We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

man vs hobbit burglar

i was thinking about rolling a burglar as my next character. i dont know if i should use a man burglar or a hobbit burglar. which one would be better for groups, pvmp, soloing and such.

Re: man vs hobbit burglar

I chose Hobbit for purely cosmetic reasons. I think the only real difference is the racial skill you get at evel 35. Hobbit Silence vs. Strength of Morale.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003d00b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

From pure Min/Max point of view man will always be superior due to 5% more incoming healing (the balance of man trait gives a little extra evade rating also).

In the end though, it doesn't make much of difference.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000c80f8/signature.png]Healingfiend[/charsig]

Hobbit, hands down. Yes, men get a little healing bonus and a heal, but face it, hobbits were made to burgle.

Hobbits, all the way. Having an extra HIPS-like skill with "hobbit-silence" has saved me many times.

And you get racial dps bonus with clubs. Whats more burglar-like than sneakin up on somebody and clubbing them over the head?

Hobbits just rock.

If you want to be a burglar be a Hobbit
    If you want to be a burglar its the thing
    If you want to be a burlgar be a Hobbit
    After all it's how old Bilbo found his ring.

Hobbit hands are long and thin for picking pockets,
    Hobbit feet are soft sneaky as can be,
    If you want to be a burgler be a Hobbit,
    Be a burglar, be a Hobbit, just like me

Hobbit burglar = burglar
    Man burglar = BRIGAND

Don't be a brigand. It's not cute when men steal.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a1600/signature.png]Awesomely[/charsig][U][SIZE=2][URL="http://tinyurl.com/bptwyea"][COLOR=#0000ff]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffff00]A Hunter Wants You To Know[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE][/U]

For PvP, there are distinct disadvantages to being a Hobbit. Crossing the fords will dehorse you because you are too short (dwarves too). The creeps that track Hobbits are Wargs. Personally, I prefer being tracked by something I can see. It's hard to distance yourself if you aren't sure in which direction the stealthed warg resides. Lastly, Hobbits are lame.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by hex2323 View Post
    Hobbit burglar = burglar
    Man burglar = BRIGAND

Don't be a brigand. It's not cute when men steal.
    Lol.

Oddly, I found my human burglar more appealing for cosmetics, although there is that "hobbits have the best emotes" thing. The hobbit burglar is happily living in The Shire cooking, while the human burglar goes out questing.
    Last edited by Lupini; Aug 10 2011 at 11:17 AM.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I prefer hobbits personally. Both burgs I have made are hobbits. The only thing that makes it a disadvantage is the fact wargs can track you. But then that makes it kind of a chess game lol. I say go hobbit and enjoy
    Autumnrose R9 RK, Agalin R6 Guardian, Kuni R6 Hunter, Starielle R4 Minstrel. a bunch of other toons and creeps as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kunixp View Post
    I prefer hobbits personally. Both burgs I have made are hobbits. The only thing that makes it a disadvantage is the fact wargs can track you. But then that makes it kind of a chess game lol. I say go hobbit and enjoy
    Agree If one maybe two wargs track you it's not so bad, think of it as incoming infamy. If a warg pack turns up then it's goodnight anyway. Hobbit stealth is slow to take effect and massively reduces your movement speed. Hobbit burgs have more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Reichpapers View Post
    For PvP, there are distinct disadvantages to being a Hobbit. Crossing the fords will dehorse you because you are too short (dwarves too). The creeps that track Hobbits are Wargs. Personally, I prefer being tracked by something I can see. It's hard to distance yourself if you aren't sure in which direction the stealthed warg resides. Lastly, Hobbits are lame.
    This. Quoted for ultimate truth.

Also, I think one of the biggest reasons I made a creep is so I could nomnom on hobbits. Yum.
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma][B][I][COLOR=darkorange]Imladris[/COLOR][/I][/B] - [/FONT]Level 69 [B][COLOR=red]Hunter[/COLOR][/B] Celethrien [COLOR=magenta]-[/COLOR] Level 65 [B][COLOR=red]Guardian[/COLOR][/B] Doriana[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkorange][B][I]Brandywine [/I][/B][/COLOR]- Level 57[/SIZE][/FONT] [B][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Burglar [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Exxploit[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

thanks for all the help, i think im going to run a man burglar because of heal and i would prefer to be tracked by something i can see to.

Be tracked by something you can't see, or by something that can hit you from 40m away...both have advantages and disadvantages.

If I could go back, I would roll a man burg...but that's just me.
    [color=lightblue]Magikx[/color]

When I imagine a Burglar/Rogue character, I imagine a guy that's tall, dark, mysterious, witty, cocky, fun-loving, law-chucking.

Hobbits are short, bright, plain, witty, humble, peace-loving, law-abiding.

That's one out of seven.

Bilbo was a natural at being a burglar... but Bilbo was Bilbo. If you want to roll a REAL Burglar, be a Man!

...Just don't make him bald, for the love of all that is good.

I knew I made the right decision to be a Hobbit when I was last one standing in my group and hit Hobbit-silence. I figured I would use it to see if I could occupy the creeps while the rest of my group was running back and hopefully catch them off guard. Then I noticed HIPS was almost back up. The cooldown reset just before Hobbit-silence expired and I disappeared right in front of a dozen plus creeps who were circled around me just waiting.
    Do you remember the taste of [color=red]strawberries[/color]?

hobbits all the way...it just feels right. i hear what everyone says about the tracking...it tells you in big letters that your being tracked and 1/2 the fun is the anticipation of the little doggy wanting a nibble. it can be used as an advantage in groups. Man burglars just look awkward to me but yes the man heal can be usefull. Although as the levels keep going up it becomes less and less usefull and the little hobbit silence is priceless...
    [center][size=-3][color=lightblue]Tripstar ~ Burg 65 (Rnk 7) [/color]- [color=lightblue]Googelbot ~ HNT 65 (Rnk 8)[/color] - [color=lightblue]Blitzabs~ CHP 65 (Rnk 6)[/color] - [color=lightblue]Googelbolt ~ RK 65 [/color] - [color=lightblue]Capitaneus ~ CPT 65[/color]
    [color=red]Haywire ~ Reaver (Rnk 6)[/color]
    [b]Council Member of [url=http://www.the-avengers.eu/]the Avengers[/url] - Evernight[/b][/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by absomfs View Post
    hobbits all the way...it just feels right.
    This.

When hobbits hit stealth, they look agile, wary, and I daresay sneaky. When men hit stealth, they look like they have back problems. Or, more likely, the BA's and wargs are playing fetch with what's left of their walkers/canes.
    --Fomites Trenchfoot, R7 Burg, Knights of Amon Sul
    --Yaril Verklemptimous, R5 Weaver, Burglars Anonymous

you know, a hobbit burglar doesnt seem so bad, i see how it could be fun running around with wargs tracking you and making them lose their track on you.

What's a Moors?

[color=pink]Some must fight, so that all may be free.[/color]