there that I could use to replace with the one purchased from store. I do not currently have that legacy. No need for reforge, the LI (1-h sword) is level 21, so already been reforged.

Any clues why it won't work??

Thanks!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Christian117 View Post
    I am having a similar problem: I have my intial LI and purchased in the LOTRO store a Major Weapon Legacy: Guardian Area of Effect (melee) legacy.

I HAVE a major legacy there that I could use to replace with the one purchased from store. I do not currently have that legacy. No need for reforge, the LI (1-h sword) is level 21, so already been reforged.

Any clues why it won't work??

Thanks!
    Chris
    Could be that the starter weapon is restricted on what it accepts. Its already special in the way it gets exp (must be held) and levelcap (maxlvl 40). Its a itemlevel 51 item for stat/dps purposes but roll on legacies on a "better" table for its tiers.
    You might try a ticket for it but we seem to get the "gms wont answer gameplay questions like this, seek help in the advice channel or the forums".
    If you're 50+ (guess you are since you could see that section of the store and buy stuff), try slotting another guardian weapon without the legacy and see if the scroll will apply (just see if a target shows up, no need to apply).
    If it does, its the starter weapon that is the problem. Solution is to get a new weapon.

My personal opinion on your problem: its rather wasteful to spend 795 tp on a scroll for your first weapon, which you in all likelihood will replace in 2-3 levels for better dps while levelling, and keep replacing every 2-3 levels. Just saying - focus on the dps on weapons till you hit levelcap, you level fast enough to not get the time to really develop the legacies. When you have ranked dps to rank 7, you likely are at least +1 level abvove the itemlevel.

Thumbs up Re: Thanks! Seems to be right on the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeleg View Post
    Could be that the starter weapon is restricted on what it accepts. Its already special in the way it gets exp (must be held) and levelcap (maxlvl 40). Its a itemlevel 51 item for stat/dps purposes but roll on legacies on a "better" table for its tiers.
    You might try a ticket for it but we seem to get the "gms wont answer gameplay questions like this, seek help in the advice channel or the forums".
    If you're 50+ (guess you are since you could see that section of the store and buy stuff), try slotting another guardian weapon without the legacy and see if the scroll will apply (just see if a target shows up, no need to apply).
    If it does, its the starter weapon that is the problem. Solution is to get a new weapon.

My personal opinion on your problem: its rather wasteful to spend 795 tp on a scroll for your first weapon, which you in all likelihood will replace in 2-3 levels for better dps while levelling, and keep replacing every 2-3 levels. Just saying - focus on the dps on weapons till you hit levelcap, you level fast enough to not get the time to really develop the legacies. When you have ranked dps to rank 7, you likely are at least +1 level abvove the itemlevel.

Hi Morbeleg!

You are probably right on the money (+Rep for you) with the AoE scroll Legacy not working on intiial LI weapon. All the requirements are there, so it is a safe bet to assume that there is some glitch associated with it. :-/

As for me, yes, I am level 53 Guardian... got to say that it has been a "crawl through Moria" to get past level 53 and going slow, thus why I decided to sprint the cash for the LI Legacies in the intial weapon. I am sure looking forward to pushing ahead and getting some better stuff... in fact, I am trying to make my way into Mirkwood and start working on Legendary Title items so that when I DO get a better LI weapon, it will be ready to go.

I am saving the AoE Legacy scroll for when I get better LI item..... BTW, is there any way to transfer the legacies or Item EXP from one item into another LI weapon?

As for the Guardian Belt, do future belts get that much better then the initial one?

Thanks again!
    Chris

Re: Thanks! Seems to be right on the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian117 View Post
    Hi Morbeleg!

You are probably right on the money (+Rep for you) with the AoE scroll Legacy not working on intiial LI weapon. All the requirements are there, so it is a safe bet to assume that there is some glitch associated with it. :-/

As for me, yes, I am level 53 Guardian... got to say that it has been a "crawl through Moria" to get past level 53 and going slow, thus why I decided to sprint the cash for the LI Legacies in the intial weapon. I am sure looking forward to pushing ahead and getting some better stuff... in fact, I am trying to make my way into Mirkwood and start working on Legendary Title items so that when I DO get a better LI weapon, it will be ready to go.

I am saving the AoE Legacy scroll for when I get better LI item..... BTW, is there any way to transfer the legacies or Item EXP from one item into another LI weapon?

As for the Guardian Belt, do future belts get that much better then the initial one?

Thanks again!
    Chris
    When you level an item up to level 30+, you get to select a legacy to extract from it.
    This legacy scroll has a limited targetlevel unlike storescroll based on the itemlevel of the deconned weapon. Currently its said that on test level 65 items will get targetlevel 75 scrolls when deconned.
    Also when you decon an items you get a ixp pill back. Generally the higher the level the greater the return, seems to be around 30-60% after level 20. Ive gotten a 100% return on a level 33 item.

Guardian belts: the rankable legacy on them have its base rank increased by each itemlevel raise. So a starter belt (51) will be worst off with that rank, and a level 65 will be miles better. The rankable shield use adds dmg directly to your shield skills, its not noticeable anywhere but by using tooltip. Seems to be a 1% raise or so pr full +1 rank.
    "nd age and 1st age guardian belts get extra passive bonuses and have more points to spend, at the cost of massively more IXP required to max them.
    They get:
    2nd age: +% threat (1-6%)
    1st age : +% threat input modifier for taunt
    As you see, a 2nd age belt can be a huge bonus if you roll 6% on the threat%, for a tanking belt.

If you have further questions, have a look at the guide in my signature
    Last edited by Morbeleg; Sep 20 2011 at 03:55 AM.