We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

(LUA) screenmessage

Hey there,

I'm new to LUA programming and I could use some help.

What I am trying to achieve is this:
    I have a Logitech G510 keyboard which I scripted with some easy shortcuts for myself. What I would like to do is when I press one of the button that I have a screen message appear in Lotro. For instance: MOUNTING HORSE or something similar.

Can I do that with LUA or is there a / command which already does that?
    If I can do that with LUA, how?

Cheers,

Nick
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Hairball[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Champion : 75 (Tailor)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Catnic[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Minstrel : 75 (Woodworker)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Catatonic[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Captain : 75 (Metalsmith)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Catsnack[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Loremaster : 65 (Weaponsmith)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Catbowjob[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Hunter : 75 (Tailor)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Catatanky[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Warden : 65 (Jeweller)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Catapullt[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Guardian : 65 (Unemployed)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Catburglar[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Burglar : 75 (Scholar)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=paleturquoise]Blubbermouth[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua] : [COLOR=silver][I]Runekeeper : 65 (Tailor)[/I][/COLOR] | [/FONT]

Re: (LUA) screenmessage

The first possible solution that pops into my head is that you create a / command (I guess you can setup the controller to send in a string) something like /showmessage <your text>
    Then, you create a window with 0 opacity and add a label with a red, large font, containing your text, and position the window using the Display class to find out the Lotro display dimensions.

That's it. Hth.

ps. The next question is how to close down this message. It's somewhat more complex to do it automatically, but not impossible.