We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wink Heralds of the Third Age is looking for new members

For tl;dr : see last line.

As the title says, Heralds of the Third Age is looking for new members. We’re looking for mature, relatively clean folks to add to our ranks. Our current members range in age from mid 20’s to mid 30’s, and we have characters from levels 1 to 65. We welcome all classes at all levels. Since the current roster is somewhat slim we focus mainly on questing/skirmishes for our alts, but if/when kin size grows we will be willing to take on more of the large group/end-game material. We offer help with anything from deeding & crafting to questing, leveling & small group stuff. We like to promote the “family atmosphere”, as most of us are RL family/close friends. We offer Vent use for voice coms, but we certainly don’t require anyone to use a mic (although using Vent to hear us would be useful). We have a kin house and all the accouchements that go with it. Before getting invited to the kin, we would like to spend some time either questing/skirmishing or just communicating with you so we can get to know you, and just as importantly for you to see if we are right for you. We don’t require a minimum play time, as RL sometimes interferes with our playing as well. However, we try to play at least a couple/few times during the week and during the weekend. Current members are all on eastern US time zone.

After admission to the kin, we only have a few, simple rules.
    Keep it clean: keep it PG-13 (crude language is only acceptable on RARE occasions for humor purposes only)
    No drama: while not everyone always agrees, there’s no need to get mean/hateful
    Be helpful: If someone has a “dumb” question (especially outside the kin) either help them, or ignore it. Don’t grief them!
    Be courteous: Example: If someone is fighting an enemy next to a resource deposit, wait for them to kill the enemy to see if they are getting the deposit first. Don’t steal it while they’re in combat.

If you are interested in joining or have a question, post a reply below.

tl;dr : clean/kind/family atmosphere for any/all classes/levels.

Re: Heralds of the Third Age is looking for new members

Hi baldur645

After doing a bit of searching I like the spirit of your post re: kinship atmosphere, family and general game play philosophy. I am currently a level 11 warden looking for a kinship. I am moderately new to MMO's. I reached the DCUO cap with a character earlier this year and just recently got to cap in Rift with a warrior (tank) character. I left DCUO due to lack of content overall and I am opting not to renew with Rift in favour of trying a few more games out before I decide which MMO or MMO's I will continue to play ongoing. I have primarily played solo although Rift is great for spontaneous group stuff. I started to learn how to play as a tank in Rift so I am still new to group play. So far I am having a blast with the Warden class and I look forward to taking my Warden to level cap and beyond. In fact I am seriously considering pre-ordering Isenguard. While I play as a female Warden I am a 38 year old male (soon to be 39), husband and father (me boy is 10 and a big LOTR fan!). My family time is important to me so as a result my playing time is not hardcore. I am looking to join a casual group of family minded people where I can have fun, learn more group stuff, and help out where I can.

Thank you,
    Jeremy

Someone will get with you in-game

It also doesn't matter if your F2P or VIP. New or old. Part time player or alternate server. We are looking for players willing to grow with the kin, and have a lot of fun doing it.

Looking for a few more members. Visit our website here for more information.

Updates: Members now range from 1-75, we have gone away from Vent and use Axon by Dolby for VOIP.

Looking for more members. If interested in joining, sign up at our website here to join our discussions and events.

Update: Member ages now range from mid teens to mid 40s.
    Last edited by baldur645; Jan 12 2012 at 10:32 AM.

To save some confusion we are only on the Silverlode Server. So if you are on that server we are still looking for mature, friendly players to join us.