We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Max money for Free players

I know that the max GOLD that a free player can hold is five, but does it stop there?

Ex:5 gold 8 silver 92 copper

Is that possible?

Re: Max money for Free players

sorry no. its five gold even

3. Re: Max money for Free players

A F2P player actually has a cap of 2 gold
    A Premium player has a cap of 5 gold

Both of which can be removed by buying the gold cap removal from the store or going VIP.

As to excess gold, no it doesn't stop there

If you have a 5 gold cap and say you have 4 gold 800silver and you sell a bunch of stuff worth 1 gold. You would only have access to 5 gold, the excess 800 silver would go into an escrow account.

If you then drop below 5 gold - you can earn up to the 5 gold limit again but you DO NOT get the extra 800 silver in escrow to use. If you buy the cap removal or go VIP, all the money stored in escrow will transfer to your wallet. So if you have 5 gold in your wallet and 10 gold in escrow and unlock the cap, you will have 15 gold.

If I remember right there is a little icon near your money that you can hover over and it tells you how much is in escrow.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

My f2p account can hold over 5 gold, but I had to use tp to buy the gold cap removal. I believe it was capped at 5 for a while after i bought it, but it seems i can hold over 5 gold now. Dont know if this helps, but its my understanding of the gold cap for f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeslayer45 View Post
    sorry no. its five gold even
    Aw..that really bites..i was hoping to get a Thorins hall prized goat.. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Asgardian1234 View Post
    Aw..that really bites..i was hoping to get a Thorins hall prized goat.. D:
    You can. You just need to spend Turbine Points to unlock the gold cap. (Or go VIP for as little as a month; doing that will unlock the gold cap for all of the characters you log on with while VIP.)
    <<Insert clever sig here>>