We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2497

Thread: Good 1v1 Thread

Lots of good 1v1s the past few weeks on my freep and creep! Thanks to everyone.

Special shoutouts to Bigslick, for shamelessly being only RK to own me while stark raving naked.

Gandoras for many a corpse jump worthy throwdown.

Stickeez for awesome fights, I like it when pet classes use their pets to communicate! I'd really like to have cosmetic pets for this reason.

Senor Davastated for davastating.

Oghee, Boca, Chachii, Badman, Fuzzie, thanks everybody, I like seeing the 1v1 circles pop here and there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

don't play as much anymore glad a 1v1 circle was up

a lot of good 1v1s

bigslick, gando, kenchii, bill, wulf, glass, brus, prot, ect.

look forward to more
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000028a789/signature.png]Whiskeyinmytummy[/charsig]

Cool

Ty to all the creeps for 1 vs 1. I'm learning the arts of spear and getting my gear so please bare with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodaran View Post
    Ty to all the creeps for 1 vs 1. I'm learning the arts of spear and getting my gear so please bare with me.
    Glad to see you doing this.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Hodaran View Post
    No I will not bare with you. Ew!
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

AZ good fights latest count is 9 kills 2 doubles and 1 runaway. I must say I am surprised that you actually fought so many times. It doesn't not fit your personality. Are you trying for a burg slayer deed? Other then that I am mind boggled. Please enlighten.
    "You sleep well at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000100f32/signature.png]Succubuss[/charsig]

Pretty sure this is the 'GOOD 1v1' thread. Not the 'talk smack about your opponents' thread. On that note.... Thank you for the 1v1's tonight. Especially Awsomisme. I think I had 1 win in our 10+ fights. But I will keep comin' back for more....
    [img]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj534/ladiesandgentlemen69/Sugarbits_zpsf333e556.jpg[/img]

Nice random double kb fight Corazonoscuro.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Hey Stickeez, thanks for the 1v1's.

At first I felt guilty for popping that one self heal, but I have to give you props. I've never actually fought a weaver like you before. Hopefully this week we meet up a few more times before I get back to my study so I can try and adjust!

And Ceza/Ukrush/Equifinis/whateverthehellyournameis, good seeing you again mate. Good fights as always.
    Props for giving it a go antkiller, in future I'll adjust some (I.E. Nude up) to help you out if you'd still be willing to give me a go.

Decided to cam my noob attempts regardless, I'm sure it'll be up on the tube at some point to be criticized and laughed at by all.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Untg99 View Post
    Hey Stickeez, thanks for the 1v1's.

At first I felt guilty for popping that one self heal, but I have to give you props. I've never actually fought a weaver like you before. Hopefully this week we meet up a few more times before I get back to my study so I can try and adjust!

And Ceza/Ukrush/Equifinis/whateverthehellyournameis, good seeing you again mate. Good fights as always.
    Props for giving it a go antkiller, in future I'll adjust some (I.E. Nude up) to help you out if you'd still be willing to give me a go.

Decided to cam my noob attempts regardless, I'm sure it'll be up on the tube at some point to be criticized and laughed at by all.

Cheers
    It was a lot of fun Constrictions, I have to say that fighting desolates taught me a LOT about wardens (I have one, but have barely touched RoI content). Spiders are uniquely blessed with the ability to force the fight into the range of our choosing, and our CC is simply brutal post RoR.

Stickeez

Listen here you 8-legged freak, quit bringing your friends when you and I are engaged (when you initiate the fight)... It takes me an hour, but I widdle you down--I want you releasing to the nearest Rez-circle
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000011332c/01008/signature.png]Cosmopolitan[/charsig]

6yrs DAOC, and many months of WOW,AOC,WH

Good fight Slyzer if it seems like I didn't do much to ya iam trying out a new rotation on high ranked reavers and well you proved it failed lol. thanks m8
    "You sleep well at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000100f32/signature.png]Succubuss[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
    Listen here you 8-legged freak, quit bringing your friends when you and I are engaged (when you initiate the fight)... It takes me an hour, but I widdle you down--I want you releasing to the nearest Rez-circle
    Unfortunately, given the state of the game, the moment you go all the way up healing attunement and attempt to writ of fire me to death while spamming heals is precisely the moment where what I had hoped would be a 1v1 fight ceases to be one.

:/

Thanks for the fights tonight,folks.

Proton: You easily have the highest morale/dps combination I've ever seen in this game. Eres una bestia!

Also, trolls suck.

Quote Originally Posted by AGhost View Post

Proton: You easily have the highest morale/dps combination I've ever seen in this game. Eres una bestia!

Also, trolls suck.
    Pay attention to his maximum morale during the fight, and this will all make sense to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Unfortunately, given the state of the game, the moment you go all the way up healing attunement and attempt to writ of fire me to death while spamming heals is precisely the moment where what I had hoped would be a 1v1 fight ceases to be one.

:/
    I don't really know much about 1v1 etiquette but it sounds rather like you called for friends because your disapproval of his playstyle in that fight somehow resulted in the arbitrary decision that the fight no longer fitted the description of being 'one person against one person'. That seems a bit strange to me, but maybe I'm missing something here.
    Smuggs the lackadaisa-chiukupfongcheung-burg! / Poup the rabid flea-nest ~^-^~

Quote Originally Posted by AGhost View Post

Also, trolls suck.
    Proton graduated from the Kidefence Academy of Gear Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Gannet View Post
    I don't really know much about 1v1 etiquette but it sounds rather like you called for friends because your disapproval of his playstyle in that fight somehow resulted in the arbitrary decision that the fight no longer fitted the description of being 'one person against one person'. That seems a bit strange to me, but maybe I'm missing something here.
    Any combat situation that threatens to kill Stickeez will result in Burrow + Callout

please tell me you are trolling/joking

cosmo heals himself 100k+ during one of his "1v1s" and attempts to use 1 attack every minute or so..cds are one thing...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000028a789/signature.png]Whiskeyinmytummy[/charsig]

I don't really know much about 1v1 etiquette
    You certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearsandall View Post
    please tell me you are trolling/joking

cosmo heals himself 100k+ during one of his "1v1s" and attempts to use 1 attack every minute or so..cds are one thing...
    I actually wasn't trolling or joking, but I also didn't know anything about how he fights other than what Stickeez said about being in full healing attunement. Thanks for the clarification!
    Smuggs the lackadaisa-chiukupfongcheung-burg! / Poup the rabid flea-nest ~^-^~

QUOTE]please tell me you are trolling/joking

cosmo heals himself 100k+ during one of his "1v1s" and attempts to use 1 attack every minute or so..cds are one thing... [/QUOTE]

Let's clear that air here by first stating that I use writ of fire & writ of cold every 5 seconds as these are the only skills avaliable to me being healing attuned; a healing spec I have not altered from since Book 7 (only specing dps to when lvl caps are raised). I could name on 1-hand, since MoM was released, the amount of pvp healing RKs in the moors, besides myself that stuck with that 'less than optimal build;' in an attempt to promote Freep pug success against the horde of organized Creep communication.

The politics of 1v1s here is amazing to me, both on the forums and in /ooc moors chat. The amount of stipulations I hear when people discuss their fights with one another, "you used xxx skill/CD" and "xxx class/faction/build is OP this book" or "he/she used pots/scrolls/gear swap" makes me giggle every time. Does pvp need to come with a manual--and if so, who designed the rules--because they seem to vary with every situation.

You can agree with me or not, but I have never been an advocate of 1v1 as:

-- The lack of a dedicated and secluded area promotes an uncertainty for unsuspecting members whom stumble upon a fight, and get castrated for attempting to help.

-- Promote CD hugging with its pseudo-scripted nature

-- Gives the impression that ppl whom don't 1v1 are not a skillfull player; when the reality is, it takes more skill to be aware of a ever changing environment, not knowing which enemy may join to assist--deciding if you should use 'clutch cool-downs' now or hold off for later. Having to 'think of the fly' trains you to be a better opponent.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000011332c/01008/signature.png]Cosmopolitan[/charsig]

6yrs DAOC, and many months of WOW,AOC,WH

Illy, you are too kind. Great fights with you always.
    [center][b]Pinion[/b] (R5), [b]Peridoc[/b]
    [color=grey][b]Buir[/b] (R11), [b]Buirface[/b] (R9), [b]Buirgasm[/b] (R8), [b]Buirleader[/b] (R6)[/color]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000000550e/signature.png]Buir[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
    Let's clear that air here by first stating that I use writ of fire & writ of cold every 5 seconds as these are the only skills avaliable to me being healing attuned; a healing spec I have not altered from since Book 7 (only specing dps to when lvl caps are raised). I could name on 1-hand, since MoM was released, the amount of pvp healing RKs in the moors, besides myself that stuck with that 'less than optimal build;' in an attempt to promote Freep pug success against the horde of organized Creep communication.

The politics of 1v1s here is amazing to me, both on the forums and in /ooc moors chat. The amount of stipulations I hear when people discuss their fights with one another, "you used xxx skill/CD" and "xxx class/faction/build is OP this book" or "he/she used pots/scrolls/gear swap" makes me giggle every time. Does pvp need to come with a manual--and if so, who designed the rules--because they seem to vary with every situation.

You can agree with me or not, but I have never been an advocate of 1v1 as:

-- The lack of a dedicated and secluded area promotes an uncertainty for unsuspecting members whom stumble upon a fight, and get castrated for attempting to help.

-- Promote CD hugging with its pseudo-scripted nature

-- Gives the impression that ppl whom don't 1v1 are not a skillfull player; when the reality is, it takes more skill to be aware of a ever changing environment, not knowing which enemy may join to assist--deciding if you should use 'clutch cool-downs' now or hold off for later. Having to 'think of the fly' trains you to be a better opponent.[/INDENT]
    The game is not balanced around 1v1 play, so the various customs of 1v1ing have evolved over time in order to make up for this. Yes, these customs can be confusing and can even contradict themselves book to book. And yes, they are at best being enforced only by an honor system (and often times pixels cause feelings to get hurt)... but it's all we have in terms of a solution to wanting a type of fight that isn't supported by the developers of the game.

The point of having 1v1s is for a fun challenge; and this game being what it is we quite often have to purposely make it a challenge.

This is why I run around in my solo setup without the rank 14 burrow trait, or why Illy spurns the use of sprint and bubbles (and against some classes bracing attack). You describe 1v1s as pre-scripted affairs, they are anything but! There's a lot more improvisation than you may realize going on and it's a lot of fun even when you lose.

I was not trying to offend you. This is your choice, and you have every right to play as you do. Healing the off-hours pugs is a very helpful thing for the freeps, and I am sure people appreciate it... but when you're alone you aren't going to get 1v1s with that setup and play style.

The game is not balanced around 1v1 play, so the various customs of 1v1ing have evolved over time in order to make up for this. Yes, these customs can be confusing and can even contradict themselves book to book. And yes, they are at best being enforced only by an honor system (and often times pixels cause feelings to get hurt)
    So, your 'customs' involve popping full burrow heals and 100% reflects also in fair 1v1s? (Fair = Your opposition not popping any sort of cool-downs themselves or handicapping you in any other way).

Or is it because your CC spam/fear kiting with dots, along with catch prey, against melee classes, is not enough?

P.S: Before you deny this, keep in mind I have you screenshotted, at good grims, in a 1v1 scenario, where I have all cool-downs available, i.e; I have not popped any, and you are in a heal-burrow. Which if I remember right, after you popped out of your burrow, you called in a zerg, at a good 1v1 area, and for a 1v1 you could not win.

P.P.S: Practice what you preach.

I don't really know much about 1v1 etiquette
    You certainly don't.
    .....Are you for real? The whole notion of 1v1s seem to confuse you. Yet here you are, preaching what is right or wrong. Every 1v1 circle I've been in, someone's had a problem going on with you, or vice-versa. If you can't win a fight or 1v1 against a certain freep, don't pick the fight, and don't fight the freep. Because then, you wouldn't have to make excuses or pop cool-downs/call in a zerg to win.
    Last edited by Araphorn; May 01 2013 at 02:29 AM.

Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast