We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The fastest way to earn Turbine Points is to go outside and walk down your street and ask any of your neighbors if they would be willing to pay you to rake their leaves or if they have any other chores that you could do for them to earn a little spending money. Then take the money you earn and purchase either a game card at Target, Walmart, or if you have a credit card either get the mithrel edition or steam edition packages. Remember that this is a game that you are playing for fun not a job where you get paid for your time. Spending to much time grinding at things you dont enjoy defeats the purpose of playing a game. Once you have a nice base of 1000 Tp from your purchases any needed TP should come easily as you level up your charaters. A wisely spent 10 to 20 dollar investment can take you all the way to 65 easily.

Try all classes that sound interesting to you until lvl 25, completing any deeds that you have over half way done from just questing as you go, this should not be to much of a grind. Check out a few servers also to lvl 25 to get a feel for what they are like so you find a server that you feel at home with. Then just play the game and have fun. Christmas is coming up soon. See if you can get a family member to get you a game card as a gift.

The most important thing is to not make this game into a job because the return on your time is just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by blador View Post
    What i do is i go onto my lvl 60 champ and skrim. I save up my marks ad on alts buy rep items this helps with tp
    What you do is resurrect a thread that's 5 months old?

Meh, now that we're here...

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleRose3 View Post
    The fastest way to earn Turbine Points is to go outside and walk down your street and ask any of your neighbors if they would be willing to pay you to rake their leaves...
    Now THAT is worth a necro'd thread! Very true...

Quote Originally Posted by ThistleRose3 View Post
    The most important thing is to not make this game into a job because the return on your time is just not worth it.
    Also true - however...

If you, as a Player, enjoy the game as a game, and enjoy the hunt and the combat and the graphics, and enjoy power-leveling a new alt, then "enjoying" all that while earning 50 TP/hour is all Win. If you don't mind all that but are not crazy about it, then doing a TP run every now and then may, quite possibly, be worth it for you. But if, otoh, you find the repetitive killing and running over old ground to be mindlessly dull and tedious beyond words, then TP grinding is not for you. In short, ymmv.

That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Milordas View Post
    fastest way:
    Bree, Shire, Ered Luin all deeds
    + lvl char to 40 lvl, do all deeds u can, and then delete
    rinse and repeat
    Sorry, but this is simply wrong.

"Fastest" means the best return on time spent. There are several approaches that can earn around 50 Turbine Points/hour of game play, but they do not involve 1) Shire Quest Deeds (aka "Life of a Bounder"), nor b) Bree Explorer or all Slayers (Trees, etc.), nor iii) Lvl 40. They hit a tight selection of the fastest, easiest deeds in Ered Luin and the Shire (and possibly some in Bree) and delete long before Lvl 20 - 6 hours tops for over 250 TP, done, kktyvmbb. I don't know how many hours one would spend squeezing out (most) every Deed, but if it topped 20 TP/hour I'd be surprised, and it might be less than half that.

(Going to Lvl 20+ and getting more of the Bree & Lone Land Deeds can be fun and a good change of pace, but it's not "fast", not the best TP/time return.)

Forusname's Rep suggestion (2 posts up) may be faster still (never tried that one), but without a sugardaddy on the same server it's not possible.
    Last edited by C-Hound; Oct 19 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Hound View Post
    Sorry, but this is simply wrong.

"Fastest" means the best return on time spent. There are several approaches that can earn around 50 Turbine Points/hour of game play, but they do not involve 1) Shire Quest Deeds (aka "Life of a Bounder"), nor b) Bree Explorer or all Slayers (Trees, etc.), nor iii) Lvl 40. They hit a tight selection of the fastest, easiest deeds in Ered Luin and the Shire (and possibly some in Bree) and delete long before Lvl 20 - 6 hours tops for over 250 TP, done, kktyvmbb. I don't know how many hours one would spend squeezing out (most) every Deed, but if it topped 20 TP/hour I'd be surprised, and it might be less than half that.

(Going to Lvl 20+ and getting more of the Bree & Lone Land Deeds can be fun and a good change of pace, but it's not "fast", not the best TP/time return.)

Forusname's Rep suggestion (2 posts up) may be faster still (never tried that one), but without a sugardaddy on the same server it's not possible.
    Race / class helps. If you can pick off your racial enemity slayer deed, a class deed, and a regular slayer deed all at once.... for example a hunter in the barrow downs that is elven (guessing?? what race hates dead??). That gets you 3 at once. Delete and repeat.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"

Just a littile thread-0-mancy, but not bad - was skimming for an old thread when I saw this one, and thought I'd drop in a few links I've found for diff approaches... (I haven't done an exhaustive comparison - busy this month - but hope to before year's end)...

• iii) Classic "grab 10 TP/server" ploy*
      http://www.lotrolife.com/guide/free-...m-easily/1546/
      (* Note - if you plan to use any of the longer approaches to TP farming, this approach is actually a waste of time for an alt - you'll get those 10 TP in the course of any longer run anyway, so this becomes a redundant detour. Best only if you only want ~250 TP now.)

And you'll find additional useful links within those sites.

Also:
    Lastly, as Forusname points out above, if you arrange and time* your slaying properly, Racial Enmity deeds can add from 0-10 pts to any of the longer runs automatically. (Man = +0**, Elves +5**, Hobbits & Dwarves & +10).

(* Racial Enmity Deeds don't trigger until Lvl 13)
    (** Race of Man need wights & wargs, and Elves need orcs, and that ain't happenin' in any quick lowbie TP run.)

------------------------------------------------

Also, if you're serious about TP farming, and repetitive killing and over-familiar questing for a better (free) Lotro experience is your cup of tea, I'll toss this out for your consideration:

Every TP guide/recommendation that I've found states, as simple intuitive fact, that you want to do your farming on a "new" server - to grab the once-only-per-server +10 TP quest "A Little Extra Never Hurts". These guides also state that you do NOT want to waste time with any Crafting, b/c droploot is more than enough to get the job done. And, from one perspective, both statements are absolutely true.

However, consider this: TP farming is about killing speed; the majority of your TP comes from Slayer Deeds, and 90 kills/Deed takes a while for any lowbie alt, so "faster killing" = faster TP farming = win. Also, if money is important to you, for some it's very odd to bypass all that droploot, and the first time a Sturdy Steel Key falls into your lap the ensuing manic-depression of seeing that - on an alt you will never use again - is... well, unique.

So, here's what I have done - ymmv. I waited until Character Slots were on Sale, and bought an extra one. And I made that my dedicated TP-Grinder slot on my home Server. I do the run, and trade the +10 TP lost (on a new server) for about +2 gold* in droploot/run (I use the long run, "a" above).

(* And I'm not factoring in the 3 steel keys over a dozen-or-so runs - hard to say if I've been un/lucky with those drops.)

I also use one of my existing alts and, sometime when I'm in the Craft Hall anyway, craft some quick* weapons for that TP alt - one set for Lvl 7, one set for Lvl 12. I then create the alt in advance, and mail those weapons to them sometime when I'm on the crafting alt anyway. These couple-minutes investment can double DPS over droploot gear (depending on the class and your luck), and significantly speed up the slaughter process, and thus reduce both immediate run time and farming burn-out in the long run.

(* Crit, non-crit, either is a HUGE improvement. I have little use for Crude Brimstone or Sticky Resin anyway, so I use it once - if it crits, great, if not I don't waste the bronze or rowan to try again.)

For me, at this (relatively early) point in my Lotro experience, all this is, well... MONEY, baby! And worth the +10 TP, the moments of crafting, and the several-hundred TP investment for the cost of the slot itself (3 runs and it more than pays for itself in TP, and the droploot is all bonus) - but I've made a dozen of these runs in one shape or form, and that's not for everyone, so ymmv.

----------------------

(And, if you're curious, in 9 months of play I have earned enough TP to buy (always on Sale, natch), among others...
    o Auction House access (good across all alts)
    o +5 slots for AH (good across all alts)
    o +2 Character Slots
    o Riding for 4 alts
    o +1 Milestone each for 4 alts
    o 4 +10 stat boosts
    o Shared Storage
    o +10 slots for Shared Storage
    o Evendim
    o Misty Mountains
    o Shared Wardrobe
    o +1 Cosmetic Outfit slot (good across all alts)
    o (pro'ly something I'm forgetting)
    o and, during the recent 1/2-off sale, 2 /MountRearUp /emotes for about 95 each... just because I could and still have over 1000 TP left. (Some flash is important) <C-Hound's mount rears up with a flourish>

(Note - I recently pulled the trigger and spent the RL money ($15 once) to go VIP for a month, so am now Premium, so that took care of some obvious omissions in the above list: Gold Cap Limit, and Crafting Guild advancement, among others, as well as accounting for another Character Slot.)

Wink Sir

Sir, i know this reply was too late or very late.. but i hope anyone out there could still see this comment. Uhm.. in order to get lotro points u must to thedeed or do the steps shown in post.. but is there a new way? I mean this post is like. 5 years old.. pls reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey6tanako View Post
    Sir, i know this reply was too late or very late.. but i hope anyone out there could still see this comment. Uhm.. in order to get lotro points u must to thedeed or do the steps shown in post.. but is there a new way? I mean this post is like. 5 years old.. pls reply.
    The post just above yours is 6 months old. Nothing about it has changed the situation for those who want to go the route of earning all their Turbine Points. I don't think anyone has found any significant way to save time and/or effort.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Rey6tanako View Post
    Cartographer deeds can be another way to earn some extra TP, each festival carries some maps and the anniversary carries all of the Moria maps. If you can get all the maps you are looking at I believe 20 TP for any alt on the same server that recieves the maps (either through mail or SS).
    6/8 SoA, 0/2 Moria, 0/1 Mirkwood, 0/1 Isengard, 1/1 Great River, 0/1 Rohan, 4/7 Skirmishes , 2/4 Instances, 0/1 Raid
    Cap removed, Premium Wallet - No, 15/35 AH, 4/15 Char slots, Bags: 5/6, 20/110 Shared Storage, 0/120 Shared Wardrobe, 0/2 Premium Classes , 0/5 Monster Play

Quote Originally Posted by Jayarih View Post
    Cartographer deeds ... If you can get all the maps you are looking at I believe 20 TP for any alt on the same server that recieves the maps (either through mail or SS).
    10 per deed, but there are 2 deeds available.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cart...ile_--_Eriador
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cartographile_--_Moria

As I mentioned above, I have a dedicated TP-Farmer character slot on my main Server (that is, enough for all my main alts +1 to spare). I store both sets of maps in my House (altho' that leaves room for not a whole lot more, sadly), and make sure my TP-farmers visit the house before I delete them. +20 TP more than makes up for the 10 TP quest ("A Little Extra Never Hurts"*) they miss from being on a ''new'' server.

(* http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...urts_--_Part_1 )

If you are a newbie with no ressources I recommend grinding reputation for bree in the barrow downs.
    In general I would say TP with reputation deeds is fast and easy, you just need enough Gold or Skirmish Marks.

The best way would be to earn TP with your money if you like the game and want to support it.
    Last edited by Schinderhannes; May 12 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    Suggestions: Tasks [URL="http://goo.gl/rt4M5"]en[/URL]|[URL="http://goo.gl/BBbhC"]de[/URL]

10 per deed, but there are 2 deeds available.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cart...ile_--_Eriador
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cartographile_--_Moria

As I mentioned above, I have a dedicated TP-Farmer character slot on my main Server (that is, enough for all my main alts +1 to spare). I store both sets of maps in my House (altho' that leaves room for not a whole lot more, sadly), and make sure my TP-farmers visit the house before I delete them. +20 TP more than makes up for the 10 TP quest ("A Little Extra Never Hurts"*) they miss from being on a ''new'' server.

(* http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...urts_--_Part_1 )
    If you are FTP most likely you dont have a house :P
    Im premium and I dont have one yet lol, but have 20 slot SS so it helps for moria cartographer (still getting eriador maps)
    6/8 SoA, 0/2 Moria, 0/1 Mirkwood, 0/1 Isengard, 1/1 Great River, 0/1 Rohan, 4/7 Skirmishes , 2/4 Instances, 0/1 Raid
    Cap removed, Premium Wallet - No, 15/35 AH, 4/15 Char slots, Bags: 5/6, 20/110 Shared Storage, 0/120 Shared Wardrobe, 0/2 Premium Classes , 0/5 Monster Play

i usually lvl up a man hunter (love the breeland quest flow) to lvl 14, buy a decent weapon from ah and then i just start doing quests and deeds in ered luin, easiest ones in the shire, then i am done with the toon, usually it takes a bit over 3 hrs to get over 250 tp... so not a bad harvest

what also works if you have a high lvl toon, do the sarnur instances, get rep items, do breeland instances, get also rep items, start a new toon on the same server, send the rep items there, use them and you have in no time like 80 tp, perfect if you can combine this with getting your virtues...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Jayarih View Post
    If you are FTP most likely you dont have a house :P
    Why not?

Standard Houses only cost ~! Gold, half the cap for F2P.

If you are F2P, you need to decide if you enjoy the game, in which case you either 1) remove the gold cap for TP. and you can afford the 7 GP for a Deluxe house, or 2) drop $15 once (only) and go VIP for 30 days and buff up all your (current) alts, which gives you 30 days to get +5 GP ( 2+5= 7 GP - not as hard as it sounds if you're above Lvl 30 or so, not once you have access to the AH).

(Yes, the second option is not technically F2P, but when did you last buy a game for $15 that was this good?)

Either way you can get a Deluxe House, and without you can still get a Standard. Absolutely nothing stopping you, so I'm bemused by your statement.

Why not?

Standard Houses only cost ~! Gold, half the cap for F2P.

If you are F2P, you need to decide if you enjoy the game, in which case you either 1) remove the gold cap for TP. and you can afford the 7 GP for a Deluxe house, or 2) drop $15 once (only) and go VIP for 30 days and buff up all your (current) alts, which gives you 30 days to get +5 GP ( 2+5= 7 GP - not as hard as it sounds if you're above Lvl 30 or so, not once you have access to the AH).

(Yes, the second option is not technically F2P, but when did you last buy a game for $15 that was this good?)

Either way you can get a Deluxe House, and without you can still get a Standard. Absolutely nothing stopping you, so I'm bemused by your statement.
    For the most part new players probably would not know much about housing, while there are quests that will point you there when you do get the quest most likely you wont have that kind of money.

For me Im just too casual to own a house, but it was more of a joke than anything though I do think in general most people that are new have little idea what to do with the housing.

Yeah I would say deeding is the way to go but what is this free 10 turbine points quest you are talking about?? I got the Mines of Moria collectors edition for $20 dollars and that is including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthStrider View Post
    Yeah I would say deeding is the way to go but what is this free 10 turbine points quest you are talking about?? I got the Mines of Moria collectors edition for $20 dollars and that is including shipping.
    The first character you create on a server will be offered a quest in the starter area where the NPC gives you 10 Turbine Points and tells you to go to the Store and buy something. You don't have to complete this quest; take the 10 points and ignore the quest.

You can only do this once per server.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

You can also make some TP with the 5 pages to collect in the Foresaken Inn, works like the maps of Eriador and Moria... Provided you have them on your main

Quote Originally Posted by FaeForSin View Post
    You can also make some TP with the 5 pages to collect in the Foresaken Inn, works like the maps of Eriador and Moria... Provided you have them on your main
    What quest or deed is this? I've been playing for almost 3 years and what you describe doesn't sound like anything I'm familiar with. Please elaborate! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BentoIce View Post
    What quest or deed is this? I've been playing for almost 3 years and what you describe doesn't sound like anything I'm familiar with. Please elaborate! thanks!
    I've found it in the Wiki:
    The Journal of Captain Rabghul

You do have to have the Forsaken Inn instance unlocked, though. Keep that in mind! So it's not an "easy" win.

Have fun!
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    The first character you create on a server will be offered a quest in the starter area where the NPC gives you 10 Turbine Points and tells you to go to the Store and buy something. You don't have to complete this quest; take the 10 points and ignore the quest.

You can only do this once per server.
    But if you decide to buy it, you only have to buy this once, so if you get the quest on one server, you will never need to buy it again. You'll still get the quest whenever you create a new character on a server you haven't been on before.
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by Shriya View Post
    I've found it in the Wiki:
    The Journal of Captain Rabghul

You do have to have the Forsaken Inn instance unlocked, though. Keep that in mind! So it's not an "easy" win.

Have fun!
    ahh! thanks for the info. I've not unlocked this instance so I haven't seen the quest. Maybe next sale! :0

I know you're talking about getting TP for free, but right at this moment there is a huge sale on at gamestop, they're selling the mithril edition for $4.99/£3.24, considering what you get in that pack it's more than worth it, the 2,000TP you get with the pack alone are worth far more than the price.

http://impulsedriven.com/lotro
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Was this a one-day sale? Cause I see a price of $19.99. That's four times the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriya View Post
    Was this a one-day sale? Cause I see a price of $19.99. That's four times the price.
    Looks like it was a 50% sale over the weekend which was listed incorrectly as a 75% sale, it's pack to $19.99 now Still $19.99 is actually still a heck of a lot better value than buying TP.
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    Looks like it was a 50% sale over the weekend which was listed incorrectly as a 75% sale, it's pack to $19.99 now Still $19.99 is actually still a heck of a lot better value than buying TP.
    That's true! Too bad I've got my money saved for other things. I'm kinda on a tight budget at the moment

Oh well, perhaps sometime in the future

One of the things I used to do was farm or buy rep items, mail to an alt, have them level rep to Kindred, and when all of it's done, delete the alt and start again. It doesn't give me t-points for rep anymore though, so now I just do a lot of deeds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast