We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Map of Mordor

These look great. I really need to do something like this myself. My dad did a huge map of ME in oil paint on canvas when he was younger. If I can find it I'll upload a picture. I think that was the first Middle Earth related thing I ever saw.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=georgia]"Never laugh at live dragons"[/FONT][/I]
    [/CENTER]

UPDATE 7-23-12

Overall

Gondor

Angled View
    Last edited by snpr_117; Jul 23 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Map of Middle Earth (NEW VERSION)

Some may be disappointed, some of you may not understand why, and some might even call me stupid, but I have started over. After many a mistake had occurred, I decided to finally restart my work and turn it in to a final masterpiece. This one will be finished in calligraphy with ink outlining everything, and it will be bigger, showing the lands of Rhun to the East.

With this version, I know what my mistakes were in the first map I started. The scaling was off and landmarks were not in their rightful place. The whole thing looked off if you know what I mean.

In the final version, this one, great care will be taken. Things will look better. And actually, I have already gotten a far start into this map.

I will have images uploaded soon.
    Last edited by snpr_117; Dec 31 2012 at 06:12 PM.

I will not call you stupid.
    After all who would after what you said?
    I totally agree with your decision even though the map was good I respect it and hope you can make a new, better map and make this on the near top spot of the general forum page.
    Though I do agree with the other: That map was very good.

Greetings from Soruof Nimrodel on your project!

Wow, this is a monumental project! Keep up the great work. I know how difficult it is to make maps, even if you trace them.

Mordor (boring for now)

Gondor Mountains

Eriador and Misty Mountains

Welcome to Middle Earth

Just so everyone knows, there is no tracing in this at all. It is all done by free-hand.
    Last edited by snpr_117; Jan 02 2013 at 09:59 PM.

Really, really nice. That's great talent you have there
    Stephenfry - LVL 85 Hunter; Bobbyo - LVL 47 Guardian; Hildifast - LVL 17 Warden; Felafel - LVL 11 Minstrel;
    [url]http://is.gd/ZZATQw[/url] feedback appreciated :D

CHeers for share, great stuff
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    [url]fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000c00ab/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Here is another update.

Note the second image is not perfect, but I will get a better one later. This is not a major update as I am getting back to this now and I just need some feedback.

I will have another one coming soon. Thanks and please give me some feedback. Now is the time for details on this thing.

It would be awesome to have a stain from the base of a tankard in the corner of the map somewhere. That was one thing I loved on the old LOTRO maps.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    It would be awesome to have a stain from the base of a tankard in the corner of the map somewhere. That was one thing I loved on the old LOTRO maps.
    Thinking about that. I am in a hole right now though because I do not know how to proceed with this. I am getting back to now, but I need opinions on how to detail Mordor a little bit more than it was before. I am doing this in sections now so I don't have to stretch my arms. In addition, I think it will allow me to add more detail.

Image of Mordor

I need everyone's help.

Mans thats ligit

Have you thought of adding the fortress of Durthang to the map?

Instead of the shaded Mordor from before you could make it a little blacker with colored pencils or the mountains surrounding it, at least. And give the fortresses a different shade from everything to establish them as man... orc-made structures.

I will post an update with this very soon.

Thumbs up

better job than the devs

...someone hire this guy *cough*turbine*cough*
    [color=#ff0000][b]
    Old School PvMPer... 6 Years in and its somehow still getting worse.
    [/b][/color]

Hey everyone. I know that I have not posted any updates for this in a very long time. That being said, I am not through with it. It is still something I am trying to complete, but with college in my list of current scenarios I don't have much time to work on this. I hope to get something up very soon. It is not over yet.

Smile New version coming soon!

Hello everybody. Thank you all for your interest.

As of now, I am pleased to announce that I am soon starting work on my final draft of the map. It will be on one 48"x48" sheet of Canson Classic Cream paper. So it will be one massive map this time, no splits in the center from putting two sheets together.

Should I color it like I did in the past, shade it, or both?
    Or should I introduce something new? Suggestions?

I will be starting this very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by snpr_117 View Post
    Hello everybody. Thank you all for your interest.

As of now, I am pleased to announce that I am soon starting work on my final draft of the map. It will be on one 48"x48" sheet of Canson Classic Cream paper. So it will be one massive map this time, no splits in the center from putting two sheets together.

Should I color it like I did in the past, shade it, or both?
    Or should I introduce something new? Suggestions?

I will be starting this very soon.
    I can not give much advice as i am more of a musician than a great artist but i am keen on seeing more of this. I would like to see more shading instead of color making it look older but color may add to some bits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2