We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

The Out of Bounders!!!

People of the Shire!

I know I’m not the most respected of this community, but I still call to you to hear me!

For those of you who don’t know me, My name is Limdalen Nimblefinger from Bockenbornings. A year ago I was like you. I grew barley, hay, apples and pears on land that has been in my family for 3 generations. Then I decided that I would come to visit my cousin in Hobbiton during the Summer festival and bring a couple of barrels of my own homebrew beer to share. On my way from Bockenbornings I was accosted by Goblins who wanted my barrels. I did my best to fight them off, but my horse got spooked and I fell out of the wagon. I awoke with a Dunedain Ranger, Halros of the race of Men, standing over me, and the three goblins dead at his feet. He had brought me to a small hidden campsite that he had made. The ground of his campsite was well worn and he told me that this was his usual post. He said that these were only a scouting party. A large tribe has settled in the hills above Bockenbornings and the Greenfields! Bullroarer Took would be appalled that we have not keep those dirty villains out of the shire! I have lent my aid to the Bounders and under their auspices have fought Dwarven Raiders in Needlehole, Brigands in Tookland and Orc just outside of Buckland!! Something is dreadfully wrong!
    This last year I have traveled to Bree-town to see where these blights have come from. I found that in places beyond our borders, it only gets worse! Towns better defended than ours have been burned to the ground! Crops stolen and innocents murdered or worse!

I know what you fine Hobbits are saying!! “Don’t look for trouble and none will look for you!” “That it’s Big Folk trouble, let them deal with it!” Well the Big folk are dealing with it. I’ve met other Rangers, as well as other Men, Elves and Dwarves, who have given their blood and very lives to make sure the Shire remains untroubled! But the enemy is powerful and many. How soon until these heroes go to look after their own troubles? The Elves are leaving these shores. The dwarves delve deeper into their mountains. Men alone cannot hold back this tide without help!

To that end I am building a group of volunteers….”The Out of Bounders”.

Our purpose is threefold.
    · Firstly, to go outside the Shire to pick up the Shire’s end of the slack that is being held by Elf, Man and Dwarf.

· Second (Perhaps the more important) Bring some measure of the peace we’ve enjoyed here, to those who have thus far given us that peace without reward or remembrance.

· Lastly we must bring the stories and the names of those who have fought or died for us, back to the Shire so that all may know them. We must ensure the honored living and dead are not truly unsung heroes.

We of the Shire have many skills we can bring. Scouting enemy territory, defending innocents, or adding clubs or blades where they are lacking. We can also share what we have with those beyond our bounds. Bring a slice of warm spiced apple pie to a Ranger in Estelidin. Share a pouch of Longbottom leaf with a dwarf who walked out of the wyrm’s maw of Angmar. Lighten the heart of an elf on the late watch with the finest Shire songs! Give these heroes, whom we’ve not seen, a taste of what we enjoy and gladden their hearts in the Dark.

I know many of you cannot give up the lives you have here. I’ll forgive any hobbit who at least shares something with us in this cause. A bushel of apples, a pat of butter, a bolt of stout wool, many hands make for light work. I’m looking for other black sheep and hobbits of ill repute (who feel as I do) as well as those "Big Folk" who nejoy the finer things in life, to join me. I understand my reputation is plummeting by the minute. But while I’ll miss the birthday party invitations, I’ll sleep better knowing that I helped make sure that there could be another birthday.

If you wish for a more discrete dialog, drop me a post (Limdalen, Laurelin server) and I will seek you out to see how you wish to help.

(OOC: Ok time for the mundane. Looking to build a Mature, Moderate to heavy RP guild around the precepts and ideas in Lim’s speech above. This will not be a military band/militia kin with boot camps, patrols, and such. This is a looser association with maybe a cosmetic signifier (ie the bounder hat or something) as our only uniform. I would like to actually reach out to other kinships in the idea that they are the interactive connection to the static NPCs that we all interact with. We’re on a Roleplay server so I’d like us to become the morale boosters of middle earth. Someone in another kin need’s armor, we make it. Someone needs Dyes our scholars make them. A fellowship need an extra set of hands for a raid, we step in to fill the gap. I’m also interested in perhaps arranging RP events sponsored by the Guild in various places in Middle earth that could use a good cheering up. I’m figuring out a merit system for our assistance to tie it into a monthly contest for some sort of prize but it will depend on the amount of people we get. I’d like us to be allied with as many other Kins as possible.

I’ve been an offline roleplayer most of my life but in LOTRO primarily a solo quester. I was part of the Lords of Moria on Nimrodel until I moved house and got expelled for non communication. Nothing personal but it got me wondering what else was out there. I tried the Landroval server before Laurelin became accessable and found their RP experience lacking. Fernwold my original Main on Nim is only 38th level but I cannot move him to this EU server. So he's retiring and Limdalen at 14th is my new Main. I am interested in expanding the North American presence on the Laurelin server as roleplay seems much better. I’ve always enjoyed aiding fellow kinmembers with quests, aiding in getting crafting supplies for others to advance, or crafting a low level members a sets of kick a$$ armor. I’m not able to be on every night. If I am on I might just be there for RP or admin purposes on my netbook. If I am questing I’m more than willing to assist in what quests I qualify for. I hope this kin is of interest to others. If the interest is there I’ll post to this thread and we’ll create “The Out of Bounders”!
    Last edited by plapete30; Aug 25 2011 at 12:21 AM.

Re: The Out of Bounders!!!

What is your definition of "heavy RP?" Mine is "RP IC in-quests, not just in the Pony, and RP the existing storyline the game gives us, don't make stuff up."

Max...

Yes we do Rp in quests as well as in other places. Out kinship chat is for the most part IC although currently we as a kin are not all together at the moment. It is a little out of lore to do so...but for now its mostly myself and my friends.

That being said while we try to adhere to book and game lore as presented, I'm dismayed by your showing in this forum post.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...it-RP-question

My guild is not slavish to the lore and as such may not neccessarily be for you. I'll not completely say no to your admission. But I disagree with your comments here and would hope you'd keep such opinions to yourself. If we have a hobbit from lothlorien or not...hobbits truly are from everywhere. Smeagl\gollum is from gladden fields which is near Mirkwood and yet Isildur also died there. Additionally Hobbits themselves are described as "shy of the Big Folk and becoming hard to find." Just because some Lothlorien Potentate didnt see a small colony of Hobbits on the borders of the Lorien, doesnt mean they were not there. I'll just say that you'd be welcome provided you are as welcoming. Send me an IG post and we can start from there.
    Last edited by plapete30; Oct 06 2011 at 08:42 PM.

Heya Limdalen,

Was reading through your post, and nearly /facepalm'ed. I hadn't realized you guys were NA based. Was wondering if you would like to talk in the future concerning RP possibilities and/or some kind of alliance for filling instance/raid groups when that time comes.

I'll look you up in game, or vice versa if you're interested.

peace!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000014c989/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Smile Re: The Out of Bounders!!!

Very interesting, I love a kinship were my hobbit doesn't get mocked at because of his length and I believe my good friend and IC companion couldn't agree with me more!

We just made two hobbits recently and are still looking for a proper kinship to settle down in and I think I've striked the mark here.

I'll contact you ingame as soon as possible so we can talk things over.

My good Free People!!!

My apologies for the delay in my reply to you both... Although the Forums certainly are excuse enough.

@oaxaca_dan: Please feel free to contact me in or out of game as is convenient to see about coordinating an alliance.

@Khaiden: I have not had the opportunity to be in game due to some RL issues but I will endeavor to do so tonight and hopefully make your aquaintance.

Hope to meet both of you soon...

Warm Regards
    Limdalen

Having just come across your post, I found it very interesting. As a member of *people of the Shire* I think this idea is good and extend an invite to Green Dragon Friday, to you and yours. Having a mobile *bounders* kin will be great for Rp for all Hobbits.

We're Officially The Out of Bounders!!!

WE'RE OFFICIAL!!!

The Out of Bounders (Limdalen, Founder, Cideric, Second)

Our OfficialCharter

Peopleof the Shire! A year ago I was likeyou. I grew barley, hay, apples and pears on land that has been in myfamily for 3 generations. Then I had my eyes opened to the Dangers thatconfront the Shire!

Alarge Goblin tribe has settled in the Greenfields aboveBockenbornings! Bullroarer Took would beappalled! Dwarven Raiders in Needlehole, Brigands in Tookland and Orcoutside Buckland!! Something is dreadfully wrong!

Inplaces beyond our borders, it only gets worse! Towns better defended than ourshave been burned to the ground! Crops stolen! Innocents murdered or worse!

I know what you fine Hobbits are saying!! “Don’t look for trouble and none willlook for you!” “That it’s Big Folk trouble, let them deal with it!” Well the Big folk are dealing with it!

Rangers,Men, Elves and Dwarves, have given their blood and very lives to make sure theShire remains untroubled! But the enemy is powerful and many. How soon until these heroes go to look after their own troubles? TheElves are leaving these shores. The dwarves delve deeper into theirmountains. Men alone cannot hold back this tide without help!

To that end I am building a group of volunteers….”The Out of Bounders”.

Our purpose is threefold.
    · Firstly, to go outside the Shire topick up the Shire’s end of the slack that is being held by Elf, Man andDwarf. We’re scouting enemy territory, defending innocents, or addingclubs or blades where they are lacking.

· Second (Perhaps the more important) Bring some measure of the peace we’veenjoyed here, to those who have thus far given us that peace without reward orremembrance. We’re bringing a slice of warm spiced apple pie to a Ranger inEstelidin. We’re sharing a pouch of Longbottom leaf with a dwarf whowalked out of the wyrm’s maw of Angmar. Lightening the heart of an elf onthe late watch with the finest Shire songs! Give these heroes ataste of what we enjoy and gladden their hearts in the Dark.

· Lastly we must bring the stories and the names of those who have fought or diedfor us, back to the Shire so that all may know them. We must ensure the honoredliving and dead are not truly unsung heroes.

Manyhands make for light work. We look for other hobbits of ill repute (who feel aswe do) and Big Folk who enjoy the finer things in life to join us. Weunderstand our reputations are plummeting by the minute. We’ll miss thebirthday party invitations, but sleep better knowing that there could beanother birthday.

If you wish for a more discrete dialog, drop me a post (Limdalen, Laurelinserver) and I will seek you out to see how you wish to help.

(OOC: A Mature, Moderate to heavy RP guild around theprecepts and ideas in the Charter above. This will not be a militaryband/militia kin with boot camps patrols, and such. This is a looserassociation with maybe a cosmetic signifier (ie the bounder hat or somethingTBD) as our only uniform. I would like to actually reach out to other kinshipsin the idea that they are the interactive connection to the static NPCs that weall interact with. We’re on a Roleplay server so I’d like us to become themorale boosters of middle earth. Someone in another kin need’s armor, we makeit. Someone needs Dyes, our scholars make them. A fellowship need an extra setof hands for a raid, we step in to fill the gap. I’m also interested inarranging RP events sponsored by the Guild in various places in Middle earththat could use a good cheering up. I’m figuring out a merit system for ourassistance to tie it into a monthly contest for some sort of prize but it willdepend on the amount of people we get. I’d like us to be allied with as manyother Kins as possible. I hope this kin is of interest to others. “The Out ofBounders”!)

Here is our Roster and Officer Corp.

Leader- Limdalen (Hobbit, Burglar)

Second in command- Cideric (Man, Champion)

Ambassador to Shire- Bolica (Hobbit, Burglar)

Ambassador to Men- Cideric

Ambassador to Elves- Teegalan (Elf, Loremaster)

Ambassador to Dwarves- Kelmorv (Dwarf, Defender)

Then to coordinate the 3 missions of our charter:

M. at Arms
    - Archibrand (Hobbit, Defender)

Quarterm.-
    Emelson (Hobbit, Hunter)

Talesinger-
    Omamiriel (Lady Human, Minstral)

M. of Novices
    - Limdalen- I particularly enjoyed a jaunt into Golfimbul’s Hole with Donica before our inauguration. As I gain experience I can assist in training new recruits in developing their skills.

Other Officers

Eralas (Elf, Runecaster)

Fenwic (Hobbit, Hunter. Approved against my better judgment.)

Gosgalad (Elf, Loremaster)

Dagley (Man Minstral)

Kin Emissaries-
    Friends in other Kins who know our mission and can call on us if we are needed.

Bomsco of the Watchers of Middle Earth (Hobbit, Burglar)