We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Why don't we all just farm the $%&! out of each other?

We could all be r15, we could all have 5 stars, and since the common mantra is that "no one should care about how anyone else plays their characters", it should all be good, right?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

Re: Why don't we all just farm the $%&! out of each other?

sign me up please. although i really dont need any help since ive mastered it already

Rank for freeps= Just a number and some bragging rights.

Rank for creeps= More skills/survivability.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

Can I get an achievement for most time spent AFK?

Unfortunately, farming the $%&! out of each out would violate the Community Guidelines which "failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination ("banning") of your Community and/or game account."

9. You may not abuse the Forums Reputation System. This includes posting requests for positive reputation or other means of “farming” reputation, targeting an individual or group for negative reputation, or any other means of artificially influencing your Reputation or another user’s.
    Wait, my apologies, do you mean farming renown or infamy?
    Ironically there's no rules on that so sure, should be all good.

Quote Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
    Rank for freeps= Just a number and some bragging rights.
    http://my.lotro.com/user-1317796/201...p-reward-plan/
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

My warg needs a good farm session. When are we doing this?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001bdd4e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Unixbomber View Post
    Unfortunately, farming the $%&! out of each out would violate the Community Guidelines which "failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination ("banning") of your Community and/or game account."

Wait, my apologies, do you mean farming renown or infamy?
    Ironically there's no rules on that so sure, should be all good.

http://my.lotro.com/user-1317796/201...p-reward-plan/
    +rep
    now stop farming forum renown or I'll have you banned!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000004bc5b/01008/signature.png]Rhyno[/charsig]

Rhyno, Father of Gamblers

Unhappy Re: Why don't we all just farm the $%&! out of each other?

Quote Originally Posted by rmr7 View Post
    +rep
    now stop farming forum renown or I'll have you banned!
    Party pooper...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000207a0b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mdafurball View Post
    sign me up please. although i really dont need any help since ive mastered it already
    Turks you're the only person i would actually encourage to farm to 15 since at that point we'll finally have something to throw in turbine's face to show how bad it is, optimistically having it put into something that involves administrative actions( warning, temp bans, perma bans).

You'll then have the satisfaction of being 15 since you got there prior to the new rules, while at the same time being a hero to everyone against farming bringing about the new rules by doing what you do best farming.

I already have a great idea for how turbine could deal with farming cases which parallels to League of Legends' Tribunal with some minor details changed.

But I doubt you'd even be up to it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000009cef/signature.png]Unknown[/charsig]

Unknown you are a class act and my hero. One day I hope to grow up and be as young as you... please.

-Bodybag

Quote Originally Posted by Notaforumguy007 View Post
    Turks you're the only person i would actually encourage to farm to 15 since at that point we'll finally have something to throw in turbine's face to show how bad it is, optimistically having it put into something that involves administrative actions( warning, temp bans, perma bans).

You'll then have the satisfaction of being 15 since you got there prior to the new rules, while at the same time being a hero to everyone against farming bringing about the new rules by doing what you do best farming.

I already have a great idea for how turbine could deal with farming cases which parallels to League of Legends' Tribunal with some minor details changed.

But I doubt you'd even be up to it.
    LoL is for noobs, although their tribunal system is a pretty good idea.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001bdd4e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't like getting involved in stuff like this at all. But I feel I need to say something here (please go easy on me! LOL) this is the reason I think it's an overall bad idea. It isn't because it makes other people mad, people who are really against it. It's because all of the hours you put into farming are just moments that are totally wasted when you could be grouped up with a friend, or friends, actually playing and fighting, getting some real stimulation out of your favourite video game. Why not come and group with me and let's take on some creeps instead of spending all day in some corner farming reknown or infamy? It's just something I think some people should think about. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, hurt anyone's feelings or scold someone or judge - that is the last thing I want to do to anyone, especially on a game we all play together in some way. I'm willing to play and group with anyone who is cool, nice and fun to group with. But if you choose to spend time farming instead of playing with me, I'm gonna be pretty dissapointed for the simple reason I'll feel you chose to do something that you totally don't need to do over having fun with me. Is it really worth it? I'm just trying to say you guys don't need to do that for any reason. All you need to do is get out there and have some real fun, play, enjoy the challenge. That's what it's all about, having fun with friends. And for those who try to hang on to stars, well that's cool, but honestly stop caring if you die or not. Rating doesn't mean a thing (atleast not always, not that there's anything wrong with a good rating) but get out there, fight, die, kill, it's all in good fun! I'm just saying that everyone needs to relax and enjoy their game with the people they enjoy!

Hope everyone has a great day!
    [URL="http://s624.photobucket.com/user/kristinhal16/media/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/kristinhal16/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Creeps get skills, Freeps get gear. There are rewards. But as you choose to farm out this last frontier of not yet bannable cheat offense. What will you do when there is nothing short of blatant hacks or other cheats when it comes to pass?

Play the game as designed. Fight. With others or alone. Against the highest of ranked or greenest of greenies. Earn your way to the top and gain friends, rivals, allies, and enemy's.

as for rating... Rating (*if you can get 5 stars) Is a sign of dominance. That mean's you havn't died in forever. No matter how you do it and with a small community as FF all creeps/freeps gang up on known "star huggers". That's the trick. Its a challenge when EVERYONE is gunning for you to get that high still yet.
    Havoksnipes - Rank 12
    Blackarrow's Enemy, Reaver's Enemy, Stalker's Enemy, War-Leader's Foe, Weaver Foe, Defiler-Foe
    The Battlemaster
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000078c86/signature.png]Havoksnipes[/charsig]
    I am the Geek in Pink. What now?

Quote Originally Posted by havok_pwns View Post
    as for rating... Rating (*if you can get 5 stars) Is a sign of dominance. That mean's you havn't died in forever. No matter how you do it and with a small community as FF all creeps/freeps gang up on known "star huggers". That's the trick. Its a challenge when EVERYONE is gunning for you to get that high still yet.
    Better start working on those stars then Mr Havok pants :P pew pew ... I might work on upping mine later on when I start playing more out there again, just for that reason. But I don't think it's possible on my laggy pc Plus I don't mind dying anyway. I'm just there to have fun. I don't think obtaining more stars is a bad thing, I just think if you obsess over it, it becomes more stressful than fun. Depends on the individual and how they go about it though.
    Last edited by JustEscape22; Jul 23 2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling error
    [URL="http://s624.photobucket.com/user/kristinhal16/media/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/kristinhal16/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

this is a pointless thread imo...

but as far as star hugging goes. Depending on what class you play and the abilities you have, I have more respect for a player who isn't afraid to charge in and nail something, rather than be protected in a group, or hug a safe-haven to save a few stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanteress93 View Post
    this is a pointless thread imo....
    Hey, thanks for taking the time to respond to a thread you consider pointless.

I made the thread because I was wondering why the farming phenomenon happens so rarely on Firefoot, especially when many insist that we should turn a blind eye to any actions of other players. If there is literally nothing wrong with farming infamy/reknown, then why isn't it a common occurrence on Firefoot? There must be some underlying reason why 99.95% of Firefooters don't farm infamy/reknown in the 'moors, so I have asked the community as a whole for an answer as to why they think that is.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
    There must be some underlying reason why 99.95% of Firefooters don't farm infamy/reknown in the 'moors, .
    My honest answer is drop that number to like 59%. Just because people come on here to complain about farming doesnt mean they havent done it. Ive helped alot of people personally and the old saying who about criminals want to accuse others so to throw the trail off of them. Im just waiting for one person in that leet pvp kin to get booted out one day when they dont get along anymore and then they release the screenshots of them farming long time ago cause they dont like them anyone. Thats gonna be fun stuff

SO yeah to me those who bark the loudest are probably the most guilty. I know alot have done it just not to the extreme like myself. IF your a rank 8 creep and u convince your friend to go creep, i think the chances of you helping him get a couple rank is extremely high. Considering its so easy to get him like 2k points in like 15 minutes. That goes on alot more than you think
    Last edited by mdafurball; Jul 23 2011 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdafurball View Post
    My honest answer is drop that number to like 59%. Just because people come on here to complain about farming doesnt mean they havent done it. Ive helped alot of people personally and the old saying who about criminals want to accuse others so to throw the trail off of them. Im just waiting for one person in that leet pvp kin to get booted out one day when they dont get along anymore and then they release the screenshots of them farming long time ago cause they dont like them anyone. Thats gonna be fun stuff

SO yeah to me those who bark the loudest are probably the most guilty. I know alot have done it just not to the extreme like myself. IF your a rank 8 creep and u convince your friend to go creep, i think the chances of you helping him get a couple rank is extremely high. Considering its so easy to get him like 2k points in like 15 minutes. That goes on alot more than you think
    Turks is right.... when me and my tribe played on FF we caught quite a few "well respected" players on this server farming renown and infamy... but unlike you fools we didnt care and just laughed at them on our vent... I remember being told my one tribemate how when she caught some of them farming they got her on thier vent to try and explain it away LOLLOL .... who cares...

virtual rank brings what? RESPECT? in a video game? much less from a "community" in a video game? You dodnt even know the vast majority of your servers "community" personally anyways, most people only interact with a very small number of people on thier server outside thier guilds, and even within thier guilds they dont intimately know everyone.... who cares....

you can spread a rumour and false propoganda about ANYONE within a server and tarnish thier rep without them ever having actually done anything...

If the people you spend alot of time with ingame, your virtual freinds, know you and respect you... who cares about the unknown masses outside who couldnt even give 2cents about you even if they DO know you...

man cant wait till isengard comes out and the moors is F2P... im gunna anonymously farm a freshly rolled creep with Turks and laugh my head off when everyone gets thier knickers in a knot and tries to "community police" me... hah

Quote Originally Posted by Xiir View Post
    Turks is right.... when me and my tribe played on FF we caught quite a few "well respected" players on this server farming renown and infamy... but unlike you fools we didnt care and just laughed at them on our vent... I remember being told my one tribemate how when she caught some of them farming they got her on thier vent to try and explain it away LOLLOL .... who cares...

virtual rank brings what? RESPECT? in a video game? much less from a "community" in a video game? You dodnt even know the vast majority of your servers "community" personally anyways, most people only interact with a very small number of people on thier server outside thier guilds, and even within thier guilds they dont intimately know everyone.... who cares....

you can spread a rumour and false propoganda about ANYONE within a server and tarnish thier rep without them ever having actually done anything...

If the people you spend alot of time with ingame, your virtual freinds, know you and respect you... who cares about the unknown masses outside who couldnt even give 2cents about you even if they DO know you...

man cant wait till isengard comes out and the moors is F2P... im gunna anonymously farm a freshly rolled creep with Turks and laugh my head off when everyone gets thier knickers in a knot and tries to "community police" me... hah
    Heard that.

unless its a 6v1 against me i consider all my encounters in the moors to be farming....its because im just that good ya see.

but yea i dont farm not because i would become a "pariah" but because it wouldnt be any fun. that shiny little symbol by my name means absolutely nothing to me. why devote hours facerolling a buddy or a second account? sems awfully pointless imo. i say this as a freep of course. my warg totally farmed all the way up to his current rank. which is 3. im so leet.
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

It's not that hard to get renown/infamy.
    If you feel the need to farm, it shows that you don't enjoy the actual PvMP part of PvMP.
    Getting renown/infamy is cool, but...
    Planning your move on that soon to be dead dude, zerging TA/EC, epic 1vs1s,taking keeps...that's why I play.
    I don't play for some symbol next to my name.
    Last edited by Lightdeath; Jul 24 2011 at 10:27 AM.

I'm proud of my ranks cuz well...I didn't farm.

It's taken a long time to get a title that means little....but it means something to me ...and wow I had/have fun along the way.

/2 cents
    [color=orange]Flimlin - Linsdor - Lutar - Togoras - Welki[/color]

Talking Re: Why don't we all just farm the $%&! out of each other?

The thread is pointless in the manner that some of you so-called do-gooders are trying to convince these farmers to stop what they're doing...not gonna happen. So why don't you put this much effort into saving whales or something?

@Mualla...luv u surfer girl but i think ur far nicer than some ppl deserve :-P but ur awesome nonetheless.

@Turks. for the most part i find u slightly annoying, but you (unlike some ppl) are honest enough to admit u do farm instead of trying to hide it in hopes of staying on the good side of the FF elitists. U tell it like it is too so i have to give u credit for that.

@Xiir ... if i could sir, i would give u 10 stars just because u put things into perspective, tell it like it is and dont give a hoot who likes u. that's my kinda guy. that's what's wrong with this server now, not enough level headed ppl like yourself. it's full of chubby kids in their mom's basement QQing cuz some1 farmed and beat them to rank 13.

In the end it all comes clean wash day. someone on here who's always trying so hard to prove that they're against it is gonna be exposed, and we all know who will have the last laugh then. LAWL.
    Last edited by Hanteress93; Jul 24 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Wink Re: Why don't we all just farm the $%&! out of each other?

@Mualla...luv u surfer girl but i think ur far nicer than some ppl deserve :-P but ur awesome nonetheless.
    Luv ya too mr grumpypants ... And save the whales!!!! WOOT!!!

The thread is pointless in the manner that some of you so-called do-gooders are trying to convince these farmers to stop what they're doing...not gonna happen. So why don't you put this much effort into saving whales or something?

@Turks. for the most part i find u slightly annoying, but you (unlike some ppl) are honest enough to admit u do farm instead of trying to hide it in hopes of staying on the good side of the FF elitists. U tell it like it is too so i have to give u credit for that.
    Well, in all fairness Turks "honest enough to admit" ideology only came out after he was called out. My guess is if there was no call out, there'd be no" honest enough to admit" being a farmer. It the old saying "You not guilty of anything...until you're caught"

In the end it all comes clean wash day. someone on here who's always trying so hard to prove that they're against it is gonna be exposed, and we all know who will have the last laugh then. LAWL.
    I think most players care, but not much about the issue. Do I think every time I see Turks in the moors that he earned anything except his reputation, nope. Will I have fun dying to and killing his warg, yep. In the end it just a game and most are here to have fun regardless of the drama. Do I like or dislike "farmers"? Nope, they die just like all the reset, but usually easier.
    Last edited by doug01; Jul 25 2011 at 05:02 PM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast