We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Single button to change a set of armour

A kin member asked me if it would be possible to have a plugin that would give you one button that you could click that would then change a set of armour?

example is on the capt if you have the old rift stuff you get the 4 set bonus which makes your good rez insta cast so if you could bind to a single key the armour in your bag. you hit the button which switchs your armour you can cast the rez. then hit the same button to switch back to your old armour? or would you need a second button for your other armour?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000181ccd/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Single button to change a set of armour

Quote Originally Posted by archangel45 View Post
    A kin member asked me if it would be possible to have a plugin that would give you one button that you could click that would then change a set of armour?

example is on the capt if you have the old rift stuff you get the 4 set bonus which makes your good rez insta cast so if you could bind to a single key the armour in your bag. you hit the button which switchs your armour you can cast the rez. then hit the same button to switch back to your old armour? or would you need a second button for your other armour?
    Short answer: Nope - not possible.

Long answer:
    It's not possible to script/code equipping an item, so the only way you can equip anything is via a quickslot with that item set in it. Now, it would be possible to make a quickslot switch between two items - so for instance, if you have a chest from one set in a quickslot - clicking it would equip that chest, and then the slot would change to display the other chest. But the best case scenario would still involve clicking for each piece.

That being said, the quickslots don't have to be arranged in "bar" form. You could, for instance, have them set up in a carousel that would rotate with the mousewheel - making it take up a small amount of space - and allow you to switch sets by scroll+click on each piece.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

thanks for the reply
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000181ccd/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A plugin is not going to help you. You can do this easy enough with a programmable keyboard. You quickslot all the pieces for both sets. You set up two keys on the keyboard. You press function key 1 - it sends 123456 to the game. Activating slots 1-6. Putting on the suit that is in those slots. You could use any combinations of quick slots. All you need to do is set up a couple of keys on the keyboard.

You might could use an addon like Tonic Bars to free up enough slots for something like this. I do not think you can do it with an add on. I do not believe we have access to the item id numbers
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 31 2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

If you don't have a programmable keyboard, you can use something like AutoHotkey.

Note: You can do many things with AHK that aren't allowed in LotRO, but what you are suggesting is I believe (as it is, for all intents and purposes, the same as having a macro keyboard, which were deemed to be ok).
    Eraelin | Redemnus