We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Morroval Creep class

I know that most creep players would prefer that the existing classes be fixed before any more are added and I know that PvMP is unfortunately neglected and that I’m tossing this idea into the void where it may never be heard but this idea has been a desire of mine for a while now and I wanted to share it with people and see what they think, how it can be improved and even if it’s possible. My main goal here is to get feedback, develop the idea and perhaps get it noticed by someone official, even if a new creep class isn’t even being planned right now.

Basically, I want a Morroval Creep class. Before the cries of “But the Morroval are aligned with the Delving!” begin, we already have many cases of people from the same race fighting against each other in different factions, the best example being the large number of Brigands, Tribespeople, Angmarim and just plain evil men around that get killed by our good man characters every day; we also have Dwarves fighting against each other and even an Elf (though she repented in the end). Morroval are highly territorial and very merciless, even to their kin. If I remember the flimsy story for Monster play correctly, our creeps are being shipped over from Carn Dum, all fresh and new and ready for whippings; this works perfectly, as there is a faction of Morroval aligned with Angmar and you do fight Morroval, aligned with Angmar, in Carn Dum.

And with that out of the way I’ll start laying out my idea for the class. This is by no means complete, as I don't have enough skills or traits and I haven’t really thought about racial traits or what rank skills and traits would be available at. I do have some pictures of Morroval that I’ve taken/gathered to try and give an idea of rank appearances; this ordering is not a hard suggestion for how it should go, just my own thinking about the Morroval appearances that I’ve seen in-game.

(For those wondering: 0 is the appearance of basic Morroval found all over Angmar and Moria. 1 is a Morroval Slinger from Moria. 2 is a Morroval Defender from Moria. 3 is Mormoz from Carn Dum, but she shares her appearance with Morroval Stalkers in the Delving of Fror. 4 is Iarvael from Angmar, and she shares her appearance with Morcheryn from Angmar and with Bolgrukh, Tarbam and Zurtith in Carn Dum and with the Morroval Shriekers in Dannenglor. 5 is a Morroval-Robber from the Morroval Outcasts quest in Moria. 6 is a Greedy Morroval Thief from Mirkwood and shares an appearance with Ergoth from the Hall of Mirrors. 7 is Rimgurthil from the Delving of Fror and shares an appearance with Azgoth from Carn Dum. 8 is Carchrien from the Sword Halls of Dol Guldur and as far as I know is the only one here who doesn’t share an appearance with any other Morroval.)

Unfortunately I haven’t thought about the kind of class role that a Morroval class could fill, I’ve concentrated just on making it feel like I imagine a Morroval to be. Most Morroval we fight do much the same things: they stab you, they inflict bleeds or sometimes fears, they shriek, they stun you and they grapple you. The class I imagined is a fast moving damaging class that, while it can heal itself, it has low defence and no emergency survival skills. So, it will fall fast under a co-ordinated attack but in solo fights relies on out-damaging the enemy and sustaining itself with medium healing.

Another thing I wanted this class to have is a Morvul companion; I don’t mean like a pet in the common sense of the word as it is used in this game, but more like the second half of the class itself. The idea I came up with was a summonable Morvul Slave, which really works more like a stance in how it functions and much less like a pet; the Morvul doesn’t fight but instead remains close to you at all times and allows you to use a range of skills that would normally be locked out. I’ve only thought a few things that having the Morvul would open up for you and they’re mostly based off of things that actual Morvul do in the game. My intention here is that you have essentially two types of skills: skills that the Morroval uses and skills that the Morvul uses (even though they are located on you skill bar and you click them, it’s the Morvul that then does the action).

Morroval skills:
    Note: Morroval appear to be dual-wielders, so this means that like other DW classes, they get two auto-attacks per round and some skills use different hands for their damage quantity. I have no idea how this would really work in Monster play and my skill ideas aren’t that detailed anyway. Again, these skills aren’t a hard suggestions for how things should be, just thoughts that I’ve played around with.

Stab
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 2s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage
    “A quick attack”

Slice
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 4s cooldown
    - 2 hits, main hand, off hand
    “You slice your foe with both knives”

Hamstring (I couldn’t think of a better name)
    - melee skill, 3m range, 4s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage, inflicts a slow (-30% target run speed for 20 seconds) which is a wound and can be potted/removed.
    “You make an attack which slows your target”

Strong Blow
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 10s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage, x2 critical multiplier (normal critical multiplier is 1.5 I believe)
    “You make a damaging attack. This skills causes extra damage on critical hits”

Scourge
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 20s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage (strong), inflicts a wound (med wound for 20 sec, I was thinking similar to the Blackarrow’s fire arrow, except this will do common damage, not fire, so it will be more mitigated.)
    “Your blades cut deeply. This attack deals high damage and inflicts a bleeding wound on your enemy”

Swift Blades
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 5s cooldown
    - 2 hits, main hand, off hand, only useable after a critical hit
    “After a critical hit you are able to strike quickly”

Rend
    - 1 hit (strong), x3 critical multiplier, x2 damage multiplier if target is inflicted with Scourge, only useable after Swift Blades.
    “After using Swift Blades you make a devastating melee attack. This attack does massive damage on critical hits and will do extra damage if your foe is inflicted with Scourge however, using this skill will stop the bleeding”

Bloody Sustenance
    - tactical skill, toggle skill, 30m range, 10s cooldown, requires Morvul Slave
    - a mark is placed on an enemy which returns a 15% of damage as morale for anyone that does damage to it. (Yes, okay, fine, like Revealing Mark.)
    “Your Slave leaves a Mark on an enemy that will renew the morale of you and your companions when they wound the target. Only one target can be marked at a time. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Dominance of Body
    - tactical skill, 10m range, 1min 30s cooldown, costs power from the Morroval, requires Morvul Slave
    - morale is drained from your Morvul slave and given to the Morroval
    “Your Slave will sacrifice its morale to restore yours. This skill requires a power cost from you. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Dominance of Will
    - tactical skill, 10m range, 1min 30s cooldown, costs morale from the Morroval, requires Morvul Slave
    - power is drained from your Morvul slave and given to the Morroval
    “Your Slave will sacrifice its power to restore yours. This skill requires a morale cost from you. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Life Leech
    - tactical skill, 30m range, 30s cooldown, requires Morvul Slave
    - inflicts a wound on the target that drains morale over time and returns it to the Morvul
    “Your Slave drains morale from a target. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Power Leech
    - inflicts a fear on the target that drains power over time and returns it to the Morvul
    “Your slave drains power from a target. This skill requires your Morvul slave to be summoned”
    (I intended for the wound and fear from these leech skills to be removable by pots and curing skills)

Throw Knife
    - Ranged skill, 30m range, 2s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage
    “Throw a knife to strike your foe from afar”

Shriek
    - tactical skill, 30m range, 20s cooldown
    - 1 hit shadow damage, 20% chance to stun for 3 seconds on a critical hit
    “You shriek at your enemy, causing damage. This skill has a chance to stun on a critical hit”

Grapple
    - melee skill, 5m range, 1min cooldown, channelled skill, 10s duration, costs power per second
    - While channelling, roots target in place and inflicts a powerful bleed (I was thinking quite powerful, the downside being that you have to stand there and channel the skill, not fire and forget.). Both root and bleed stop when the skill is interrupted or finished. (This skill is interruptible by damage, interrupt skills, the player moving and anything else that would normally interrupt a channelled skill.)
    “You grapple with your foe and hook them with your claws, holding them in place and inflicting them with a heavy bleed. This skill is interruptible by damage”

Screech
    - tactical skill, 5m range, 2min cooldown, max targets 5, radius 5m
    - 1 hit shadow damage, stuns for 5 seconds
    “You screech your rage, making a full area-of-effect attack and stunning your foes”

Summon Slave
    - induction skill, channelled skill, 3s induction then 3s channel, no cooldown, can be used in combat
    - Summons a Morvul Slave.
    “You summon a Morvul Slave to aid you”

Share the Pain
    - 5min cooldown, 15s duration, requires Morvul Slave
    - 50% of Incoming damage is taken by your Morvul Slave
    “Your Slave knows the value of pain, sharing any damage you take for a short duration. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

That’s it for skills. As I said, I haven’t thought about what rank they might come in and there aren’t enough here for a full skill list as most other MP classes have more than twenty but I’d like to think it’s a start. I do seem to have come up with an overwhelming number of melee skills, even though I originally wanted this class to have a tactical focus. More tactical skills to flesh this out might be good, as well as more skills that use or interact with the Slave in higher ranks.

On to traits. Like with the skills, I don’t have a full amount and I haven’t thought about when they would become available. These are also only class traits, as I haven’t really thought about racial. Morroval are Ancient Evil, which we don’t have any of yet in the Creep army. Yet again, these are only thoughts, blah, blah, etc. While thinking about traits I thought of having two kinds of traits, some for buffing the Morroval’s abilities and others for buffing what the Morvul can do.

Shadow Blade
    - Causes your melee skills to do shadow damage instead of common.

Deep Strikes
    - Some of your melee skills have a chance to inflict a stackable lesser wound on critical hits

Discipline
    - Increases the morale, power and defences of your Morvul Slave

Slave training
    - Increases the morale and power gain and decreases the costs of Dominance of Body and Dominance of Will.
    - Increases the drain of the Life Leech and power Leech skills

Critical Boost
    - Increases the critical rating of all your skills

Enhanced Skill: Shriek
    - Increases the damage of your Shriek skill and increases the chance to stun on critical hit to 40%

Advance Skill: Take Wing
    - Gives you the Take Wing skill
    Take Wing
    - toggle skill, 2 min cooldown, heavy power cost per second, cannot be activated in combat
    - increases run speed by 15% both in and out of combat.
    “You use your wings to increase your running speed”

Advanced Skill: Drink Blood
    - Gives you the Drink Blood Skill
    Drink Blood
    - available on enemy defeat, 1 min cooldown
    - heals morale for you and your slave
    “After defeating an enemy, you may refresh yourself and your slave on the blood of the fallen”

And that’s it. I’d appreciate any comments, suggestions and criticisms to try and develop this idea more.
    Last edited by Piff; Sep 01 2015 at 01:28 AM. Reason: I done broke my picture link
    NELED GWAITH | OZRAID
    Berla115BRN . Falarfindel46CPT . Feaberry50HNT . Gerania115GRD . Gilauron63WDN . Gwynneth105BUR . Irraniel69CHN . Letheniel115LRM . Lalaithauriell112RNK . Tinuanorel76MNS
    NIMRODEL | ARKENSTONE

Re: Morroval Creep class

Not bad ideas.

By the way, Morrovals tend to have bat companions, so I think that could adequately take the place of your slave idea.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000171132/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It also might make a lot more sense for Merrevail to be allied with the Creeps in the new area as there won't be a Delving (I would assume).
    Commander Cariance - Mostly Dead - Riddermark
    Sentry Wariance - ISMELLMANFLESH - Riddermark

This was a really nice post with some good ideas.
    [B]What We Do In Life, Echoes in Eternity - [/B][URL]http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/monsterplay-player-vs-player-combat-624/422337-ultimate-evernight-thread-evernight-strikes-back.html[/URL][B]
    Blitzz Krieg R13 RK - Talgasn R11 Reaver -Talgroth R10 BA Evernight![/B]

Great post and a huge amount of effort put in.

Alot of effort put into that post. Its pretty well thought out. The only problem I see that it might take some changing of the mobs within the Delving of Fror.

I'm anxious to hear about new creep classes. Its been so long since there was a new one introduced. Same goes for freepside. I really though RoI might give us something new. Heck, I'd even be happy if the new class required purchase by anyone and everyone. Just gimme something new to play with here.
    « Seyz Vanguard - R14 »

Currently snooping around the back yard. ;)

I love your post, it just sounds so perfect. If there is a GM out there who would want to make a lot of people happy please make this a reality.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ff8c00]Muzzard[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#ff0000]

[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ffffff][U][SIZE=2]Warriors of the Great Eye[/SIZE][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on

I relly like the idea, myself. I think it should be a morvul-slave, as the original post suggested, since this fits will with the glimpses of the morroval caste and social structure that we've seen: Merrevail are the dominante sex, and their society is heavily matriarchal, whith most Morvul that we've seen being at the very least subservient, and often slaves to a mistress, or perhaps any mistress.

The other nice feature that this concept brings out is the combat predominence split: Merrevail are generally the warriors of their society apparent; they fight in melee, using weapons and claws, cutting, slashing, kicking etc. Morvul, conversely, seem to be the more mystic caste, using non-physical attacks more often then not, and seemingly more so inclined naturally.

As the Original post sugested, then, it seems that you would essentially have a class that functioned much like a dual-body class, in many respects, rather than a traditional pet class, but wihtout the shared pools... wherein your physically offenensive skills would be performed by your Mistress, and the tactical skills would be performed by the slave. I really like this.

The class would need, in my opinion, to be treated as an advanced class... it appears to be a fast-hard class, heavy ont he output, but goes down very quickly, and has no real panic buttons... the healing is healing-by-proxy, and a two-stage thing, with cooldowns at each leg, the first stage of which can be removed nd negated even after it has been stuck... so it seems as though the healing, by virtue of this and also by being self-healing only, could be at elast moderately potent; the issue, aside from cooldowns, being the ease witht whch the slave can fail to regain his own pools, for his mistress to draw from, and the feature, thereby, that the mistress's ability to heal is completely blocked if the slave is defeated, or otherwise forced away from her far enough.

It's a nice concept with identifiable strengths and weaknesses, so in this sense, too, I particularly like it.

A few more Tactical skills to be handled by the slave would be a nie way to flesh out the skill set, also I'm thinking corruption/trait lines which make trade-offs, like some other calsses... say one that beefs up your mistress-centric offence further, but prevents you from summoning your slave, or one whihc greatly improves the tactical offensive capabilities of your slave, at the cost of your melee effectvieness, or your own survivability, perhaps?

I also was struck by the idea of a further advanced skill, double-gated: a blood frenzy of sorts that buffs your offence and increases your vulnerabilities (maybe), to be used gated upon that already defeat-response-gated drink blood skill. Would need to be a high rank skill though, I'd say.

Other thant hat I really like this concept, and I hope someone with the power to do somethign about it picks it up and puts it forward tothe right people.

-Niara
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

These are really nice Ideas. I've been thinking about the concept too for a while, but I never put any effort on it. Now... all that needs to be done is to give the class a name ^_^ (and of course more traits and skills) Umm.....

Morroval Enchantress
    Morroval Corrupter
    Morroval Fear-Brewer
    Morroval Sorrow-Farmer

(Since I usually imagine the Morroval to be a powerful, seductive enchantress this could fit quite well)

Stances:
    Fury of Death - You focus yourself on dealing a variety of savage, furious swipes involving your bat claws. Disarms you and enables "____ of Death" Skills to be played. 10% More Melee damage.

Blades of the Winged Foe - Your blades are fast and agile, allowing you to strike multiple times.

Skills:
    (Fury of Death Stance Exclusive)
    Circle of Death - You confuse your foe with a quick circling dash before pouncing straight at him, knocking him down.
    Claws of Death - Three Savage Claw Swipes that cannot Miss, but the chance for the target to parry is higher than other skills.
    Dance of Death - You perform a dance so enchanting it keeps your foe dazed for 5 seconds as you move to place your strike. It is costly in Morale though.

(Blades of the Winged Foe Stance Exclusive)
    Strike of the Winged Foe - You hit your foe three times with your blades, slashing mild cuts and wounding him.
    Slash of the Winged Foe - A quick slash with your blade that leaves a rather deep gash in your foe's defenses.
    Merciless Blade of the Winged Foe - The most powerful attack of a Morroval. Costs a lot of morale, but the damage is usually high.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Hammad-i-Quendi - Outfits for Elves
    Daerundros | Selarthil | Ruthoiel | Duinien

A sexy creep class!
    Yes please!

Morrovals are hawt, in a Suicide Girl kind of way...
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

I would roll that

I haven't liked most of the new creep class ideas people have put out there, but I like this one.

The graphics are already there so it would be easy for Turbine (kind of like it was for weaver class). The walking, running, graphics, skins, were already in place so spiders were easy, same here for morroval.

Cool idea.

Your reasoning behind the class is well thought out. A lot of skins are already made. One thing I noticed is that the class has a lot of melee and tactical skills and I even saw a ranged one in there too. A new class should add something to the moors that the other creep classes don't already have instead of adding bits and pieces of each class to this new one. A tactical offensive creep or an aoe creep like the champ would be the best fit I think. The easiest way to fulfill this would be to add a dps side to defilers where they cannot heal, similar to RKs and Minis; however a new class with our new pvp changes might be refreshing.

On the field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts.

Thumbs up Re: Morroval Creep class

This sexy beast can actually make me return on creep side!
    [center][IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk168/Kwpa/alpharhochiepsilon3AF0omicronlambda3AE0psietasigmaf_zpsc8f9ce12.jpg[/IMG]
    † [i]Greatness comes to those who claim it[/i] †[/center]

They gots chicken legs.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620501000006e04e/signature.png]Muzarg[/charsig][/center]

[center][b]Now they will learn why they fear the night![/b][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane View Post
    They gots chicken legs.
    They do indeed. I'm also impressed at the skill shown by a lot of Morroval in using knives with their dinky little fingers on top of their wing arms.

@ Lenton
    This is true but bats summoned by Morroval in-game don't do much more than interrupt, put diseases on you and stun you, while Morvul have drains and marks and I wanted the Morvul for the tactical side of things.
    NELED GWAITH | OZRAID
    Berla115BRN . Falarfindel46CPT . Feaberry50HNT . Gerania115GRD . Gilauron63WDN . Gwynneth105BUR . Irraniel69CHN . Letheniel115LRM . Lalaithauriell112RNK . Tinuanorel76MNS
    NIMRODEL | ARKENSTONE

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsbane View Post
    They gots chicken legs.
    I like chicken.

This idea is one of the flashier ones I've seen since I began stalking the European forums 'round SoA launch.

Here's some suggestions, comment on them as you please.

Class Role: A manipulative and crowd controlling spike damage dealer with emphasis on the Morroval's slender movement and ear-splitting cries, depicting her as a clawing, manipulative and wailing horror of shadows.

Fury of the Winged One (former Hamstring)
    - melee skill, 3m range, 30s cooldown
    - 2 hit for 90% of main hand damage, inflicting a wound (-35% target run speed for 15 seconds) which is a wound and can be potted/removed.
    “You direct your attention towards the foolishly exposed tendons of your foe, clawing them and reducing the opponent's movement speed.”

Wail of Terror (former Shriek)
    - Ranged debuffing skill, 35m range, 60 sec cooldown
    - Targeted skill, hits up to 6 targets in 10 aoe for 300 Shadow Damage
    - 1,5 sec induction time, targets have their movement speed slowed by 20% for 5 seconds, followed by a 15 sec debuff: (Living Nightmare - Deals 125 Shadow Damage every three seconds + incoming damage increased by 10%)
    These effects are Fears and can be removed.

That's all for tonight. Good luck with this one, OP.
    Also, Norrland is Europes second greatest exporter of Ninja-warriors that slays bears with their hands. Do not mess with Diddemannen.
    - Hatty

I love it....

Give it to meh...
    Bregnagra - Ashkoz - Kulurien ~ Formerly of Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ZirasAminstrel View Post
    Your reasoning behind the class is well thought out. A lot of skins are already made. One thing I noticed is that the class has a lot of melee and tactical skills and I even saw a ranged one in there too. A new class should add something to the moors that the other creep classes don't already have instead of adding bits and pieces of each class to this new one. A tactical offensive creep or an aoe creep like the champ would be the best fit I think. The easiest way to fulfill this would be to add a dps side to defilers where they cannot heal, similar to RKs and Minis; however a new class with our new pvp changes might be refreshing.
    Warleaders are going to become the creepside tactical class after RoI pretty much as i see it.

All creepside will really lack is AOE capabilities. I personally don't think reavers should fulfill that role, a new class would be perfect.

A creep class with Tactical(burst) and physical(sustained) AOE abilities would be ideal for this. (counter LM's and Champs).

Some really good idea's.

Quote Originally Posted by Piff View Post
    I know that most creep players would prefer that the existing classes be fixed before any more are added and I know that PvMP is unfortunately neglected and that I’m tossing this idea into the void where it may never be heard but this idea has been a desire of mine for a while now and I wanted to share it with people and see what they think, how it can be improved and even if it’s possible. My main goal here is to get feedback, develop the idea and perhaps get it noticed by someone official, even if a new creep class isn’t even being planned right now.

Basically, I want a Morroval Creep class. Before the cries of “But the Morroval are aligned with the Delving!” begin, we already have many cases of people from the same race fighting against each other in different factions, the best example being the large number of Brigands, Tribespeople, Angmarim and just plain evil men around that get killed by our good man characters every day; we also have Dwarves fighting against each other and even an Elf (though she repented in the end). Morroval are highly territorial and very merciless, even to their kin. If I remember the flimsy story for Monster play correctly, our creeps are being shipped over from Carn Dum, all fresh and new and ready for whippings; this works perfectly, as there is a faction of Morroval aligned with Angmar and you do fight Morroval, aligned with Angmar, in Carn Dum.

And with that out of the way I’ll start laying out my idea for the class. This is by no means complete, as I don't have enough skills or traits and I haven’t really thought about racial traits or what rank skills and traits would be available at. I do have some pictures of Morroval that I’ve taken/gathered to try and give an idea of rank appearances; this ordering is not a hard suggestion for how it should go, just my own thinking about the Morroval appearances that I’ve seen in-game.

(For those wondering: 0 is the appearance of basic Morroval found all over Angmar and Moria. 1 is a Morroval Slinger from Moria. 2 is a Morroval Defender from Moria. 3 is Mormoz from Carn Dum, but she shares her appearance with Morroval Stalkers in the Delving of Fror. 4 is Iarvael from Angmar, and she shares her appearance with Morcheryn from Angmar and with Bolgrukh, Tarbam and Zurtith in Carn Dum and with the Morroval Shriekers in Dannenglor. 5 is a Morroval-Robber from the Morroval Outcasts quest in Moria. 6 is a Greedy Morroval Thief from Mirkwood and shares an appearance with Ergoth from the Hall of Mirrors. 7 is Rimgurthil from the Delving of Fror and shares an appearance with Azgoth from Carn Dum. 8 is Carchrien from the Sword Halls of Dol Guldur and as far as I know is the only one here who doesn’t share an appearance with any other Morroval.)

Unfortunately I haven’t thought about the kind of class role that a Morroval class could fill, I’ve concentrated just on making it feel like I imagine a Morroval to be. Most Morroval we fight do much the same things: they stab you, they inflict bleeds or sometimes fears, they shriek, they stun you and they grapple you. The class I imagined is a fast moving damaging class that, while it can heal itself, it has low defence and no emergency survival skills. So, it will fall fast under a co-ordinated attack but in solo fights relies on out-damaging the enemy and sustaining itself with medium healing.

Another thing I wanted this class to have is a Morvul companion; I don’t mean like a pet in the common sense of the word as it is used in this game, but more like the second half of the class itself. The idea I came up with was a summonable Morvul Slave, which really works more like a stance in how it functions and much less like a pet; the Morvul doesn’t fight but instead remains close to you at all times and allows you to use a range of skills that would normally be locked out. I’ve only thought a few things that having the Morvul would open up for you and they’re mostly based off of things that actual Morvul do in the game. My intention here is that you have essentially two types of skills: skills that the Morroval uses and skills that the Morvul uses (even though they are located on you skill bar and you click them, it’s the Morvul that then does the action).

Morroval skills:
    Note: Morroval appear to be dual-wielders, so this means that like other DW classes, they get two auto-attacks per round and some skills use different hands for their damage quantity. I have no idea how this would really work in Monster play and my skill ideas aren’t that detailed anyway. Again, these skills aren’t a hard suggestions for how things should be, just thoughts that I’ve played around with.

Stab
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 2s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage
    “A quick attack”

Slice
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 4s cooldown
    - 2 hits, main hand, off hand
    “You slice your foe with both knives”

Hamstring (I couldn’t think of a better name)
    - melee skill, 3m range, 4s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage, inflicts a slow (-30% target run speed for 20 seconds) which is a wound and can be potted/removed.
    “You make an attack which slows your target”

Strong Blow
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 10s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage, x2 critical multiplier (normal critical multiplier is 1.5 I believe)
    “You make a damaging attack. This skills causes extra damage on critical hits”

Scourge
    - 1 hit main hand damage (strong), inflicts a wound (med wound for 20 sec, I was thinking similar to the Blackarrow’s fire arrow, except this will do common damage, not fire, so it will be more mitigated.)
    “Your blades cut deeply. This attack deals high damage and inflicts a bleeding wound on your enemy”

Swift Blades
    - melee skill, 2.5m range, 5s cooldown
    - 2 hits, main hand, off hand, only useable after a critical hit
    “After a critical hit you are able to strike quickly”

Rend
    - 1 hit (strong), x3 critical multiplier, x2 damage multiplier if target is inflicted with Scourge, only useable after Swift Blades.
    “After using Swift Blades you make a devastating melee attack. This attack does massive damage on critical hits and will do extra damage if your foe is inflicted with Scourge however, using this skill will stop the bleeding”

Bloody Sustenance
    - tactical skill, toggle skill, 30m range, 10s cooldown, requires Morvul Slave
    - a mark is placed on an enemy which returns a 15% of damage as morale for anyone that does damage to it. (Yes, okay, fine, like Revealing Mark.)
    “Your Slave leaves a Mark on an enemy that will renew the morale of you and your companions when they wound the target. Only one target can be marked at a time. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Dominance of Body
    - tactical skill, 10m range, 1min 30s cooldown, costs power from the Morroval, requires Morvul Slave
    - morale is drained from your Morvul slave and given to the Morroval
    “Your Slave will sacrifice its morale to restore yours. This skill requires a power cost from you. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Dominance of Will
    - tactical skill, 10m range, 1min 30s cooldown, costs morale from the Morroval, requires Morvul Slave
    - power is drained from your Morvul slave and given to the Morroval
    “Your Slave will sacrifice its power to restore yours. This skill requires a morale cost from you. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Life Leech
    - inflicts a wound on the target that drains morale over time and returns it to the Morvul
    “Your Slave drains morale from a target. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

Power Leech
    - inflicts a fear on the target that drains power over time and returns it to the Morvul
    “Your slave drains power from a target. This skill requires your Morvul slave to be summoned”
    (I intended for the wound and fear from these leech skills to be removable by pots and curing skills)

Throw Knife
    - Ranged skill, 30m range, 2s cooldown
    - 1 hit main hand damage
    “Throw a knife to strike your foe from afar”

Shriek
    - tactical skill, 30m range, 20s cooldown
    - 1 hit shadow damage, 20% chance to stun for 3 seconds on a critical hit
    “You shriek at your enemy, causing damage. This skill has a chance to stun on a critical hit”

Grapple
    - melee skill, 5m range, 1min cooldown, channelled skill, 10s duration, costs power per second
    - While channelling, roots target in place and inflicts a powerful bleed (I was thinking quite powerful, the downside being that you have to stand there and channel the skill, not fire and forget.). Both root and bleed stop when the skill is interrupted or finished. (This skill is interruptible by damage, interrupt skills, the player moving and anything else that would normally interrupt a channelled skill.)
    “You grapple with your foe and hook them with your claws, holding them in place and inflicting them with a heavy bleed. This skill is interruptible by damage”

Screech
    - tactical skill, 5m range, 2min cooldown, max targets 5, radius 5m
    - 1 hit shadow damage, stuns for 5 seconds
    “You screech your rage, making a full area-of-effect attack and stunning your foes”

Summon Slave
    - induction skill, channelled skill, 3s induction then 3s channel, no cooldown, can be used in combat
    - Summons a Morvul Slave.
    “You summon a Morvul Slave to aid you”

Share the Pain
    - 5min cooldown, 15s duration, requires Morvul Slave
    - 50% of Incoming damage is taken by your Morvul Slave
    “Your Slave knows the value of pain, sharing any damage you take for a short duration. This skill requires your Morvul Slave to be summoned”

That’s it for skills. As I said, I haven’t thought about what rank they might come in and there aren’t enough here for a full skill list as most other MP classes have more than twenty but I’d like to think it’s a start. I do seem to have come up with an overwhelming number of melee skills, even though I originally wanted this class to have a tactical focus. More tactical skills to flesh this out might be good, as well as more skills that use or interact with the Slave in higher ranks.

On to traits. Like with the skills, I don’t have a full amount and I haven’t thought about when they would become available. These are also only class traits, as I haven’t really thought about racial. Morroval are Ancient Evil, which we don’t have any of yet in the Creep army. Yet again, these are only thoughts, blah, blah, etc. While thinking about traits I thought of having two kinds of traits, some for buffing the Morroval’s abilities and others for buffing what the Morvul can do.

Shadow Blade
    - Causes your melee skills to do shadow damage instead of common.

Deep Strikes
    - Some of your melee skills have a chance to inflict a stackable lesser wound on critical hits

Discipline
    - Increases the morale, power and defences of your Morvul Slave

Slave training
    - Increases the morale and power gain and decreases the costs of Dominance of Body and Dominance of Will.
    - Increases the drain of the Life Leech and power Leech skills

Critical Boost
    - Increases the critical rating of all your skills

Enhanced Skill: Shriek
    - Increases the damage of your Shriek skill and increases the chance to stun on critical hit to 40%

Advance Skill: Take Wing
    - Gives you the Take Wing skill
    Take Wing
    - toggle skill, 2 min cooldown, heavy power cost per second, cannot be activated in combat
    - increases run speed by 15% both in and out of combat.
    “You use your wings to increase your running speed”

Advanced Skill: Drink Blood
    - Gives you the Drink Blood Skill
    Drink Blood
    - available on enemy defeat, 1 min cooldown
    - heals morale for you and your slave
    “After defeating an enemy, you may refresh yourself and your slave on the blood of the fallen”

And that’s it. I’d appreciate any comments, suggestions and criticisms to try and develop this idea more.
    Intresting ideas my friend , very, but i really doubt we will get any new classes ever again.

I like the idea of this, but I would think there needs to be a class definition for what primary archetype the class would fit into. I believe the creeps already have one of each primary except an AoE specialist, so this would probably have to be something along the lines of the Warden/RK addition to freep side, where some attempt was made to cross-class.

Along with some of the other commenters, I think this would need to be an advanced class, and I can see some room on creep side for a class that uses a similar "gambit" based mechanic as the Warden. Something that has to build up to skills, rather than just another any-skill-any-time or reactive class. I don't really see Morroval as being solo specialists, but rather group support and tacklers. Things like power drains, life leeches, fear based debuffs etc.

I really liked the OPs idea of an channeled root skill, that really does seem like something unique and Morroval-esque. I also think that things that enhance other classes abilities would be reasonable as a group support focus, rather than direct intervention like heals or outright buffs. The OP mentioned a skill like Revealing Mark - I'd rather see that as being something that could be put on that would change bleeds to life leeches, that sort of thing. So rather than a direct morale-for-damage return, rather a mark that made the DoT element of bleeds return morale instead. That way other classes would need to be aware and work in tandem with the Morroval to get the best use of her abilities by using the right skills of their own on targets.

I don't think this would necessarily be a good choice for an AoE class because Morroval eschew armour. Tactical long-range AoE would be unreasonably overpowered - the Champion's tradeoff for doing damage to lots of things at once is that those things also have the chance to smack you while you are doing it Some folks might mention the RK AoEs but the class is not built around those skills and they certainly aren't mindblowing. I also don't see much AoE potential in all the Morroval seen so far, so it would be kind of strange to see that only in the moors.

The Hall of Mirrors Morroval that have the bat-shield thing would be a good skill. Would look quite impressive on the battlefield, and also add some confusion from lots of flying little things Every class needs a dramatic, defining skill that everybody recognises. The shriek is definitely one of those, so thumbs up for that getting in there.

+1 from me for the amount of detail on the OP, hopefully it can be refined over time and get considered for implementation.

Sound's like a awesome class and hope this will be a new creep class but i think Turbine will do nothing with this... They should look to some idea's of there one players and do something with it if it is a good idea like this .

Would be nice to see a Morroval, the skills sounds awesome and maybe it gives some more balence between the freep and creep.. Freeps are just overpowered.

And maybe a skill like the hunters Camoflauge would be nice. And when a enemy is walking right pass you, you can come out of camoflauge and stun him for like 5 seconds? Some morrovals npc's can do this like the two in the Delving of Frór. Also i should make Hamstring not a wound but just for like 10 - 15 seconds. No freep slow movement skill can't be removed so why a creep one can?
    Last edited by Hibbit; Aug 26 2011 at 12:02 PM.

if they make this a class it needs to have at least one aoe shadow blast move that dose massive damage to a max of 6 targets like say 800-1400 reglery hits and on crits 1400-2000- and devastating crits 2000-2800 now of course this will be a very high ranked move at rank 12 and it would have a long cd like 10mins and some trait at rank 15 i gess to make its cd go down to 5mins.

other than that i gess put in some smaller aoe shadow moves and maybe a heal or 2 for other people and itself.

now i don't know much about these Morroval so if my ideas are just not anything like any of these have well sorry but i don't know much about them and i just want us creeps to have some really good aoe that would help when we get in fights where we are buched up us and freeps and in those fights they just spam all there aoe moves and we are dead in like 5s or less so i thought it would be a good idea to have at least one aoe shadow blast move that can do nearly 3000 damage on devastating crits and seeing as how soon no freep that knows how to get armor and other stuff will have below 10k of health i really don't see that big move i thought of as being op as for a name i gess you could call it "Feel The Wrath of Darkness" other than that I can't think of a better name and really if even hunter and rks are going to have at the very least amount of health 10k then really the move needs to be rank 7 or 8 but yall know more than i do so yall tell if this move is good idea for this class and what rank it should be.
    Last edited by jack4316; Sep 11 2011 at 03:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast