We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Make bags bigger

Adjusting the UI scale is nice, but it doesnt make our bags any bigger, can anything be done? Any mods?

Re: Make bags bigger

I'd add to this anything that can do the job of scaling up all the UI features, but maintaining the picture quality of the icons.

I play at a high resolution, and right now, when I scale anything up it loses all its quality, becoming a jarbled mess of color. I'm in a catch 22 where I love gorgeous graphcs (so play at high res), but am slightly hard of sight. Worst offender is when I scale up (or down) the quest log, it immediately becomes so pixilated I can no longer read what's being written.

Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    I'd add to this anything that can do the job of scaling up all the UI features, but maintaining the picture quality of the icons.

I play at a high resolution, and right now, when I scale anything up it loses all its quality, becoming a jarbled mess of color. I'm in a catch 22 where I love gorgeous graphcs (so play at high res), but am slightly hard of sight. Worst offender is when I scale up (or down) the quest log, it immediately becomes so pixilated I can no longer read what's being written.
    The whole scale thing is just a shame (anyone actually use it?). I would rather see like, 5 pre-set sizes with high-res assets..

Quote Originally Posted by Yulan View Post
    The whole scale thing is just a shame (anyone actually use it?). I would rather see like, 5 pre-set sizes with high-res assets..
    I believe the issue is that the game only supports one texture for each asset. The texture size in pixels is designed for the lowest resolution in pixels that the game supports. The only scaling is bigger is better via a simple bit map scaler.

According to Floon - the old director - it was done this way for performance reasons. He claimed that they could not use a standard SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic) engine because it would take too many resources. Turbine could not get the frame and performance along with their visual beauty target that way.

As to why Turbine did not use larger textures in pixels, perhaps these are the issues:

1) The game is huge. Art is most of the game data. If Turbine went to larger icons - who knows how many more gigabytes it would be.

2) They would had to thought of and implemented an automatic downward scaling system for smaller pixel size resolutions. If you are like me and switch resolutions, you entire UI is screwed it. Turbine does not handle resolution changes.

As player you have to save a profile for every resolution. Manually load your profile when you switch resolutions. Windows handles this situation reasonably well. As does a number of applications. Not so with Lotro.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.