We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Defiler vs Warleader

In your opinions, what would you propose be the better healer in certain situations? For smaller groups? (in raids, warleader, obvious option). And looking at the proposed changes, how do you think the healing between the two would change?

Also, it looks like Warleader dps is getting a small boost, how do you think dps will be like between the two?

Also, I'm not trying to start a war here. I'm just asking for people's opinions on what they find better to have around in certain situations.

Re: Defiler vs Warleader

Both please...

Warleader is triage and Defiler is preventative medicine. Which is best really depends on the fight more than the group size in my opinion. In a predictable fight a ranked defiler is my choice almost every time. Applied correctly the HoTs buy the group time to gain the upperhand in the fight. Warleaders on the other hand are probably the better choice for when you get jumped. Their spot heals and bubble can save the bacon and the in combat rez is also useful to get important creeps back in the fight when healing is not enough.

R11 WL and R7 defiler here.

Small groups, I much prefer defiler as the burst damage is less and typically since you have fewer healers, I need to stay alive to heal and be uninterrupted, hence I need the fear. Also being able to heal a bit while kiting really helps. (and healing still while stunned)

Larger groups/raid levels where burst damage is severe, the WL has bubble and uruk heal which is critical to keeping reavers alive. Additionally in terms of recovery, the AoE rez can turn a fight around if you have 5 people on the ground. (in a small group if there's 5 people on the ground, you're likely one of them). In raid situations against significant and strongly led freep forces, the debuffs also become quite valuable for long fights.

But I love having both of them around in a raid pairing up a defiler and WL in each group, both bring great capabilities to the fight.

This coming from a R7 WL and a R6 defiler -

Its been said already, its very situational. Warleaders can keep a reaver alive in the freep ball a little bit more effectively in my opinion, even beyond the bubble. The Group heal can also crit fairly high and give everyone a very nice spike boost (assuming your group is taking a slow consistent damage instead of just one of them being bursted down). In my opinion though WLs feel the pain of healing CDs more however, as the defiler (though still without a heal not hindered by a cd) is still doing passive healing with their HoTs.

However, one issue that really tops the chart for defiler vs WL is their capability to heal and survive against pressure. Defilers WAY outshadow WLs with their ability to heal on the run or while they are being interrupted by a burglar. One freep can effectively and COMPLETELY shut down ALL healing from a WL. Defilers are still able to use a few HoTs. Its not much more, but its better than nothing at all.

I have to agree with Snagrot here and say both. They're more than adequate on their own, but when you pair them up you really get to see how they shine, especially when freeps decide to focus on a healer in a small group; Pick the Warleader and you're facing the best mitigations creepside has to offer plus a huge health pool and the Defiler can easily keep him alive, pick the Defiler and you have both of them healing while the Defiler kites.

But if I had to pick only one, I'd choose Defiler for small group because of the interruptions issue. And for raids I prefer having more Warleaders, but again prefer a healthy mix of the two.

As for how things will be when the changes go live: That's anybody's guess. Warleaders will be a lot stronger with the Commander's Stance heal induction reduction and Power of Fear for instant healing when their shouts crit but Defilers will get the incoming heal bonus and multiple Defilers will be able to stack their HoTs together. I think we'll see Warleaders able to handle the healing for a small group even while being focused because of the shorter inductions but that the Defiler will still be a better choice there.

However, if a Warleader gets lucky with crits they'll be able to outheal a Defiler in a small group no sweat since they'll be able to hammer out instantaneous, 1.2k+ heals while kiting.

But the real bonus will be, once again, when they work together since the Warleaders will be pumping out even greater and faster heals and take advantage of the +incoming healing buff Defilers will be able to throw out. And the stacking HoTs will greatly increase the effectiveness of multiple Defilers and make creeps surviving until they get Warleader healing or Fell Restoration to top them off a much more likely prospect.

The real danger at this point is just going to be that freep classes just get too strong for it to matter. It's happened before so be prepared for it to happen again, but we all hope that it doesn't.

I keep leaning towards warleader. The proposed changes say brawler stance gets -50% cooldowns on black speech, which is a good dps boost in my opinion. So, they have more health, more migations, and now better dps. And their damaging skills don't have inductions(i think) and the defilers do. How do you think soloing will go for Warleaders?

I was grouping yesterday with about 8 creeps and roughly about 6 creeps. Yes, my defiler was only rank 1 but I didn't stand a chance of healing due to the burst damage of freeps. A rank 6 warleader in the raid bubbled the person focus fired, healed them, and they survived. My Heals didn't make a difference. Basicly, all I see a defiler does is the slick flesh buff, out of combat rezzes and hots, that don't make a difference with more freeps. Whereas a warleader, can provide better heals, 25% damage which is great for wargs and reavers, the racial imposing presence and looks better (imo).