We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Map of Mordor

Map of Middle Earth (WIP)

This is part of my map of Middle Earth. Not yet completed, this is the Mordor region. There is no sort of tracing or anything like that involved.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by snpr_117; Aug 25 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Re: Map of Mordor

That is pretty impressive as long as there was no tracing involved.

Looking foward to seeing more!
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma][B][I][COLOR=darkorange]Imladris[/COLOR][/I][/B] - [/FONT]Level 69 [B][COLOR=red]Hunter[/COLOR][/B] Celethrien [COLOR=magenta]-[/COLOR] Level 65 [B][COLOR=red]Guardian[/COLOR][/B] Doriana[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkorange][B][I]Brandywine [/I][/B][/COLOR]- Level 57[/SIZE][/FONT] [B][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Burglar [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Exxploit[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

nice keep it up !

Nice map...look forward to seeing more!

I have taken a big break from this because I was on vacation, but I am now back to work on it.

Current progress: have redone the Misty Mountains, added in some rivers, redone Barad-Dur, redid Isengard (even though it was not in previous photo), and other changes.

I will post a picture of it sometime this week.

Wow that looks great
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000018a83a/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Finally, a little bit of an update on my map. I have updated the Mordor region (at least the tower of Barad-Dur), and redone the whole section of the Gondor mountains. Yeah, you don't know what they looked like before, but trust me, they didn't look that good. I have darkened the rivers in the south, but not the mountains yet. That is for my next update, along with finishing up Gondor completely.

Outlook: I will first finish Gondor, fill in all the mountains and shade the region a little bit. After Gondor, I will move on to the northeast, so you know what that means. Yes, Mirkwood will start to show up, along with Dol Guldur and Erebor. After the northeastern Middle-Earth is done, I will move on to the Misty Mountains, shade them, finish my shading on the 3 mountains (Caradhras, Celebdil, and Silvertine), then finally move on to Eriador.

But anyway, enough of that. You came here to see the updates. So here they are.

The Mordor region:

The Gondor region (unfinished, WIP), and yes you will notice Rohan (WIP)

Again please take the note that there was no tracing involved.

These look amazing. Some times I wish I was artistically talented so I could do things like this. Looking forward to seeing more results of your obvious hard work
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000a1936/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "So do all who live to see such times but that's not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

And if anyone wants to see how it is overall, here is an overall image with a few revisions from the previous photos. Remember that everything you see here is of my own work effort, meaning that everything that you see on this sheet of paper has been worked out from my mind to the paper by hand and a pencil. Nothing else.

It has been a long while since I have had an update on this map, and yes I am still working on it. The chair that I used to sit on to draw the things out had the cushion removed. If you look at the images closely, I have fixed some of the rivers that look a little to out of shape.

Here is some progress. Not much, but I am getting back to it now for sure now that I have something to sit on.

Middle Earth as a whole

Gondor

Mordor and Gondor shading

i don't know why the first image is sideways
    Last edited by snpr_117; Oct 19 2011 at 07:23 PM.

Really nice...can't wait to see it finished!

Great work
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

So, I have been thinking of updating this post every Friday so you can all see the progress weekly. Yes I will have some photos in this thread, but first I must say one thing. Many of my friends think that this is just, "pssh, I could do that in 10 minutes". Not for me though. For me, drawing this takes a lot of time and commitment, aside from all my other work I must attend to.

So here you go, update #5 I think it will be. I've mainly focused on finishing Gondor and revising the shading work, I've also completely erased Minas Tirith and Osgiliath and redid them both. So take a look.

Mordor

Updated Gondor

Updated Gondor

At this moment, the project is paused while I recuperate everything and get back on track.

Not canceled, just paused temporarily.

Guess what. I'm back.

Project is back up and running. Here are a few photos of the overall. Tell me what you think.
    In the near future, I will try to get these photos with a bit less of the light reflecting the shading.

Gondor-Mordor

Gondor

Rohan

Overall

Last edited by snpr_117; Jan 27 2012 at 10:45 PM.

I love the penmanship!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Added a little bit of color.

What does everyone think about the colors? Overall so far?
    Last edited by snpr_117; Mar 05 2012 at 08:18 AM.

Looks great! I love that shade of blue!

Great job! I've often thought about doing this myself, but have never started. I look forward to seeing your progress each week.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

I need some ideas on how I should shade/color the Gondor White Mountains.

PS- To do the shade of blue, I used a blue colored pencil, then used a gray one over the blue, then used a metallic white to cover up the finish.

Can't help with the color, I'm color blind.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

For the White Mountains, everything I've ever seen on them is a darker gray base capped with snow....so maybe a graphite type base capped with white???

Just my 2 coppers...

Well, school is out for summer. I am getting back to this now. Over the course of the summer I am going to complete multiple sections of this map and revise a few things maybe. I will have an update of what it looks like within the next month or few weeks.

http://konstantinpalailogos.deviantart.com/#/d51wl24

Bah, you copycat!

(kidding of course)

Very good stuff, I really like the coloring you've got so far (I'm rubbish with colored pencils). Can't wait to see the finished product!

OK guys. I am now back to work on this. I WILL have an update posted in the next week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast