We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: lol @ F2P

lol @ F2P

Well thought this was funny so decided to start a thread. I'm pretty sure others have encountered Free to Play people like I did and have screenshots so post dem janks up here!
    :::Forged By Fire:::
    Bareden level 65 Captain || Baredor level 65 Guardian || Horhay level 65 Burglar
    [Vilya]

Re: lol @ F2P

So if you are VIP you automatically know what those terms mean? I don't get it.

I'm a VIP player and I still don't know all of the acronyms so your point is what? The person was trying to trying to compliment you. 0/10 for a fail troll.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001736f3/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    |Princess Yasmyne Parvaneh - LM| Darling Andena Duran -RK| Barmaid Dahalia Sevingy - Guard|

Quote Originally Posted by YasminParvaneh View Post
    I'm a VIP player and I still don't know all of the acronyms so your point is what? The person was trying to trying to compliment you. 0/10 for a fail troll.
    fail troll? I clearly tell him what DN and OD mean ....really dont know how i'm a troll at all
    Bareden level 65 Captain || Baredor level 65 Guardian || Horhay level 65 Burglar
    [Vilya]

Oh my lawd people, he was trying to poke fun at new LOTRO players. Sigh, sense of humour anyone?

He does explain the acronyms too... no trolling here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b7f61/01003/signature.png]Falrendir[/charsig]
    || Slashed - R7 Reaver || Taluck - OP hobbit tank || Ridnerlaf - R2 Blackarrow ||

I never understand why people use acronyms when they're just going to have to explain them anyhow. Seems like more work when you're trying to be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant01 View Post
    Oh my lawd people, he was trying to poke fun at new LOTRO players. Sigh, sense of humour anyone?

Stop coming in here and trolling jeez..
    Slin V 4.0
    R9 hnt [] R7 champ [] R6 LM [] R6 Burg [] R6 Cap [] R6 Burg [] R4 Cap
    R8 Reaver [] R7 Reaver [] R5 WL [] R5 Warg [] R5 BA...and many more...
    Team F-----RenamedNTZ------Fighting Against Gank Squads----Save the Dugong

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant01 View Post

lol i'm failtroll!
    [Vilya]

VIP here with lvl65 chars and still not knowing all them acronyms, or mixing them up. Guess some people just have easy sense of humour. .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000212bd/signature.png]Raran[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent7879 View Post
    fail troll? I clearly tell him what DN and OD mean ....really dont know how i'm a troll at all
    No, you told him what BG and DN was ... And you're trolling the forums, not the player.

we all have to learn one day, doesn't mean that it's only f2p players who are clueless. I've played with more VIP's than I can name who don't have a clue.

Stop beating on people who are f2p. It's attitudes like that, that cause a divide amongst the community of LOTRO. A community that is much better than any other MMo out there. You want this place to decend into the same type of community elitism that exists on other popular MMO's?

Troll Fail.
    Last edited by Tainted_Black; Jul 23 2011 at 07:19 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001294f7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [U]Officer, The Lost Companions - Laurelin[RP][/U]
    Krougar 75 Guardian / Gwelendrial 75 Champion / Fredderic 75 Burglar / Bleadwyn 75 warden / Rauxelle 75 Lore-Master / Korromire 75 Hunter

^ Right on.
    +1
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider
    Kinship- "Tolkien's Legacy" on Vilya

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted_Black View Post
    we all have to learn one day, doesn't mean that it's only f2p players who are clueless. I've played with more VIP's than I can name who don't have a clue.

BG and DN was ... And you're trolling the forums, not the player.Stop beating on people who are f2p. It's attitudes like that, that cause a divide amongst the community of LOTRO. A community that is much better than any other MMo out there. You want this place to decend into the same type of community elitism that exists on other popular MMO's?
    QFT. Somebody asking a simple question isn't as funny as somebody coming on the forums and acting like they're something special just because they can poke fun at new players.

Lol,what do the acronyms have to with anything?He said that DN is a lvl 60 raid and that BG is a lvl 65 raid.What else is there to explain.

P.S. only 414 silver?

I hardly ever use the IM tab - don't you have to erase the name out of the "sessions" to the right there?

The correct questions would have probably been "what does XYZ stand for". Anyways, there are certain things that could potentially be funny - but blaming someone for not knowing acronyms is not really hilarious.

Carry on lively.
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rouven View Post
    I hardly ever use the IM tab - don't you have to erase the name out of the "sessions" to the right there?

The correct questions would have probably been "what does XYZ stand for". Anyways, there are certain things that could potentially be funny - but blaming someone for not knowing acronyms is not really hilarious.

Carry on lively.
    Lol.Again,he explained what the acronyms were before he even asked.Yet after being told what they were,the player still asked what they were.You dont need to know what the acronym is to understand that they are raids.

Quote Originally Posted by SHADOW83 View Post
    Lol.Again,he explained what the acronyms were before he even asked.Yet after being told what they were,the player still asked what they were.You dont need to know what the acronym is to understand that they are raids.
    Well no worries, it's just that I can't see that in the screenshot provided ...

I would still erase the two other spots where the name pops up ...

Cheers, done with my work for today, time to head home.
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Lmao noobs are so noob!
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

No he explained what the acronyms represent, not what they mean. You not actually getting this is starting to get funny to me.

To make it easier for you if he explained the acronyms he would've said OD = Ost Denizen and BG is Barad Gularan. I presume you do know this yourself... .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000212bd/signature.png]Raran[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Raran View Post
    No he explained what the acronyms represent, not what they mean. You not actually getting this is starting to get funny to me.

To make it easier for you if he explained the acronyms he would've said OD = Ost Denizen and BG is Barad Gularan. I presume you do know this yourself... .
    Actually they're Ost Dunhoth and Barad Guldur
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001294f7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [U]Officer, The Lost Companions - Laurelin[RP][/U]
    Krougar 75 Guardian / Gwelendrial 75 Champion / Fredderic 75 Burglar / Bleadwyn 75 warden / Rauxelle 75 Lore-Master / Korromire 75 Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Raran View Post

So saying those names will instantly explain what they are?The person asked what they are,NOT what they stand for
    You not comprehending that is funny to me.Whats even funnier is you F-ing up what they actually stand for.Ill give you points for trying but you still look like a tool.

And you my friend are like the nitpicky history teacher everybody gets annoyed at.

When a person asks what BG is, he IS asking what it stands for, and what it is. It's one and the same.

Example~ Noob: Whats OD?
    You: OD is Ost Dunhoth, a 12 person instance in Enedwaith.

Moral: Be nice to noobs =D
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider
    Kinship- "Tolkien's Legacy" on Vilya

So saying those names will instantly explain what they are?The person asked what they are,NOT what they stand for
    You not comprehending that is funny to me.Whats even funnier is you F-ing up what they actually stand for.Ill give you points for trying but you still look like a tool.
    Yupp. Big tool. And big as in dumb, not hung......
    [CENTER]HATE ME[/CENTER]

Ugh now I remember why I hate coming on this forum. It's like a big party where everyone comes to call each other noobs for asking questions, point out why everyone else is wrong and stupid, and just generally be mean. What ever happened to trying to be helpful to someone without:

A) Running off, LoLing at him and calling him a noob somewhere. Like we ALL weren't new to the game at some point...
    B) Being totally snarky and sarcastic because you found someone who knows less about the game than you,
    or
    C) Taking the time to screenshot some person's polite and innocent question and then posting it on the forum for the sake of loling @ F2P or whatever?

It seems like you, my friend, need to find something better to do with your time than try (unsuccessfully, I might add) to make fun of new players on the forum...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001a82ff/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lemarex View Post
    Ugh now I remember why I hate coming on this forum. It's like a big party where everyone comes to call each other noobs for asking questions, point out why everyone else is wrong and stupid, and just generally be mean. What ever happened to trying to be helpful to someone without:

A) Running off, LoLing at him and calling him a noob somewhere. Like we ALL weren't new to the game at some point...
    B) Being totally snarky and sarcastic because you found someone who knows less about the game than you,
    or
    C) Taking the time to screenshot some person's polite and innocent question and then posting it on the forum for the sake of loling @ F2P or whatever?

It seems like you, my friend, need to find something better to do with your time than try (unsuccessfully, I might add) to make fun of new players on the forum...
    +rep. Keep the drama in pvp forums!

Quote Originally Posted by MorphenVanyarion View Post
    And you my friend are like the nitpicky history teacher everybody gets annoyed at.

When a person asks what BG is, he IS asking what it stands for, and what it is. It's one and the same.

Example~ Noob: Whats OD?
    You: OD is Ost Dunhoth, a 12 person instance in Enedwaith.

Moral: Be nice to noobs =D
    I write user manuals in real life, and this method is standard operating procedure. On the first use in a topic, use the full name and give the acronym/initialism. After that, you can use the acronym/initialism at will (with subtle reminders about what it means). It's a little thing, but it is one of the things that separates good writers from mediocre ones.
    Jewahe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast