Announcing the ERIADOR CLASSIC
-- A four-stage horse-racing tournament with fabulous prizes beginning this Tuesday (trewesdei for you hobbits), August 9, at 18:00 GMT (14:00 /servertime) at the Party Tree in The Shire! Show off your racing skills and see if you have what it takes win the first Eriador Classic!
The tournament is broken up into four different races with the first race on Tuesday, race two on Thursday, race three on August 16 culminating with the championship race on August 18. In each of the first three races, players will accumulate points based on their ranking: 3 points for first place, 2 points for second and 1 point for third place. The final event will consist of the top six ranked players competing for the grand prize (and, of course, bragging rights) as well as a fun run for everyone else. Results from each race will be posted here.
The first race takes place in The Shire and will take our avid racers to many notable places inhabited by hobbits.
In order to keep it fair and open to everyone, there are a few rules which we must observe:
- Contestants must use +62% speed steeds or slower.
- Contestants may not use steed speed boosts such as those available from the LOTRO Store.
- Contestants may not use stable masters, summoning, swift travel or milestone skills.
- If a contestant is defeated during the race, they will be disqualified.
- Contestants must visit each checkpoint (wo)manned by race personnel.
And speaking of race personnel, we still have a few openings available for judges and checkpoint officials for those of you looking to help out. Contact Camphor in game or drop a line here. Questions and comments may be directed there as well.
Come join the festivities and merriment galore!