We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2497

Thread: Good 1v1 Thread

Beriothiene, good stuff. Sorry about that tree.

Kudos to all who have crossed my path of late. For the most part challenging and fun.

@Muzi (spell) rank 11 warg yesterday.
    Noticed you lacked audacity, and probably getting back into lotro. Decent fights, you managed to surprise me a few times, especially fleas. Our early fights were very fast, woke me up quickly. Look forward to some fights when your at 13 aud? Im still lacking audacity myself, so will be interesting.

@Harmless/Billy
    Not bad dude, you helped me understand another side to a warg fight. Although i have to say, you may need to brush up on 1v1 boundaries. It took me a while to figure out you were using Shadow stance because i was 'out of it' from pve, so I was confused to your desire to start fights so early.

But ill speak on point: It's unfair for a range class to start a fight verses a melee class from 40m away, and it's unfair for melee classes to start toe to toe verses a ranged class. That's why a respectable distance is give. However you abuse this continually by jumping to start the fight while moving forward, landing within 5m range of the opponent. Or sometimes even simply attacking without the player consent.

I personally dont really mind it too much but i found it rude considering i wasnt using; SI to start; water-lore; lacked audacity; wasnt tar kiting; etc etc. After quiet a few fights, i finally got back into shape and our fights leveled out. But i reckon if you were fighting some half cut scrub player wanting to learn about the moors and 1v1s, you'd constantly tear him apart by the way you start.

Just keep some decent distance (20m). I was also dropping my SI on purpose so Muzi or you could chose to start the fight with a pounce, to replicate a surprised attack from horse back.

Something to keep in mind maybe. Anyway, look forward to some fights at maxed audacity.

@Orak

A. Wanted to start fights earlier while I had some morale missing because first 2 or 3 fights were going my way. So I jumped, got no response, went for it anyways.

B. I don't start from stealth if I win the first few fights as you might have seen when I was fighting faery. Never start fights in stealth against LMs/Burgs anyway because of stun dot/both stealth classes.

C. If I start in stealth and pounced you without your stun dot that would give me even more of an advantage as I'm on you right away. Not sure how this constitutes abuse when I'm giving you a a couple extra seconds.

I try to make fights more fair for the challenge, if you want proper 1v1s with all the unspoken rules intact I am probably the wrong person to go to.
    Anyways fights were different and fairly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateMannequins View Post
    @Orak

A. Wanted to start fights earlier while I had some morale missing because first 2 or 3 fights were going my way. So I jumped, got no response, went for it anyways.

B. I don't start from stealth if I win the first few fights as you might have seen when I was fighting faery. Never start fights in stealth against LMs/Burgs anyway because of stun dot/both stealth classes.

C. If I start in stealth and pounced you without your stun dot that would give me even more of an advantage as I'm on you right away. Not sure how this constitutes abuse when I'm giving you a a couple extra seconds.

I try to make fights more fair for the challenge, if you want proper 1v1s with all the unspoken rules intact I am probably the wrong person to go to.
    Anyways fights were different and fairly fun.
    If i wanted to win our fights, id simply press a few extra buttons, so dont think you need to nerf yourself to make our fights fair.

You fought out of stealth, yet your acceptance jump threw you into melee range within a split second of each player accepting. It's very odd way of starting 1v1s, usually seen by people who're unfamiliar of the 1v1 'code'. It's like a reaver jumping charging without warning 10m from target.

I would prefer you to fight from stealth, so the full potential of a warg can be seen. I havent found a warg who's given me the same challenge as Despawn did, so id be interested to see what wargs are capable of.

But sadly, i didnt get to see you fight properly, maybe next time.

Thanks to the various people fighting today both the randoms around the map and the arranged fights at GG.
    [img]http://imageshack.us/a/img41/4553/73i4.jpg[/img]

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    I havent found a warg who's given me the same challenge as Despawn did

id be interested to see what wargs are capable of.
    Fight me anytime.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...olt&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCoolGuy23 View Post

Harmless - Epic fights but curious to see what happens when you don't have all 4 OPs

Bayonet - Is the Zerging to farm comms for LM?

~Bowflex now you know what happens when you stand toe to toe and man to man with a real warrior. No Firetrap on a ~Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by PureWorgNakh View Post
    Harmless - Epic fights but curious to see what happens when you don't have all 4 OPs

Bayonet - Is the Zerging to farm comms for LM?

~Bowflex now you know what happens when you stand toe to toe and man to man with a real warrior. No Firetrap on a ~Troll.
    Bayonet says: *mumble mumble grumble - this dirt tastes like poop*

@Worg, No, im not playing creepside for comms.

Fun group circle last night, my favortie fights were with Red.

Shif and Wazzo, thanks for the ambush fights yesterday, especially Shif for holding back (4 blue OP). Those were surprisingly fun fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    thanks for the ambush fights ..especially Shif for holding back (4 blue OP). Those were surprisingly fun fights.

My play time is very sporadic/inconsistent but I've been able to put some solid time over the last few days. Good times to all those I've fought against either 1v1 or in regular on the map fighting.

Best,
    Beans
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000275ef2/signature.png]Beansabovethefrank[/charsig][/center]
    [center]| [b]Beansabovethefrank[/b] - Minstrel | [b]Juanconnery[/b] - Loremaster | [b]Holyguacamole[/b] - Guardian |[/center]

fun fights bill.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

There was a large 1v1-fest at TRW today to ride out the post-update slowness in the moors.

Thanks Wazzo, Arbitter, Femba, Langelos, Spino, Calithin, Buurfie (moof) and anyone else I missed who was there. The fights were great.

How ironic the originator of this thread is the #1 Zergling on the server

Az

Actually fairly fun for me. Although I wish you didn't run inside the first fight . I took off my Aud armor, ignored heals and went into your keep with NPCs to even things up. Next time let's mash it up outside in full Aud, to the death or at least incapacitation.
    [RIGHT][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000003d2a2/signature.png]Moof[/charsig][/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    There was a large 1v1-fest at TRW today to ride out the post-update slowness in the moors.

Thanks Wazzo, Arbitter, Femba, Langelos, Spino, Calithin, Buurfie (moof) and anyone else I missed who was there. The fights were great.
    Actually was kind of fun. Was trying to fight with 3rd age swap LIs the last two times there absolutely did not work well with lame legs and relics, was actually really hard. First one I had a 1st age on, that went better for me.
    [RIGHT][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000003d2a2/signature.png]Moof[/charsig][/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Moofer View Post
    I wish you didn't run inside the first fight

Nice fights vs my R5 warg, Defusion, that last bubble after the manheal and 3 others bubbles really caught me off guard.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Quote Originally Posted by HinderSpam View Post
    Nice fights vs my R5 warg, Defusion, that last bubble after the manheal and 3 others bubbles really caught me off guard.
    You must have devastated him to the panic-stricken use of auto-win skills Dren. Gratzi!

Quote Originally Posted by HinderSpam View Post

Implying you wouldn't MT/Uruk/firetrap against literally anyone and try to justify it later
    this is a very long time to be full of it, I'd get that checked out
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    Implying you wouldn't MT/Uruk/firetrap against literally anyONE and try to justify it later
    I woudn't, but I do use it a lot in fights involving more than 1 freep.
    As for solo freeps, I only use Moving Target vs burgs and some captains and even then not that often.
    Rarely do I burn it vs hunters.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Always Pr0 fights Drenarino

Sadly you only have 3 moves : FireTrap, Moving Target, and Uruk Heal

Your Master Oghey has trained you well

thanks for the fights earlier dav, really close too.

Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 81 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast