We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Why don't we all just farm the $%&! out of each other?

Quote Originally Posted by AEW View Post
    Why keep switching?
    Laughing out loud @ U, u, you, youuuuuuuu. LOLOLOLOLOL. ur best comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanteress93 View Post
    Laughing out loud @ U, u, you, youuuuuuuu. LOLOLOLOLOL. ur best comeback?
    Who said it was my best comeback? I just asked the question, why would you keep switching them if you can obviously use the correct one.

Please try again.

Who said it was my best comeback? I just asked the question, why would you keep switching them if you can obviously use the correct one.

Please try again.
    so cute when the chubby kids try to correct your grammar on a lotro forum thread.

Your grammar? I wasn't trying to correct my own grammar. Using the correct word matters.

Just so cute.....
    ./pats the lil chubby kid on da' head. run along now and play

Helly is skinny.
    Brittain was in The Unforgiven for a long time.
    Option B. But he will still track you.

Havok's second favorite PVP quote.

"If you do not respect or like or in any way ever PVP, Do not talk about it. Do not go out there to waste your and my time and please do not drag me into more drama. I get banned enough from destroying the pathetic creeps who come troll freepside and then report me, as that is the only way they can stop me from winning."
    Last edited by ShatterLSS; Jul 26 2011 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShatterLSS View Post
    Helly is skinny."
    awww my bad bro. sorry bout that.

./pats lil skinny kid on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    It really shouldn't be that difficult. I'm quite certain there are reading comprehension passages in primary schools that ask you to infer far more complex statements.

The chain of conversations is as follows:

- Farmer caught.

- Turks boasts his farming skills.

- Turks continues to sandbox name call a group of players that are not part of the subject at hand as well as those that disagree with or frown upon farming.

- Some random champion gives a few soundbites.

- Schwartz opens another thread wondering why, admittedly, a good number of FF players were less than bothered by farming.

- Havok posts one of the more reasonable posts in both threads.

- Turks and random champ continue to spout off at the mouth: name-calling, stomping all over their kin's leader's opinion about farming, throwing out out-of-game insults, etc.

Alright, now that I made an outline for you, lets try this again.

According to the outline, when the phrase, "What happened to Havok's kin? He deserves better than this?" is asked, what is most likely correct?

A - Havok deserves a cookie.

B - Havok shouldn't track FidelCastro.

C - Havok deserves better than Turks and Random Champ dragging his kin name through the mud.

D - Havok's entire kin is a piece of junk.

E - Moor MS Paintz.

I mean really, you can't be that dense. Now, back to finishing my eggs.
    haha nice try but you were quite obviously bashing his kin...

Just man up and admit it, stop being such a chicken.

say it loud and say it proud, stop backpeddling.
    Last edited by Xiir; Jul 26 2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiir View Post

Oh Ziir.

Nice of you to stop by to see what you can jump into and stir up. I'm sure someone here still cares to hear what you have to say.

If you keep editing, something you say might elicit a response, which is your ultimate goal, and then you can troll till you need to work.

I'll be in the Burg forum seeing what gear I need to work on. Stop by when you're done.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    You have never been in a kin with turks, he is a great guy, its a game. Get over yourself and your renown.
    I've been in a kin with Turks before. Never had a problem with him. =)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    Oh Ziir.

Nice of you to stop by to see what you can jump into and stir up.
    You mean STIIR up???
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

Brit Well again your thread makes no sense and your avoiding the issue by randomly talking about other stuff. Hantress doesnt even play on firefoot anymore . He hasnt logged in, in like 3months. I dont even understand what hes talking about either lol. I wont post on here anymore on this thread. You dont like us and most of us dont like you so whatever i guess. Id group with anyone anytime anywhere. I dont hold grudges and i dont care about how people play. Im sure we all have people we dont like and hate that one guy in that one kin. So if it makes you happy to know brit ill promise you i will stop farming once i pass up balbaroy. I dont even farm that much considering im on minstrel or warg alot. I might do little here an there and Maybe after an expansion its been out for awhile maybe. Eh who knows. Maybe somebody will see me farm and start another thread and we all can have some fun forum posting again
    Last edited by mdafurball; Jul 26 2011 at 06:29 PM.

I must say I'm kinda diggin this Xiir guy
    [URL="http://s624.photobucket.com/user/kristinhal16/media/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/kristinhal16/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

best thread ever! Nasty, where is your Michael Jackson popcorn picture??

Rhyno, Father of Gamblers

Quote Originally Posted by Hanteress93 View Post
    Oh and Raithon, u know cancer spreads pretty rapidly. so basicly you're saying that there are far more farmers on this server than already assumed? these cancer cells cant all be spreading from just one kin then (especially since so few ppl in res even bother with the moors). it must be other kins aswell is basicly what you're saying then. hmmmmmmm....
    Ive caught several high ranked players on Firefoot farming. All from various Kinships and Tribes. I don't believe the problem is bound to any one kin, more that its a server wide problem.

However having caught several of Resurrection members farming, there is clearly an underlining issue

my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by mdafurball View Post
    Brit Well again your thread makes no sense and your avoiding the issue by randomly talking about other stuff. Hantress doesnt even play on firefoot anymore . He hasnt logged in, in like 3months. I dont even understand what hes talking about either lol.
    shows just how little you actually do know but like most i think im more aware of you than u are of me there sir farmpaws. i no longer bother with champ but doesnt mean i havent logged into other toons a good number of times, i like to drop in and say hi to my old ff friends, what few remain here. and on the contrary i did login to my champ last night just to help an old friend.

as far as your farming goes, carry on to rank 15. it's gonna be hilarious to watch everyone's reaction to that.

Thanks to all who have cared enough to voice their opinions here, and special thanks to those who have strived to remain civil in their posts.

Was I right to estimate how many players farm infamy/reknown on Firefoot? Oh man, I was worse than right, I was wrong. I guess I was just being overly optimistic by giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, it's good that we can come together as a community and discuss our issues openly.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by rmr7 View Post
    best thread ever! Nasty, where is your Michael Jackson popcorn picture??
    This one?

I don't know how much longer I can eat popcorn; the thread will be closed soon. That, and I'm losing what little brain cells I have left by reading some of these responses.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Impact][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Teal][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000400e3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=SandyBrown][SIZE=2][I][FONT=Book Antiqua]"West, North, and South the children of Men spread and wandered, and their joy was the joy of the morning before the dew is dry, when every leaf is green." [/FONT][/I][FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys]- [FONT=Arial][B]The Silmarillion[/B][/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/FONT] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nasty/"][COLOR=SlateGray][FONT=Hurry Up]Minstrel[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/evilblasty/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Rune-keeper[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/balbaroids/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Champion[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nastier/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Captain[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/inuke/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Hunter[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nastiest/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Warden[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Ya i think i did post that when i was brand new to the moors and i think Rootberry cussed me out in that one too

Oh good lordy.... Sealwebbed was one heck of a guy!!

Im sure this Ryanko isnt it?
    yes, how are things on that other server you guys went to? I transferred both my creeps over there probably a week before I got banned. I'd say it was a good investment l0l

And to stay on topic, I could give you guys a nice list of respected names who at one point or another farmed or helped others "rank" up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakshi View Post
    yes, how are things on that other server you guys went to? I transferred both my creeps over there probably a week before I got banned. I'd say it was a good investment l0l

And to stay on topic, I could give you guys a nice list of respected names who at one point or another farmed or helped others "rank" up.
    We went to E, and was awesome, had lotsa fights large and small, tonnes better than FF. Havent played in 6months, didnt like Turbine lied about the new zone with Isengard, so let sub run out and we are all waiting for GW2.

Sucks you got banned for life, and they shoulda refunded that money for your xfer.

Quote Originally Posted by mdafurball View Post
    Dude deserves better than what he has~~

I will even give you an example. Myself mualla an Thnks try an play freepside in a group and what happens?? Your kin bashes thinks so hard just because he grouped with me "the farmer"? Basically forbid him to play with me. Now we dislike one another and think the other is lame now for different reasons . Thats the kind of kin your in and you have the nerve to say anything bad about ours.
    Why are you dragging me into your mess?

Not one person in Revs ever commented about us grouping together. They don't care who I group with, nor would I care or listen if they ever told me who I could run with. I'm here to enjoy myself.

Farming is something I truly despise but I can't stop it and I'm not about to try. If you want to farm, go for it. But I do control who I do/do not group with. I stopped grouping with you because it's something I don't condone, nor care for in the game. If you farm, I don't really want anything to do with you. Hence, the reason I stopped grouping with you.

Why you dragged me into it, I have no clue but I just wanted to set the record straight there... so please, cite a new reference or come up with a different example. I choose not to group with you on my own accord, not because my kin burned me for it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000050b98/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

ok i lied one more quick post. Thinks you told me an mualla that gomlie and balbaroy was giving you a hard time. Whatever though that was months ago. I guess your like brit an go back on what u say. You are just there puppet, you do what they say or else they will exile you
    Last edited by mdafurball; Jul 26 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Well I mean Turks has been farming for the past 3+ years, its really nothing new lol.

I didn't really want to post in this thread cause I found it more fun to sit back and watch the flaming, and I have a feeling that trying to get an intelligent point across will be pointless anyways, since this is the internet. That said:

Ok Turks. You seem like a nice guy, from the times I've played with you and against you all the way up until now I definitely recognize you as a good player. I don't know you personally but I respect you as a person... however, I can't respect your choices.

The reasons I and many other people see farming as a bad thing can be summed up simply by this statement:

You are achieving something in a way that is not supposed to be achieved in that way.

Now, it is, as you have demonstrated in many of your responses, easy to come up with arguments against this, saying that "How do you know that this isn't the way that we can get rank?". Well, I have to admit, that does go in your favor simply because Turbine hasn't made farming a bannable offense at all, and it doesn't seem as though they have said anything directly against it. Is it cheating if the referee doesn't see it/doesn't care that it happens?

Well, I know that Turbine hasn't intended us to farm, otherwise they wouldn't have said "This is player versus player". If they wanted us to farm, they wouldn't have given creeps any skills at all, and they would have probably just made it so we could PvE for rank anyways rather than go to the trouble of just having someone sit on a creep and do nothing but die, get rezzed, and rinse and repeat. And, a while back, they did make it so that if you keep killing the same person over and over again, you get less infamy/renown for that particular kill, so that is a scratch of proof that they are partially against farming. Why haven't they gone further and try to stop it you might say? Well, you can ask that about anything in PvP. Why haven't they given us a new region, why haven't they given more skills/customization to creeps, why don't freeps get any real rewards from PvP? Because it's a side game, and Turbine, in whatever wisdom they have, decided to just throw it in real quick at launch and then mostly ignore it. They probably would rather not have customer service have another issue to have to look into besides the harassment and other exploiting tickets they already have to look at. And, farming is a hard thing to catch. You can make the claim "Oh I was just sparring this person, and he just stinks at his class" pretty easily, so Turbine wouldn't know who is innocent and not, and they don't want to lose customers by handing accidental bans. On top of that, the average PvPer in a video game will become angry if they lose to someone, and will look for a way to beat them if they continually lose in PvP. People would abuse the farming tickets all the time, claiming someone they would like to see banned is farming, and that would also bug Turbine, especially if in some cases it did seem like that person was farming and they gave out an accidental ban.

Now, you can ask the ultimate question "Why do you guys care about what I do?" Well, because this is a massive multiplayer game. You cannot deny that you are interacting with other people and that a sense of achievement exists in a game like this, especially a competitive aspect like PvP. Rank is visible on your character and definitely denotes something like that of level; that you are all high and mighty because of the point you have reached in the game. Even though you do not actually become stronger as a character and better able to play the game like you might if you were getting armor or something, it still has the same value. And you farm on your creeps anyways, which you do get stronger on. It also comes down to ethics; you are achieving something by taking an easy way out, and this diminishes what other people are doing. Your response to this would be "Well, all of you can farm too!" But you never ask the question after that, what if everyone just farmed each other and didn't PvP? I see you do actually PvP out there from time to time, so you definitely enjoy it. And why would you farm if you didn't? Why would you farm if you didn't care about the title, the little symbol that you get next to your name?

So, that about sums up my attempt at a reasonable, intelligent response. Let the flames begin.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000277914/signature.png]Toiletwater[/charsig]
    [COLOR=GREEN]Spacemanbobr, Sithmanbobr[/COLOR], [COLOR=RED]Toiletwater, Spacemandef[/COLOR]

well said spaceman. toiletwater ftw! though i dont understand how turks farming his rank diminishes what any others have achieved. when i see the same folks putting it down out there in the moors day after day and then seeing these familiar names in our, "grats so and so on ranking!" threads i never once think,"oh well too bad turks beat you to it or that new rank might mean something".

sure he farmed, but you didnt. so just put him out of your thoughts, or better yet howl with laughter when you see farmpaws turn tail and running from you. how turks got that shiny symbol by his name doesnt affect my good times in the moors.

and when i say turks i really mean any farmer at all, dont mean to single you out but im just keeping with the trend.
    and i say once more, i am indifferent on this issue of farming and i wish others were to. dont let his actions detract from your sense of accomplishment.
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Wow, overall some really good posts made here guys and gals. Quite entertaining. One stands out the most in my mind right now, possibly because it is exactly how I feel about all of this ####.... props Thinks, very well said, without even offending anyone!

My turn

Bottom line: farming is fail, complete fail. It shows who does and who doesn't by the way in which you play. People rank up (the way we are traditionally, and supposed to) by spending lots of time playing that class, which in turn gives them experience in certain situations on the battlefield you would never encounter farming. These situations and learning how to overcome them and end up on top is what defines your skill level as players on this server, all servers for that matter. The higher that skill level builds, the more odds you can overcome and in turn the more fun you can have (at least that's the way it is for me). In short, farming only hurts those that do it. All the rest of us just hate that it happens for multiple reasons which I won't delve into right now. Now please for the love of god, do NOT stop posting. This #### is really entertaining.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast