We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2497

Thread: Good 1v1 Thread

  1. #2376
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    1) If the points didn't matter, why not run in and throw fire/wind lore on every target?
    2) If people are using it as a safe zone to tag nearby targets, go in and kill them. You have a group, it shouldn't be too difficult to kill a person or two abusing the system and leave.
    3) Don't avoid a group fight if its going to take place there. If people choose to join in on a group fight that was at the 1v1s, see point #2.
    4) Lots of things are confusing to new players in the moors. Lots of things are confusing to r12 players in the moors too, figuring out why a bunch of people are standing around not fighting each other is a good lesson in observing and understanding your surroundings. Whether you're raided up or solo, this is a valuable thing to learn.
    5) Unless you've just formed a group and zerg the 1v1s as the first order of business, people who choose not to group up against you do so because for one reason or another they don't consider fighting you worthwhile. Perhaps you should make these people want to group up to fight you on the merit that they think its worthwhile to group up and fight you, rather than because you want to force yourself on people for your own enjoyment.
    Problem is, the location of the circle where it is now is infringing on my enjoyment of the Moors. There just shouldn't be a safe zone in the middle of the Moors. As far as "forcing yourself on others for your own enjoyment", that's kind of what the Moors is all about, isn't it? At least in my experience.
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5674327DrpBG.png[/IMG][/URL]

  2. #2377
    Quote Originally Posted by CalloWindBringer View Post
    Problem is, the location of the circle where it is now is infringing on my enjoyment of the Moors. There just shouldn't be a safe zone in the middle of the Moors. As far as "forcing yourself on others for your own enjoyment", that's kind of what the Moors is all about, isn't it? At least in my experience.
    But why is it? You can conduct group fights there if you wish (which is what you want), no one is stopping you. if the 1v1ers are truly there to 1v1, they'll move 50 feet over and 1v1 more, if they're there for easy points, they'll tag you, and you'll be completely justified in mopping them up.
    perhaps rephrase that to forcing your playstyle on others for your own enjoyment works better.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  3. #2378
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    But why is it? You can conduct group fights there if you wish (which is what you want), no one is stopping you. if the 1v1ers are truly there to 1v1, they'll move 50 feet over and 1v1 more, if they're there for easy points, they'll tag you, and you'll be completely justified in mopping them up.
    perhaps rephrase that to forcing your playstyle on others for your own enjoyment works better.
    But I feel this is exactly what the 1v1ers are doing, forcing their playstyle on others by hogging up tr lawn for their circle. Look, you may be one of those who truly adheres to a code of conduct regarding the circle, you probably are; but there are many who do not. There are many who only follow the etiquette when it suits them, seems to me. This is only a problem for others because of the location. The circle being used as a staging area is also a problem solely because of the location. If the circle was located in a non- high traffic area, these issues would largely go away.

    And I'm not about to try to figure out who's taking advantage of the circle location and who's not. That's too much work, and not my problem. Nor do I feel I should be obligated to just always respond to someone else's actions, and always let them be the aggressor. I just really feel the 1v1ers are the ones being selfish by refusing to move to another location that is less controversial.

    If the circle were at a better location, I personally wouldn't go near it or touch it, for what it's worth. I may be a jerk, but I'm not that big of a jerk.
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5674327DrpBG.png[/IMG][/URL]

  4. #2379
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    But why is it? You can conduct group fights there if you wish (which is what you want), no one is stopping you. if the 1v1ers are truly there to 1v1, they'll move 50 feet over and 1v1 more, if they're there for easy points, they'll tag you, and you'll be completely justified in mopping them up.
    perhaps rephrase that to forcing your playstyle on others for your own enjoyment works better.
    As Desolates and many others have said, no one stops you from fighting there, or having your fight drag there. There is no invisible wall that keeps non 1v1'ing pvpers out. It is a free zone and the only thing that stops you from fight there is your own free will. If the 1v1's follow someone to TR, perhaps a KoS target (we know who these are) then they are engaging action outside of 1v1's and they are a pvper who is free to kill, nothing is stopping you.

    Perfect example, myself as well as several (many) 1v1'ers followed a certain Champ all the way to TR just to kill him. He's a ganker and known as a KoS target, before we could go back to the circle several pvp'ers engaged us and killed me easily. No one complained, no one called out "zerg" it was fair play. The only one stopping you from engaging those that run from the circle to TR, or where ever they may go is yourself. If they run from TR to the circle while engaged in a fight, it's not a safe spot.. they can be killed and no one cares. If someone else fights you back.. then you got what you want. If you do this and get zerged down hard by 5 creeps.. so what, you said yourself you don't care about the points.


    Truthfully the 1v1 circle is only a problem because people like to make it a problem. When the moors are dead it's sometimes easier to go there than to run around the moors for 3 hrs and only see 1 freep that you know will blow all cd's and spam heal to win anyway. When the action is high the people that want to 1v1 will do so regardless. When the action is stagnant, it's not in the way of anyone. The only thing that prevents some people from joining when the action is dead, is the fear that they might loose to a creep when they can't stack 3 water lores the second the fight starts.

    My only complaint is the nubs who come fresh from GV/Grams only being R0-R4 and refusing to 1v1 anyone. If you come to the circle, fight, so what if you lose, take it on the chin and learn from it. Don't rely on spam heals, or bubbles to win, you'll never learn how to play your class without a crutch. Almost every fight is winnable with good skill, movement and knowledge, put those three together and just have fun!
    ~Anaxander R9 Warden, Baranthor R5 Hunter, Skartan R2 Guardian~ Elendilmir
    ~Karukh R10 Warg, Prisonshank R6 Reaver~ Elendilmir
    **Mac User**

  5. #2380
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronIU View Post
    As Desolates and many others have said, no one stops you from fighting there, or having your fight drag there. There is no invisible wall that keeps non 1v1'ing pvpers out. It is a free zone and the only thing that stops you from fight there is your own free will. If the 1v1's follow someone to TR, perhaps a KoS target (we know who these are) then they are engaging action outside of 1v1's and they are a pvper who is free to kill, nothing is stopping you.

    Perfect example, myself as well as several (many) 1v1'ers followed a certain Champ all the way to TR just to kill him. He's a ganker and known as a KoS target, before we could go back to the circle several pvp'ers engaged us and killed me easily. No one complained, no one called out "zerg" it was fair play. The only one stopping you from engaging those that run from the circle to TR, or where ever they may go is yourself. If they run from TR to the circle while engaged in a fight, it's not a safe spot.. they can be killed and no one cares. If someone else fights you back.. then you got what you want. If you do this and get zerged down hard by 5 creeps.. so what, you said yourself you don't care about the points.


    Truthfully the 1v1 circle is only a problem because people like to make it a problem. When the moors are dead it's sometimes easier to go there than to run around the moors for 3 hrs and only see 1 freep that you know will blow all cd's and spam heal to win anyway. When the action is high the people that want to 1v1 will do so regardless. When the action is stagnant, it's not in the way of anyone. The only thing that prevents some people from joining when the action is dead, is the fear that they might loose to a creep when they can't stack 3 water lores the second the fight starts.

    My only complaint is the nubs who come fresh from GV/Grams only being R0-R4 and refusing to 1v1 anyone. If you come to the circle, fight, so what if you lose, take it on the chin and learn from it. Don't rely on spam heals, or bubbles to win, you'll never learn how to play your class without a crutch. Almost every fight is winnable with good skill, movement and knowledge, put those three together and just have fun!
    I've 1v1ed before, followed the etiquette, and lost plenty of fights. I have no issue with 1v1ing itself. My issue is with the location, and I believe the issues surrounding it aren't as simple as you believe they are, but there you go. It's silly for me to try to argue my viewpoint in the Good 1v1 thread anyway lol, the most unsympathetic audience to my positions possible, but I took a little issue with something Desolates posted and here I am. Regardless, after the stance I have decided to take, it would be totally hypocritical of me to try and 1v1 or join the circle at gtr, so I won't. And I have plenty of fun doing my own thing in the Moors, or else I wouldn't bother coming out.
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5674327DrpBG.png[/IMG][/URL]

  6. #2381
    I have to agree with Callo on a few points, it can get a bit confusing at times. When I left, earlier in the year or last year, the 1v1's moved from CM to Good Grim, when I came back they were at GTR.

    Why did they move from GG? It seems like the most logical place on the map, it's not too far from GV and the creeps have the GG map in.
    [IMG]http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp%3B85%3Enu%3D3256%3E%3B3%3A%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D36385%3A%3B963325nu0mrj[/IMG]
    CHUMBO - Rank 12 - Malevolent Warg of Brandywine!

  7. #2382
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaro View Post
    I have to agree with Callo on a few points, it can get a bit confusing at times. When I left, earlier in the year or last year, the 1v1's moved from CM to Good Grim, when I came back they were at GTR.

    Why did they move from GG? It seems like the most logical place on the map, it's not too far from GV and the creeps have the GG map in.
    GG had never really 'caught on'. A couple months ago a few impromptu 1v1s there when others simply respected a fight they happened upon at gtr started them there, and since it was a couple really slow days for grouping, things caught a bit of traction. Then Ansi/Bryter/Brawlers attempted to roll them a few times and declared gtr off limits to 1v1s. Given his unpopularity, particularly with those who frequent 1v1s, that was the final incentive to make them stay there.

    I consider 1v1s at GTR, while not an ideal location, part of Bryter's legacy on E.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  8. #2383
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,330
    Quote Originally Posted by CalloWindBringer View Post
    I have no issue with 1v1ing itself. My issue is with the location,
    i entirely doubt that, since you claim issue with it at all. there's no need to justify your decisions to people who won't agree with your points regardless, myself among them.

    feel free to try and move them.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


  9. #2384
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    956
    It does the heart good to know GTR is being used for 1v1. Comfy grass there, as I recall.

    Also a big fat LOL at 1v1 forcing grouped players to play the way the solos want. Miss you all!
    Cmalberg - Elendilmir
    -Stickygritz, Gritzwarr, and all those Gritz. Greblam

    Rock is OP, nerf rock. Paper is balanced.

    I mean everything I ever say, ever.

  10. #2385
    Quote Originally Posted by cmal View Post
    It does the heart good to know GTR is being used for 1v1. Comfy grass there, as I recall.

    Also a big fat LOL at 1v1 forcing grouped players to play the way the solos want. Miss you all!

    Where are you?!? Haven't seen you on your Warden since I've been back.
    [IMG]http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp%3B85%3Enu%3D3256%3E%3B3%3A%3E254%3EWSNRCG%3D36385%3A%3B963325nu0mrj[/IMG]
    CHUMBO - Rank 12 - Malevolent Warg of Brandywine!

  11. #2386
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    956
    Haven't done any PvMP for year and a half now, goofed around on my warden this spring and just started leveling this week. Farming some tp, debating buying a creep or the new freep region (or just saving for an HD sale) and enjoying the sweet forums pvp. Refined my boring story telling skills. Like ya do.
    Cmalberg - Elendilmir
    -Stickygritz, Gritzwarr, and all those Gritz. Greblam

    Rock is OP, nerf rock. Paper is balanced.

    I mean everything I ever say, ever.

  12. #2387
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    88
    Thx for fights

    -Dreamweaver: always tough close fights
    -Demonio: impresive usage of disarm, you have learnt my rotation and know exactly when to use it
    -Manbasher-1: never afraid of challenge, many nice 1v1s
    -Thrilkiller-1: big dps and good movement ,i always have to be aware when fighting you
    Terminaattori of Elendilmir

  13. #2388
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3
    Chumbo. Malevolent warg of Elendilmir. Apprentice of Infesting.

  14. #2389
    Good fights all


    -Jetsu
    FEAR IS NOT REAL Jetsu RANK 12 SnH *
    .

  15. #2390
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    956
    Sorry Nateonias and Darckloud, I don't stand much of a chance with my half audacity and rusty warg but it is bad form to sit at the 1v1s and not fight. I don't mind dieing, obviously, but I don't pose a challenge.
    Cmalberg - Elendilmir
    -Stickygritz, Gritzwarr, and all those Gritz. Greblam

    Rock is OP, nerf rock. Paper is balanced.

    I mean everything I ever say, ever.

  16. #2391
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaLove View Post
    You are hereby excommunicated from the alliance, my friend.
    Didn't realize I was in one, was I supposed to get a card or something? And does this mean I can't sit with the cool kids anymore? Awww, so sad.

    Oh and you are? I don't think we have met.
    Cmalberg - Elendilmir
    -Stickygritz, Gritzwarr, and all those Gritz. Greblam

    Rock is OP, nerf rock. Paper is balanced.

    I mean everything I ever say, ever.

  17. #2392
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cmal View Post
    trash
    If you are unable to defeat trashcloud| former brawler|, time to delete and go back to Hello Kitty Island online, my friend.

  18. #2393
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaLove View Post
    If you are unable to defeat trashcloud| former brawler|, time to delete and go back to Hello Kitty Island online, my friend.
    Surely you will tell me who you are.
    Cmalberg - Elendilmir
    -Stickygritz, Gritzwarr, and all those Gritz. Greblam

    Rock is OP, nerf rock. Paper is balanced.

    I mean everything I ever say, ever.

  19. #2394
    Lots of good fights today. Thanks creeps!
    "Heroes get remembered but Legends never die."

    SnH Landroval

  20. #2395
    I guess this server's pvp community is weird, or abnormal.

  21. #2396
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Klamath Falls, Or
    Posts
    1,732
    Quote Originally Posted by chaironoke View Post
    I guess this server's pvp community is weird, or abnormal.
    Yep

    A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about- The Master

  22. #2397
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,456
    Gando and other members had such a love hate crush on Boomy, they started freaking out when they saw her hanging out with me. Oh my, you little boys are so dramatic. I would have loved to been able to catch up with Hellz IRL when I visited Brizzy, I wonder what you'd do to her if we posted a photo on lotro forums together? Maybe you'll pull your hair out and stick down your pants to look mature? Hm, probably.

    Darckloud wants to learn, gets ganked alot in 1v1s, probably deserved, which goes for Gando and Gala for random acts of for the sake of lolz. What will be sad is when Darckloud eventually learns to play with a mouse...earth to stainless, he just learnt to use a mouse last week, yeah hes bad for a reason!

    @The new creeps ive fought 1v1.
    Nice to chat with some of you for the first time, and learning your habits in 1v1s. Most of you follow the 1v1 code, which is good to see. Honestly (a r12 reaver) and Burzumaz are looking really good, on par or better then the best reavers on E atm. Its good to see the player base growing, E of late seems have to have select few players who're decent at their class who grow big heads bc not many can contend with them.

    I hope, that 1v1s are fought not for points, but for testing each others limits and becoming better players. Sadly, ive read first hand people wanting 1v1s for the easy points, and honestly (not referring to the reaver) many seem to blantly farm each other in the same fight, over, and over, and over, and over. That's a farm. I personally hope players fight for a reason and restrain from 1v1s after a period of time to roam.

    P.S AHAHA! No Gando, shhhh, down boy. Good try though, better luck next time. Yes you freaked out, its ok man, we all have emotions, and hormone can do some crazy things. After a few years it wears off...usually.

  23. #2398
    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    I would have loved to been able to catch up with Hellz IRL when I visited Brizzy
    I doubt very much Hellz would allow you near her, alone. Though perhaps you were less insane back then, who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    What will be sad is when Darckloud eventually learns to play with a mouse
    I can't wait. Though, i doubt it'll ever happen. He's long gone into the pit of garbage.


    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    earth to stainless, he just learnt to use a mouse last week
    Then... why is he still awful?




    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    Sadly, ive read first hand people wanting 1v1s for the easy points, That's a farm.

    You've read about it first hand? Nice buddy.

    In terms of easy points and farming, however, i suggest if you're morally against one farming another, you should never 1v1 on your Lore Master. Ever.

    In truth, i am very proud of you for posting on the 1v1 thread, regardless to your ability. I suggest if you wish to improve, such as Darkcloud wants to, you should seek lessons from those out preforming you. Vangelis, Talon, Cirq, that random rank 7 lore master. Pretty much anyone, actually, just look for advice where you can my friend.

    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    P.S AHAHA! No Gando, shhhh, down boy. Good try though, better luck next time. Yes you freaked out, its ok man, we all have emotions, and hormone can do some crazy things. After a few years it wears off...usually.
    I am concerned about your mental well being, good sir. Though if you insist to rant, i won't stop you. It's entertaining to say the least.
    Gandolfien - Acta Non Verba

    Achmetha/Yewl - Stainless

  24. #2399
    Thx for all the 1vs1 this weekend!
    Ebe - Best CC Capt out there - Softello - Worst Champ ever to play Lotro - Dobags - Failwarg

  25. #2400
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,330
    Quote Originally Posted by lionoil View Post
    because you cannot simply win by pure dps.
    .
    you can't, you mean. It's admirable to play it backwards I guess, for whatever reason you deem fit. Whether it's effective is blatantly obvious to everyone watching.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.


 

 
Page 96 of 100 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload