We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where Is everyone at?

The moors Has been dead silent for quite awhile and the only ones I see is muz the spider and a R6 spider and that's about it. I was taking a guess most are waiting on U14 and or testing U14 but not sure. does anyone know?

Brandywhine.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Creeps usually check in every night, but there's just no freeps to fight. Not that I blame people for not playing. It's pretty impossible for freepside to grind what's needed to get the perfect custom roles necessary to just compete in a group fight now -- and even then it's beyond a challenge to beat an organized creep group. It's supposed to be a game for fun and recreation, not a frustrating downer. We lost a lot of good creeps that no longer play because of the old days when the fun of a tough challenge crossed the line to banging your head against a wall, so it's no wonder freeps don't want to come out under the same reversed circumstances.

As to if people are waiting or testing U14, I doubt it. It doesn't sound like U14 will do anything to change the moors situation unless the added 5 levels in and of itself give freeps added firepower. Maybe when changing our level to 100 they won't scale creep stats up so the balance swings back to freeps being OP and people will play again. Otherwise, so far there's no real tangible direct changes to the moors -- sadly just yet another creepside healing debuff being added to BAs, and spider reflect nerf. Would have been interesting if the essence system would slot with the audacity armor, but they stated no, that will wait for U15 at the earliest.

Sad times for a once-proud server.

I transferred my warg to brandy a few days ago and although there are more ppl online, I can't say I've been playing any more than I did while on E. My interest in the game has always waxed and waned, but this has been the longest "wane" that is bordering on entirely losing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Creeps usually check in every night, but there's just no freeps to fight. Not that I blame people for not playing. It's pretty impossible for freepside to grind what's needed to get the perfect custom roles necessary to just compete in a group fight now -- and even then it's beyond a challenge to beat an organized creep group. It's supposed to be a game for fun and recreation, not a frustrating downer. We lost a lot of good creeps that no longer play because of the old days when the fun of a tough challenge crossed the line to banging your head against a wall, so it's no wonder freeps don't want to come out under the same reversed circumstances.

As to if people are waiting or testing U14, I doubt it. It doesn't sound like U14 will do anything to change the moors situation unless the added 5 levels in and of itself give freeps added firepower. Maybe when changing our level to 100 they won't scale creep stats up so the balance swings back to freeps being OP and people will play again. Otherwise, so far there's no real tangible direct changes to the moors -- sadly just yet another creepside healing debuff being added to BAs, and spider reflect nerf. Would have been interesting if the essence system would slot with the audacity armor, but they stated no, that will wait for U15 at the earliest.

Sad times for a once-proud server.
    Ive found the inconsistency frustrating. Before I took my PVE vacation to grind extensive virtues LIs and relics, Creeps logged three nights in a row when I gathered 6 decent players together. At that stage, we couldnt find any Creeps to fight at all, even though Creeps had a number advantage.

Aussie time, I can run with 9-11 solid players, but no Creeps. US time, I could always get 6-12 decent players, but Creeps log. Sad times indeed. Although you Sniz, are one player and leader, im not blaming you, since these always enough Creeps and other leaders who could have lead. Instead, they prefer only to fight when there's a easy Fraid to kill, or Craids form up for 4 freeps, challenging indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nidagnest View Post
    My interest in the game has always waxed and waned, but this has been the longest "wane" that is bordering on entirely losing interest.
    +1. It's a shame, really. Rank 15 is impossible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
    Another forum account? I trust you've learned your lesson from the ban my friend.
    Gandolfien - Acta Non Verba

Achmetha/Yewl - Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
    ...Craids form up for 4 freeps, challenging indeed!
    After watching Freeps do this last book, Creeps have had the opportunity to do something different or to continue the cyclical slide into garbage PVP. Unsurprisingly, the slide continues.

Funny that everyone appears to be transferring to BW... What does it say about PVP on E now that a 24/7 GV camp is the preferred PVP option?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz
    It's pretty impossible for freepside to grind what's needed to get the perfect custom roles necessary to just compete in a group fight now -- and even then it's beyond a challenge to beat an organized creep group.
    These are mostly two separate issues. Regarding the first, the game has become so easy and solo-friendly that, aside from PVP gear, it truly isn't that difficult at all to get the gear you need to customize a build if you're willing to put in the time. In fact, it might be faster in some ways than before because so much is available in the AH. Skill's not necessary to get gear, just time or cash for the AH.

Regarding the second, in this book, usually the disparity in numbers between Creeps and Freeps is a far greater factor in determining the outcome of a fight than the coordination of the Creep group.

I say the issues are mostly and not completely separate because, although Freeps may easily pick up gear from PVE, if they're getting no kills in the Moors they're not getting comms to pick up PVP gear, and it's definitely not a book to go PVP in PVE gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chodelet View Post
    in this book, usually the disparity in numbers between Creeps and Freeps is a far greater factor in determining the outcome of a fight
    Agreed disparity of numbers is and has always been the main factor, I'm talking about what I see in equal numbers fights.

it truly isn't that difficult at all to get the gear you need to customize a build if you're willing to put in the time.
    Even if it's easy, that person that put in the time to customize a role still needs to be logged in and available for the group when needed. Meanwhile, since creeps don't have to customize to fit a trait tree, or worry about virtues, or gear, etc., we can swap out to alts a lot easier to plug missing tactical roles.

Ensnared is ten times the strategist I could ever be -- he practically invented how to use burst damage on creepside and brings innovative strats to every fight. If his groups are struggling against mine in equal fights, I have to believe it's because creep default strengths are so powerful right now it takes a customized counter-strategy to fight equally. When that's not happening, it's clear that a freep role is just not logged in and lacking in the fight (be it extra dps, extra healer, cc, whatever).

As far as my comment about group organization, creepside has really raised the bar in group coordination and execution. Check out TS some time -- battle chat is actually better now than ever -- it's not just somebody calling targets, it's everyone communicating the little crucial things that make a huge difference and has really stepped up group performance.

So yes, it's tough for a freep group coming out on E:

1. You're probably outnumbered and zerged, or

2. When facing an even numbered creep group, its a creep group that's:
    a. likely experienced players
    b. well-organized and communicating
    c. on classes that are stronger than ever (*cough OP defilers*)
    d. that will probably only be beaten with a counter-strategy that relies likely on freep classes/roles that likely aren't logged in

So like I said, I don't blame freeps for not playing if that's too much of a headache to try to overcome. It's supposed to be a game for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    The moors Has been dead silent for quite awhile and the only ones I see is muz the spider and a R6 spider and that's about it. I was taking a guess most are waiting on U14 and or testing U14 but not sure. does anyone know?
    Wildstar

I've seen atleast a dozen e transfers on brandy. Mix of creep and Freep. Loads of people from ark my origional server. While the fb fight happens a lot, I believe the freeps want it, they like hunters lol. Freeps here do well but need a fee more leaders.

I transferred my ba, that's the only one so far. I sit afk in creep ts to see off ppl log in, seems they don't or I miss them when I go out. I'm sad that it is ending but I don't see how the server can recover. We would need quite the revival to get things poppin again on E.

If you have a alt or two I would recommend checking brandy out, I believe they fixed the "all dogs go to heaven" 'you can never go back' bug, so you can just go on back if it picks up.

Ya Sniz, its been tough. We've worked hard and have made impressive results, even tanking 3Rvr 2Ba 2Def with WL, with DPS being lead by Bludgash to burst one target. Tanked many bursts attempts and walked away with the win was nice, but we desperatly want more Creeps to fight and progress even further, ps: our group of 6 only had 1 mini.
    Considering my BA with a Rvr killed Dhrus Cappy with 4 Blue OP inside a Fraid that had 4minis + 1 shield walling guard, 3 cappies...well....yeah.

Its simply hard to practice and get fights when Craids log off three nights in a row. Yet Craids magically form to zerg 4 freeps and fodder-Fraids.
    Also, when Creeps cry and zerg GTR for 1v1s, and now they blatantly zerg GG! Hungry hungry hippos or what?

Quote Originally Posted by vip123 View Post

Another forum account? I trust you've learned your lesson from the ban my friend.
    don't put all your annoying ego up in my thread.

@Sniz so is E officially PVP Dead? because I have waited it out but it seems to be buried 6 feet under from transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    @Sniz so is E officially PVP Dead? because I have waited it out but it seems to be buried 6 feet under from transfers.
    Dead? Over?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Creepside is definitely not dead, but it can only exist if there's freeps to fight. I have no insight to freepside other than my guesses posted here, and from what it looks like generally overall less people playing the game. The raid community was the lifeblood of the game and that's gone. The chance for the moors to be the replacement end game has really been squandered with the bad scaling implementation and the various other issues that make new freeps not want to stick around, and the old not want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by vip123 View Post
    R.I.P. Bannedoras.

1 attack on macro: Bad
    2 attacks on macro: Trash
    6 attacks on macro: Stainless/ANV
    7+ attacks on macro: Bannedoras

Quote Originally Posted by God_Of_Wargs View Post
    1 attack on macro: Bad
    2 attacks on macro: Trash
    6 attacks on macro: Stainless/ANV
    7+ attacks on macro: Bannedoras

why don't you just go ahead and join the worst trolls and macroers if you luv them so much? because you fail as a person. how did that rend flesh exploit back in RoR treat you? oh and ask gando if he learned his lesson from his macro ban...with his little eye gouge cutting off cooldowns and animations. cant win without his I-Win button

Dead? Me and Suster only leave for 2 week and E dead?... Here we come...

Quote Originally Posted by romanisti23 View Post
    Dead? Me and Suster only leave for 2 week and E dead?... Here we come...
    Please save us!

-Thandreil

Also how did last night turn out? BEcause there was a Fraid running around for a while, I left to do Fornost and so far there was only a Lug Rez fight going on. Creeps say theyre not struggling with numbers yet none came out. (up to the point I had left at anyways)

Dead? Over?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Creepside is definitely not dead, but it can only exist if there's freeps to fight. I have no insight to freepside other than my guesses posted here, and from what it looks like generally overall less people playing the game. The raid community was the lifeblood of the game and that's gone. The chance for the moors to be the replacement end game has really been squandered with the bad scaling implementation and the various other issues that make new freeps not want to stick around, and the old not want to play.
    With no decent multi-boss raids since ToO and the announcement that nothing is on the roadmap there, PvE raiders left the game in droves. Then u13 came along (and 'scaled' freeps), and the same thing happened with PvMP.

Is Turbine designing content that is keeping their player base involved in the game and attracting new players? With layoffs at Turbine and much of what's left of PvMP consolidating on BW, you can draw your own conclusions.

I'm talking about what I see in equal numbers fights.
    Equal numbers fights? Really? Have you played in this update? What server were these taking place on?

As far as my comment about group organization, creepside has really raised the bar in group coordination and execution. Check out TS some time -- battle chat is actually better now than ever -- it's not just somebody calling targets, it's everyone communicating the little crucial things that make a huge difference and has really stepped up group performance.
    How much group coordination and execution is involved in raid vs. fellow fights? That was the norm on E this update until most of the Freeps who played regularly got tired of it and transferred. That is the main reason there are no Freeps to fight. Hopefully the TS crowd that all transferred to BW will realize this before BW becomes as deserted as E.

RIP E

Wow the match isn't even over yet and crying Brasil kid is already giffed?

Wow the match isn't even over yet and crying Brasil kid is already giffed?
    LOL lots more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast