We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Asylum and Friends Complete OD Disease T2 Challenge

After a couple weeks of attempts we finally pruned Baleleaf & Dourbark T2 Challenge.

I want to thank all those who came along for the ride for the past two weeks!
    Aladdin Sane
    -------------------
    http://crickhollowasylum.guildlaunch.com

Re: Asylum and Friends Complete OD Disease T2 Challenge

Captains :Iriddian, Faireven
    Minis: Thorogood, Paladintf
    Champ: Fexelea
    Burgs: Stouttheirish, Aladdin
    RK: Proakis
    LM: Earonhael
    Warden : Trull
    Hunters: Lashiel, Whizzy

Bit unconventional I think, but it worked well enough.

I'll post the video here, later, as well.

Thumbs up Re: Asylum and Friends Complete OD Disease T2 Challenge

Congrats on passing the challenge, keep it up that way
    .]

Congrats everyone. And with a warden tank even! Very impressive!

Fexelea was the other add tank? Or did you use one of the burgs?

Well done.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

We actually didn't really have a "tank".

The Hunters would keep aggro on each tree. The Champ/Captain and Warden/Captain combos would keep aggro on the adds on them. Trull was traited DPS if I recall correctly.
    The easiest wave is the first because you can kill them one at a time and synchronize the fall of the last. The second wave is a lot harder because you have to have three on you at once. We eventually figured out that we can't wait around for two minutes waiting for oathbreakers, and to just down the second of waves fast.
    Last edited by keikii; Aug 03 2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Tired. Too many runs.

Quote Originally Posted by keikii View Post
    We actually didn't really have a "tank".

The Hunters would keep aggro on each tree. The Champ/Captain and Warden/Captain combos would keep aggro on the adds on them. Trull was traited DPS if I recall correctly.
    The easiest wave is the first because you can kill them one at a time and synchronize the fall of the last. The second wave is a lot harder because you have to have three on you at once. We eventually figured out that we can't wait around for two minutes waiting for oathbreakers, and to just down the second of waves fast.
    I see, thats interesting.

We did it very similar. With hunters tanking trees.

On the second add phase we would slow/cc the adds while we waited on skills to come back up. Then bring each add down to 2k and in the end just aoe with ents/Raging blades/Rain of Arrows to make sure they would all die at the same time.

Anyway, if it works, it's good!

Amazing job and congratulations again.

How'd you guys get it down to 2k without someone killing it while waiting? Or dying yourselves?

We would have to get them down to 8k, and hope someone didn't kill one on accident on us. Then slooowly bring it down to 5k, and unleash aoes.

If we waited too long for the oathbreakers for the third time, people would start dropping like flies. Found we could drop 80k in dps within the time limit and just did it without that last oathbreaker.

We had three healers, too. Proakis was pretty much just healing the two hunters from the tree aggro damage, and the mini's dealt with the rest of the group.

You had 2 burglars , so you should just have dohne, disable on each add, +

FM healing for the rest which should keep you up the whole time,

Also Disable on the tree as much as possible.

Make the fight a lot easier.

65 Hunter : Ewinder, 65 Burglar : Ewie

Quote Originally Posted by keikii View Post
    How'd you guys get it down to 2k without someone killing it while waiting? Or dying yourselves?

We would have to get them down to 8k, and hope someone didn't kill one on accident on us. Then slooowly bring it down to 5k, and unleash aoes.

If we waited too long for the oathbreakers for the third time, people would start dropping like flies. Found we could drop 80k in dps within the time limit and just did it without that last oathbreaker.

We had three healers, too. Proakis was pretty much just healing the two hunters from the tree aggro damage, and the mini's dealt with the rest of the group.
    We would have 2 Raid Target Assists for each group (White/Red). We would call "No DPS" when each add would get tou around 8k/6k then only one person would dps that add down to 2k/3k. Communication was key here.

Adds can be slowed with Dust in the Eyes, Tar, Barbed Arrow, etc. They can also be rooted with Cracked Earth, Herb-Lore, Rain of Thorns. But they gain a run buff if they dont hit someone from time to time, so we let our tank go in every once in a while and then kite again.

It also helps to Disable and Fire-Lore to reduce the adds damage.

We tried an extra healer once, but it didn't go so well because cross-healing would mix up the adds. Having a dedicated hunter-tank healer was something i didnt think about but it's a very clever idea! Good catch!

There's an easy solution to prevent dying. Kiting! =D
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlessa View Post
    There's an easy solution to prevent dying. Kiting! =D
    You can't kite forever in this fight. There are mechanisms that prevent it. ;-)

We had 11 kin there, fortunately we had what we needed to make it possible at all.

We just figured we'd throw enough dps at the tree so we didn't need to wait for that last oathbreakers, and use more healing/debuffing/kiting/ccing to survive w/o a real tank. With what we had the last oathbreakers wasn't needed anyways so no point in waiting around for it. The trees were down into the 60-70k region before that last dps phase, and we killed em with plenty of time left.

We had the tree down to 36k in just the 1st long dps phase before a few times w/o really trying to stack up damage on one side. I bet you could come really close to getting the trees down in 1 add phase if you had exactly the right setup with well geared players. Captain, Mini with ballad of war legacy maxxed, hunter to tank tree, and champs/burgs would be extremely close.

We had to figure some stuff out as we went of course. But a lot came from talking to you guys that had done it, I'm glad ppl have been open and shared what they found out.
    Last edited by thorogood; Aug 03 2011 at 09:57 PM.

Here's an alternate video from Fexelea's POV.

http://youtu.be/_c433pQL2Fo

EDIT: Updated Fex's video.
    Last edited by keikii; Aug 22 2011 at 06:12 AM.

We have taken this down three weeks in a row now. Tonight 2 Elder King Symbols dropped. I think we have this one on farming status now.

Here is a link to the basic strategy we use to go with the videos linked in the above posts.

http://crickhollowasylum.guildlaunch...nge&gid=217839
    Last edited by rpglaspey; Aug 20 2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Aladdin Sane
    -------------------

Not possible.

Knights of Cool is the only kin on the entire server that is capable of what you speak of.

The kin leader told me so himself.

1. I never said KoC was the only one who could do it. At the time, several weeks ago, I said KoC was the only one who was farming it, not capable of farming it. I'm glad that others are able to do the same now. Congratulations to you all!

2. I'm not the leader of KoC. The leader is actually a female.

Congrats once again!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000009684/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1691459/149744687610107524]Apward[/url] - [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/1691459/149745787122141541]Apgash[/url] - And several other char's starting with "Ap" not worry of mention

Quote Originally Posted by TheAppy View Post
    1. I never said KoC was the only one who could do it. At the time, several weeks ago, I said KoC was the only one who was farming it, not capable of farming it. I'm glad that others are able to do the same now. Congratulations to you all!

2. I'm not the leader of KoC. The leader is actually a female.

Congrats once again!
    Thanks. We do have this on farming status officially. We have cleared it no problem every week since we first completed it. We are working on getting poison t2 challenge on farming status now.
    Aladdin Sane
    -------------------

Poison T2 is a lot more challenging, and the chalange need very good comunication as well as coordination.

65 Hunter : Ewinder, 65 Burglar : Ewie

Quote Originally Posted by Ewie View Post
    Poison T2 is a lot more challenging, and the chalange need very good comunication as well as coordination.
    Yes we are lucky to have a seasoned group of raiders in our kin that communicate and coordinate very well. We are very close as I said to putting Poison T2 challenge on farming status. Will let you know when we do.
    Aladdin Sane
    -------------------

That's awesome. Competition is healthy and I/we hope you guys nail it. ROI is coming soon and the rat race will begin all over.
    I do not read threads once I post in them because I could care less what your reply is...

Quote Originally Posted by rpglaspey View Post
    Yes we are lucky to have a seasoned group of raiders in our kin that communicate and coordinate very well. We are very close as I said to putting Poison T2 challenge on farming status. Will let you know when we do.
    After you nail it down once, its practically on farming status. The hard part is to have everyone know the fight and be in sync. Unless you switch a lot of people, it shouldn't be hard.

Did anything drop on Poison Challenge besides the Bracelet? cos thats all we've been gettin...
    Last edited by Galahadur; Aug 21 2011 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post
    After you nail it down once, its practically on farming status. The hard part is to have everyone know the fight and be in sync. Unless you switch a lot of people, it shouldn't be hard.

Did anything drop on Poison Challenge besides the Bracelet? cos thats all we've been gettin...
    Yes that is what I think too. We have not beat it yet so the loot question I cannot answer. We are at the point where people are in sync and we have the rocks completely under control. We just need a night or two to put it all together on 1 run.
    Aladdin Sane
    -------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Galahadur View Post

We got an axe actually. Maethathol.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...%28Level_65%29

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast