We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2497

Thread: Good 1v1 Thread

terrible fights today, potions and heal-spamming is pretty poor form.. to say nothing of starting point blank with a class half of whose skills are inductions
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    terrible fights today, potions and heal-spamming is pretty poor form.. to say nothing of starting point blank with a class half of whose skills are inductions
    Apparently having the advantage in just about every field is not enough.
    Galareion ~ R13

Demonio ~ R12

I was very surprised at the wide berth you gave my BA before 1v1s, usually melee classes try to crowd up close on me.
    Much respect for that
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

says the champ who can only win if he spams dire need and manheal

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCoolGuy23 View Post
    I reported Isindar for exploiting, elf champs should not be able to manheal, thank you for bringing this up.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

my need is always dire
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

my need is always dire
    Namechange to Isindire, thanks.

Thanks for the fights Kiddyfence, sorry about the DN in the last one, didn't even realise I'd miss-keyed until you stopped fighting.

Wish those idiots didn't feel the need to constantly zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Healer View Post
    Thanks for the fights Kiddyfence, sorry about the DN in the last one, didn't even realise I'd miss-keyed until you stopped fighting.

Wish those idiots didn't feel the need to constantly zerg.
    How embarrassing...

How embarrassing...
    Please oh mighty Tools, teach me to be less embarrassing.

How embarrassing...

Hi Tools!
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000275ef2/signature.png]Beansabovethefrank[/charsig][/center]
    [center]| [b]Beansabovethefrank[/b] - Minstrel | [b]Juanconnery[/b] - Loremaster | [b]Holyguacamole[/b] - Guardian |[/center]

lots of fun 1v1s over the last few days, some are usual suspects, some people i've never met up with before. Thank you all.

I'm playing around quite a bit with gear and skill choices, sometimes it makes me embarrass myself, sometimes it helps for great fights, sometimes i go too far. If you think i'm erring too much on the god-mode side, please call me out and I assure you i'll be happy to do things differently.
    Last edited by spelunker; Aug 03 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    lots of fun 1v1s over the last few days, some are usual suspects, some people i've never met up with before. Thank you all.

I'm playing around quite a bit with gear and skill choices, sometimes it makes me embarrass myself, sometimes it helps for great fights, sometimes i go too far. If you think i'm erring too much on the god-mode side, please call me out and I assure you i'll be happy to do things differently.
    Ignored...

Trhiller or whatever: Traited healing? Nope. That's just Valiant Strike, skill which I neglected to use even when all OPs were red. If I were heal traited my HP would not go down half. The more you know.
    Galareion ~ R13

Demonio ~ R12

You've been doing a pretty good job of self-nerfing, makes it all the worse when you kill me wearing a pirate hat and cardboard box haha.

Been some good activity at ~controversial 1v1 location~ GTR. Thanks to whoever I have been fighting.

Just as a general PSA: freeps it is ok to not use multiple cooldowns in 1v1s. Most 1v1s against creeps are entirely winnable with a good dps rotation and decent movement. If you are using Armor of Storm, Water Lore or whatever else you are just cheating yourself out of satisfaction from a deserved victory.

Also shoutout to Lampiao for his wonderful contributions.

Apologies to Karukh. I'm assuming you stopped fighting after the defiler dropped blight on me but I didn't realize that until I thought about it after the fight. Again I am sorry for continuing.

-Oakenrune

p.s. and sorry for using armor of storm, didn't know that was off limits, although I only have 1 audacity piece so does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by fyafyta07 View Post
    Apologies to Karukh. I'm assuming you stopped fighting after the defiler dropped blight on me but I didn't realize that until I thought about it after the fight. Again I am sorry for continuing.

-Oakenrune

p.s. and sorry for using armor of storm, didn't know that was off limits, although I only have 1 audacity piece so does that count?
    some people have very strict rules about what is and isn't kosher in a 1v1. IMO, especially when under-geared (like no audacity) use whatever you need to be competitive. some people may get their jimies rustled, but at least personally you can drop 1 hour racial cooldowns and i'll come back for more if i think we're both having a fair chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by fyafyta07 View Post

-Oakenrune

No worries mate, it's just a 1v1 and part of learning the etiquette. I didn't notice the blight actually, I was lagging quite bad and also didn't notice AoS until i looked at the combat log. AoS is quite a touchy subject to wargs since the 30% chance of stuns will 100% result in stuns since the overwhelming number of auto-attacks we push out. I would refrain from using it against wargs in a 1v1 for that reason even without audacity. Some people might gripe about Epic Conclusions if you were fully geared, but as desolates said, things are different when you are 1v1'ing an low audacity freep. I will usually strip audacity on my Warden for low ranked creeps, it's a matter of just getting used to what skills/gear choice gives you a better/even fight.

Sorry for the horrendous showings today, my client is a barely playable slideshow. Facerollings will commence again soon, hopefully.

Sorry for the horrendous showings today, my client is a barely playable slideshow. Facerollings will commence again soon, hopefully.
    had that issue for awhile, if you're using either PMB or HC I suggest deleting and reinstalling an older version or re-downloading via steam. If it's older the patch download will be quite hefty but it was completely worth it for me, cleared most of my lag issues.

Well, been a while since on the forums, poked my head in a few weeks ago. NOT a fan to be honest, liked the other forum better, but I digress.

Enjoy the 1v1's, but why oh why do some wander away from the "unofficial GTR, VRock 1v1 circle" get hit then run back as if to prevent from dying? Guess some things don't change.

Anyway, enjoy the 1v1's, but enjoying the groups and small raids, that have picked up in the past week or so, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by barbaro View Post
    Enjoy the 1v1's, but why oh why do some wander away from the "unofficial GTR, VRock 1v1 circle" get hit then run back as if to prevent from dying? Guess some things don't change.
    probably for the same reason some join raids that wander into that same area to kill those in it.

probably for the same reason some join raids that wander into that same area to kill those in it.
    Your logic escapes me.

I can't speak for others, but I know there are a lot of others who feel the same way as I do, and I will tell you why I personally take a group to disrupt a gtr circle when I can, and my motivation isn't cheap points. I really, really hate the location.

1. People try to use it as a safe zone, as mentioned.
    2. People use it as a staging area to survey likely targets traveling by the circle, and against opponent groups trying to take TR.
    3. It takes away a great spot to have group fights.
    4. The high-traffic area location confuses newer players to the Moors.
    5. The most fun reason- it pisses off the 1v1ing creeps so that they group up to come squash my group...leading to group fights on gtr lawn, which I like If I manage to wipe a circle, I will stay there and give the opportunity for some getback because that's what I want- group fighting.
    6. I enjoy tweaking certain Egos that reside at the circle. I suppose that makes me as much of a jerk as the Egos, but... /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by CalloWindBringer View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I know there are a lot of others who feel the same way as I do, and I will tell you why I personally take a group to disrupt a gtr circle when I can, and my motivation isn't cheap points. I really, really hate the location.

1. People try to use it as a safe zone, as mentioned.
    2. People use it as a staging area to survey likely targets traveling by the circle, and against opponent groups trying to take TR.
    3. It takes away a great spot to have group fights.
    4. The high-traffic area location confuses newer players to the Moors.
    5. The most fun reason- it pisses off the 1v1ing creeps so that they group up to come squash my group...leading to group fights on gtr lawn, which I like If I manage to wipe a circle, I will stay there and give the opportunity for some getback because that's what I want- group fighting.
    6. I enjoy tweaking certain Egos that reside at the circle. I suppose that makes me as much of a jerk as the Egos, but... /shrug
    1) If the points didn't matter, why not run in and throw fire/wind lore on every target?
    2) If people are using it as a safe zone to tag nearby targets, go in and kill them. You have a group, it shouldn't be too difficult to kill a person or two abusing the system and leave.
    3) Don't avoid a group fight if its going to take place there. If people choose to join in on a group fight that was at the 1v1s, see point #2.
    4) Lots of things are confusing to new players in the moors. Lots of things are confusing to r12 players in the moors too, figuring out why a bunch of people are standing around not fighting each other is a good lesson in observing and understanding your surroundings. Whether you're raided up or solo, this is a valuable thing to learn.
    5) Unless you've just formed a group and zerg the 1v1s as the first order of business, people who choose not to group up against you do so because for one reason or another they don't consider fighting you worthwhile. Perhaps you should make these people want to group up to fight you on the merit that they think its worthwhile to group up and fight you, rather than because you want to force yourself on people for your own enjoyment.

Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45 85 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast