We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30
    This one I did only recently, but it was still dumb.

After moving several characters to Belegaer, I wanted to set up a kinship for my lower alts (as an altoholic, I have a little village wandering around). As they all were rather poor (in comparision to my mains), I decided to baptize the kinship 'Diebe und Vagabunden' (Thieves and Vagabonds). So far, so good.

What I had forgotten about, was this one elven Minstrel that I once had named Seid Froehlich (Be Happy), and which after doing a few Southern Barrows deeds, was sporting the title Grave-Digger.

Now read this in one go, name, title, and kinship name.

I removed the title promptly.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 120 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Noob moments!

I am still quite a noob myself, but I got lost in the Prancing Pony as well. Also I attempted to take on a level 32 small fellowship creature as a level 25 character thinking button mashing would save me.

I walked - on foot - my very first character (a dwarf) from Ered Luin to Bree, not realizing there was such a thing as swift travel by horse.... I did get a lovely view of the shire though!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Hey Maartena, I did that too. When I clicked on the stable-master, it said something about purchase, at the bottom. I thought this meant to use stable points I had to buy access. I ran and I ran. Fortunately, I did click on the stable points on my way around Middle Earth, so after I figured it out one day (clicked on one randomly, and awaaaay I went), I didn't have to go back and pick them up. I did that until... oh... level 21 or so. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I walked - on foot - my very first character (a dwarf) from Ered Luin to Bree, not realizing there was such a thing as swift travel by horse.... I did get a lovely view of the shire though!

An action from last night just downright required that I bump my old thread! I was working on the scavenger hunt and went to kill my old buddy Baugarch. I went to his stomping grounds and just sort of parked myself there. 15 minutes of random jumping up and down, alt tabbing, checking lotro store, talking in chat, etc., did I realize that he was there the whole time and I just didn't see him somehow. I forgot he's so low level it wouldn't spark combat unless I initiate.

All these years later, almost a decade, and still, this vile tricksy little warg somehow still gets the best of me. It's fitting as he's the subject of my OP in this thread LMAO
    Landroval, formerly of Riddermark
    Daerrandir (Champion) Daerendir (Hunter)

Been playing since beta and I still do dumb things. Newbishness not required...

Ever search the WRONG area for an hour, then go re-read the quest and "Doh", it's nowhere near here!
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Once I was trying to bind my hunter to a campfire. For the life of me I could not figure out what I was doing wrong until I realized I was not on my hunter...
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

after fishing, make SURE you reequip your weapons. war trolls are one of the mobs that take no damage from a fishing pole. (I may have killed one - I think it died from laughing when it saw my fishing pole while the other war trolls clubbed me into oblivion.)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyShadow View Post
    after fishing, make SURE you reequip your weapons. war trolls are one of the mobs that take no damage from a fishing pole. (I may have killed one - I think it died from laughing when it saw my fishing pole while the other war trolls clubbed me into oblivion.)

Well, at least you died laughing.

When I do a fishing quest, I'm usually with one of my husband's Hunters.

Turns out that if you replace your main-hand weapon with a fishing pole ... you can still shoot with your bow. Has saved our bacon a number of times.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticNightmare View Post
    An action from last night just downright required that I bump my old thread! I was working on the scavenger hunt and went to kill my old buddy Baugarch. I went to his stomping grounds and just sort of parked myself there. 15 minutes of random jumping up and down, alt tabbing, checking lotro store, talking in chat, etc., did I realize that he was there the whole time and I just didn't see him somehow. I forgot he's so low level it wouldn't spark combat unless I initiate.

All these years later, almost a decade, and still, this vile tricksy little warg somehow still gets the best of me. It's fitting as he's the subject of my OP in this thread LMAO
    Reminds me of those lines from Blackwold Prison Blues:

"When I was just a Elfling my mama told me. Yo,
    Always be a good elf, don't ever play with bows.
    But I shot a warg in Chetwood, just to watch him die"
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I still sometimes click on the horse instead of the stableman and wait around wondering why the travel screen didn't show up.
    “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Ive just recently started playing and just last night was questing and saw another player running towards me carry something, like you do on fetch quests sometimes. Then I saw this large creature chasing him so being the guardian that I am I jump down and shouted at it to grab aggro and proceed to chase it down the hill only to realize it was a LMs pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    "When I was just a Elfling my mama told me. Yo,
    Always be a good elf, don't ever play with bows.
    But I shot a warg in Chetwood, just to watch him die"
    Hahahahahahahah.

When I first started I somehow thought that you couldn't get attacked when you were in a Rez circle. So, just started playing, my sister and I decide to check out the Northern Lights so we both take our very low-level characters for a run through Forochel. We're being chased by a moose. I stop in a Rez circle (thinking I'm safe) and my sister keeps running. Guess which of us got eaten? I learned quickly. And my sister still laughs about it.
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    When I first started I somehow thought that you couldn't get attacked when you were in a Rez circle. So, just started playing, my sister and I decide to check out the Northern Lights so we both take our very low-level characters for a run through Forochel. We're being chased by a moose. I stop in a Rez circle (thinking I'm safe) and my sister keeps running. Guess which of us got eaten? I learned quickly. And my sister still laughs about it.
    So in this case, the moose did NOT bite your sister. Interesting.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Gonna bump this thread because I have a few.

-I chose Evernight as my server simply because the name sounded cool.

-I didn't know about the cosmetic system, I just assumed that players with cool looking gear were high lvl and/or VIP and that I'd look lame until my level was high. Before LOTRO, the only mmorpgs I had played were Toontown, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and FreeRealms. In those games you had to spend actual money and waste a lot of time just so your avatars could look cool. I assumed LOTRO was the same.

-After completing the elf intro, I immediately went off exploring instead of sticking around Ered Luin a little while to gain xp. I was level 10 and was determined to go all the way to Mirkwood (on foot!). I learned that this was impossible when I crossed the Last Bridge and strolled into the Trollshaws, and was immediately killed by a boar.

-I thought that only VIPs could get mounts. When I got that whistle that gives you a horse for 1 hour (intro quest reward), I was ecstatic and felt so cool, not realizing that I could get the riding skill for just 95 points and then buy a horse in-game. This is another misconception that was based on my experience with other mmos. In FreeRealms the only way to get a mount was to buy in-game currency.

-I was not familiar with Sindarin (or elf lore in general) when I created my main. The name 'Eranodore' does sound kinda elvishy but it doesn't mean anything. Alphemel, however, means 'Swanheart'. I gave Eran that last name a few years after creating her, at which point I did know some Sindarin.

And finally:

-When I started, I had no idea you had to transfer your characters if you wanted them on another server. So when I logged in the second or third time, I went on Gladden and was mortified when it finally loaded and Eranodore wasn't there. Thought she'd been deleted or something. On Toontown and POTCO, you could freely travel from server to server. Those games basically just had several dynamic layers, not several servers.
    Last edited by EranodoreAlphemel; Apr 12 2019 at 11:28 PM.

I tried to do the anniversary travel quest last year at level 25. Got as far as Angmar and died on the Rammas Deluon at least five times thinking there was a bug with the game before I realised it was the watching stones that kept killing me.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

I remember thinking Combe was the main town and being flabbergasted when I saw Bree lol.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Not noticing that mob names had different colours and not noticing that grey ones wouldn't attack me (was lvl 19-ish and went back to Archet for some reason I don't remember anymore).
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

When I started playing the game at launch time I thought everything was too expensive even at low levels. Repair costs on my newbie gear from mob drops seems high, so I saved all of the gear I got in case it wore down quickly. I had multiple chest pieces, leggings, shoes, etc., filling up probably close to 2 inventory bags. It took maybe 10 levels or so before I stopped doing that.

In my early minstrel days (April or May 2017) I grouped for the first time in this game and continued doing my usual DPS thing that I'd been doing up until that point. The guy who invited me into the group was nice and social and when his morale started going down he asked for some heals. I hadn't noticed his morale since I still had a solo mindset. It took a while to figure out what he was talking about. I ended up joining his kin and had a great time despite me giving him a bad first impression. lol

Several months later later I was playing a guardian in a different kin and was out grinding deeds. Back in those days you had to do crafting quests so you could advance to the next crafting tier, and from what I remember it normally involved combat. So I reluctantly leveled up a guardian and was soloing the entire time as I had no interest in the class and only wanted to level up for crafting. While out killing stuff 2 kinnies come along and join the group. We're killing stuff and everything's fine and then suddenly one of them (a hunter I think) said she was getting aggro. I didn't say anything but was thinking to myself, "Well kill it then so you don't have the aggro any more." After I didn't say anything she asked if I was going to take the aggro back. It took a while, again, to figure out what she was talking about. I did learn after that incident that I needed to spend more time thinking about how my characters would function in a group, even when I'm not in a group. It's better to learn those things sooner rather than later!

I was doing PVE in 2008 in what some might call a casual raiding kin (not really any RP), and I had thus far avoided PVMP as I mistakenly assumed it was filled with a bunch of obnoxious trolls. One of the people in the kin that I was in talked me into trying out monster play with some kinnies. I created a creep and got in the tribe's teamspeak or whatever they were using at the time and I was genuinely surprised and relieved to hear they were talking like normal people. I sent a tell to one of the people in the tribe who was helping me with quests and told her something to the effect of, "I'm surprised you all are speaking normally." I told her I was expecting grunts similar to how orcs and goblins normally sound since that's what I actually thought I was going to hear (I don't know why as it wasn't an RP kin or tribe). I felt reeeeeeally stupid after sending her those tells, but my time in that tribe (The Blood Hand on Arkenstone) ended up being some of my most enjoyable time ever in online gaming.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

When taking a stable horse (not swift travel), I thought I had to monitor and guide my horse's facing; otherwise, he would lose the trail and I would have to jump off
    Last edited by Nikyu500; Apr 16 2019 at 11:28 AM.

I've clicked on boulders before and wondered why I wasn't mining lol.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30