We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Disapointment?

Exclamation Disapointment?

Hello all,

I'm not sure this is the right section of the forum but I couldn't really find one that would fit so, here goes.

I've been playing LOTRO for a few days now, and I've been thoroughly enjoying the game, I'll admit, so yesterday I decided I was going to try and subscribe (VIP service), as I wanted to test PvMP and get all the "perks" attached.

But then there was a problem: The game would simply not accept my credit card (Mastercard), even though it's good and it works (I shop on Amazon with it all the time and I renew my WoW subscription with it too), so I searched around and found an option to buy Game Cards via the Turbine store.

And there they accepted my credit card and I got the game card code, but when I tried to redeem it, I got the error: PROCESS_BUY_NOW_UNABLE_TO_FETC H_PRODUCT_KEY

So I checked the FAQ, found a topic related to this and did what they asked to no avail. Then I opened a help ticket, and 24 hours later I still have nothing... No replies, no VIP subscription, no nothing.

And my question is: Does anyone know what will happen? Have you experienced something similar? Will they refund my money? And how long does it usually take to solve this? I was liking the game a lot and I'm pretty much on the verge of unninstalling it right now, as this seems like pretty awful service so far.

But maybe I'm overreacting and would like to hear someone else's experience/opinion, if possible.

Thanks.

Re: Disapointment?

Turbine is always slow to get back to you on tickets not opened in-game. The only one i've opened relating to money took them over a week to get back to me, but they did resolve it to my satisfaction. Between the merger of the European servers and the upcoming expansion - I'd say it may take quite a few days for them to contact you. Patience is all I can really say. I hope you stick it out - the game does get better as you get to the higher levels.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001a5f07/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Oh, damn :/ ... But I opened mine in their support center website. Even replied to their email with all the details again, in hopes it would get noticed faster.

Guess all I can do is wait then...

Turbine is a little stressed at the moment. It is a busy time. I agree that patience is the best option at the moment. Turbine has been reliable for me ever since I began, so I'd say you can trust that they will resolve your issue to your satisfaction, and that you should be back in LotRO as a VIP member soon enough. If anything, Middle-earth is definitely worth waiting a wee bit for.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004300ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You may yet have to face another disappointment. The error you got when you use the time card is because your current status is not VIP (and i know it doesnt make sense). You wouldnt have a problem if you use time card prior the end of your VIP status . However, if you use one after your sub ended or wanting to be VIP then that is where the problem (search the forum for time card issues). You will have to call/contact them so they can manually key-in/fix it. Instead of buying a time card for a friend, I ended up buying a Visa Gift card at Walmart. I used it without issue (you will need to register the card if you are going to use it for online purchases. A website is provided where you can register). But then again, i dont see why it rejected your CC as i used mine without problem.

I had heard of some issues European players were having with their CCs not working. Not exactly sure what all that entails...but I'm guessing that, with the merge, there are probably a lot of issues going on incorporating all the differences between EU servers/systems and NA servers/systems. Not positive...I happen to have no real knowledge of the situation. That is just my best guess.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004300ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]