We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PVP Saturday.... success?... meh.. maybe, but some fun nontheless

Thanks to all that came out this Saturday..... unfortunately it was not as successful as I'd hoped for, but at least it got things moving around a bit.

I know many in the Moors now don't know, or never experienced having actual games played in the moors (capture the flag, freeze tag, hide and seek, king of the mountain, etc.) and as such, coordinating this type of stuff, especially with the leacher's that were out at the time, is.... well as many of you know.... like herding cats.

Combine that with a vent server that was down, and a backup that was limited in joins and..... well as most of you know it turned out to be just more action... not that this is a bad thing of course.... just not what I'd hope to bring to all of you.

Sorry to any that were disappointed, and perhaps we can try again in the future.

The OP race was fun, and the epic cow death at GTA was an awesome site to behold. If somebody got a screen shot of that please post it here for all to see.

Here's hoping for as many fun times in the moors as possible and regardless of how we get there lets just get there!!!!

- M

The rumor is true... I've been a bad noodle........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAZAe6Ir1KE

Re: PVP Saturday.... success?... meh.. maybe, but some fun nontheless

Sounds like it was fun either way, too bad I was not on to join you guys. Sorry

Next time you should do some event where you capture OPs for an half hour and the side with the most OPs wins in the end
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001349d9/signature.png]Ibaren[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by GoldKoron View Post
    Sounds like it was fun either way, too bad I was not on to join you guys. Sorry

Next time you should do some event where you capture OPs for an half hour and the side with the most OPs wins in the end
    You were on, we watched you suicide into the one-shotters and when you did you took out 3 of our raid lol. Was the funniest thing I've ever seen: You, on fire and dripping poison, bouncing into the one shotters and then 3 guys, a good 15-20 meters behind you, dropping dead.

That aside, it was a fun night in its own way. Keeps were flipped, zergs happened, OC was completely annihilated several times for no real reason, for once the freeps had a well organized raid full of very competent players (awesome heals guys!) and the action was pretty intense at times. The TA diversion/ Lugz ninja attempt was my favorite part, we came soooo close.

Its a shame we couldn't get the games going, the OP race started off fun (for the creeps at least lol, me and the other 4 people defending plains OP were ready to die to the massive incoming creep raid) but things just sort of fell apart due to harassment from leachers... oh well, it turned out to be a fun night and hopefully we can get it going again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

It would've been great to have those games going, but it was still very fun regardless

Hopefully next time Those lechers might go and let some other people have some fun instead of ruining it for everyone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000125130/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ABC1231 View Post
    It would've been great to have those games going, but it was still very fun regardless

Hopefully next time Those lechers might go and let some other people have some fun instead of ruining it for everyone
    Really? Isn't the point of the moors to get points and screw everybody else?

At least that's what I was told.

By the time I logged on most freeps were in their jammies and off to bed, but the blue map was much appreciated. Wish it happened everyday. Sadly it is very rare like a full moon. Maybe happening once a month. I'm not sure it always fills up, but still gets credit for it... tricky moon.

NO open pvp zone will ever have flawless user made games without others interfering. You either need to bring some bodyguards or coordinate events privately which may defeat the purpose. In the end the whole point is to shake things up and get people moving around the zone. So if a failed day of player made games manages to spread the zone out and make pvp carnage all over the map then it is a failed day full of win.

For all the freeps on the late shift, much fun in those fights. There were many new faces, and some old, that did a good job of taking it to us. As far as I could tell their were 3-4 small freep groups roaming and when they all were in the same neighborhood it was a fun herd to fight.

-Bodybag

It may not have worked out perfectly as planned but still I had a great time. Many thanks to Mythic for putting this together! I'm definitely in for more scheduled mayhem, let me know and I'll gather the Redemption team

MOAR HEALERZ next time! Dant and I have carpul tunnel after being the only healers last night lol
    <3 Auntie Ada
    Adailia 85 Minstrel, Adahlia 85 Captain
    Adahline 75 Loremaster, Avaenna 75 Runekeeper
    Puppytoez the Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    You were on, we watched you suicide into the one-shotters and when you did you took out 3 of our raid lol. Was the funniest thing I've ever seen: You, on fire and dripping poison, bouncing into the one shotters and then 3 guys, a good 15-20 meters behind you, dropping dead.

That aside, it was a fun night in its own way. Keeps were flipped, zergs happened, OC was completely annihilated several times for no real reason, for once the freeps had a well organized raid full of very competent players (awesome heals guys!) and the action was pretty intense at times. The TA diversion/ Lugz ninja attempt was my favorite part, we came soooo close.

Its a shame we couldn't get the games going, the OP race started off fun (for the creeps at least lol, me and the other 4 people defending plains OP were ready to die to the massive incoming creep raid) but things just sort of fell apart due to harassment from leachers... oh well, it turned out to be a fun night and hopefully we can get it going again.
    Haha, I was on then talking to some friends, was not thinking and thought we owned the rez... I completely forgot about the event

However, we need to do more events so plan more up Mythic
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001349d9/signature.png]Ibaren[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Morris1 View Post
    I know many in the Moors now don't know, or never experienced having actual games played in the moors (capture the flag, freeze tag, hide and seek, king of the mountain, etc.) and as such, coordinating this type of stuff, especially with the leacher's that were out at the time, is.... well as many of you know.... like herding cats.
    Haha wow really?? So what you set up an event and if somone wants to pvp they HAVE to join your raid or its called leeching, what a joke, especially comming from somone who spends most of their time sitting behind everyone at the bridge casting BE and wizards fire
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

Epic Cow Graveyard

BEHOLD

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    Haha wow really?? So what you set up an event and if somone wants to pvp they HAVE to join your raid or its called leeching, what a joke, especially comming from somone who spends most of their time sitting behind everyone at the bridge casting BE and wizards fire
    I never mentioned you or even suggested you were part of any leeching so why the hostility or even a response from you unless you're just trolling along......

As for staying behind melee classes such as yourself..... isn't that why there are melee, ranged and tactical classes? I know you can't possibly be suggesting that LM's and the like be at the front lines because that would make you seem idiotic versus just troll like at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by -EdGeHiLL- View Post
    Epic Cow Graveyard

BEHOLD

Thanks so much!!!!!! That was truly a site to behold!!!!!!! Congrats to all that were a part of that destruction!!!

I never mentioned you or even suggested you were part of any leeching so why the hostility or even a response from you unless you're just trolling along......

As for staying behind melee classes such as yourself..... isn't that why there are melee, ranged and tactical classes? I know you can't possibly be suggesting that LM's and the like be at the front lines because that would make you seem idiotic versus just troll like at this point.
    I think he meant you have no guts out there, you sit in NPC's waiting for one or two creeps and waste CD's on them. Then back to your sweet ole' NPC's.

omfg! the cow pwnage is awesome! sorry i missed out.

no drama derail plz folks
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Legs813 View Post
    omfg! the cow pwnage is awesome! sorry i missed out.

no drama derail plz folks
    No, this server needs drama.

Quote Originally Posted by AEW View Post
    I think he meant you have no guts out there, you sit in NPC's waiting for one or two creeps and waste CD's on them. Then back to your sweet ole' NPC's.

Any class that has light armour is going to get taken down quick. If I played a LM, I would do the exact same thing.
    The main purpose of a LM is CC, not DPS, though they can do respectable damage, that is not their main purpose.

Both sides NPC hug anyways....

Creeps=TA
    Freeps=EC
    Last edited by Lightdeath; Jul 19 2011 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdeath View Post
    Any class that has light armour is going to get taken down quick. If I played a LM, I would do the exact same thing.
    The main purpose of a LM is CC, not DPS, though they can do respectable damage, that is not their main purpose.

Both sides NPC hug anyways....

Creeps=TA
    Freeps=EC
    CC in pvp? Really? Wish it was still effective.....

You got renown? Congrats dude means you did dps.....

Quote Originally Posted by -EdGeHiLL- View Post
    Epic Cow Graveyard

BEHOLD

When you told me to come quick to GTA I was expecting a zergball of creeps rolling over you....and not to have seen you rolled the cows...It was an amazing thing to see that is for sure
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n1RSLD4.jpg[/IMG]

O
    M
    G
    !
    !
    !

Helly your SO right! I never realized this before but... but... MYTHICMAN PLAYS LIKE A CREEP!!! He's a traitor!
    *Throws Javelin*

But seriously, who wouldn't hang out in NPC's? You can either be surrounded by sweaty orcs and wargs and covered in blood, or drinking ale next to the sexy elf and telling stories around the campfire. I'll pick the NPC's every time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

Dude your post is a troll post in itself, if it wasnt you wouldnt have needed to complain that there were leechers out just because they were not in your "event group" and so I voiced my opninion im sorry if that has hurt your feelings.... ya know Ive seen good LMs run around solo that rarely use npcs or hide behind other people, it is possible, heaven forbid you die more often in a PVP zone
    But seriously, who wouldn't hang out in NPC's? You can either be surrounded by sweaty orcs and wargs and covered in blood, or drinking ale next to the sexy elf and telling stories around the campfire. I'll pick the NPC's every time.
    PVP is supposed to be all out warfare, people shouldnt care about dying or any of that kind of stupid stuff they need to just have fun killing people and getting killed cz its just how the battle goes, ya die ya got rezed and jumped right back in, the main reason why pvp is so lame on FF is cz almost EVERYONE hugs npcs and is scared to die..... death is the name of the game deal with it as for myself I will continue to revel in my deaths as much as I do my kills
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    Dude your post is a troll post in itself, if it wasnt you wouldnt have needed to complain that there were leechers out just because they were not in your "event group" and so I voiced my opninion im sorry if that has hurt your feelings.... ya know Ive seen good LMs run around solo that rarely use npcs or hide behind other people, it is possible, heaven forbid you die more often in a PVP zone
    You seem to have it wrong. His issue and the issue of the raid was not that there were people hanging around outside of the group, that's not a problem. The problem was that an organized group of freeps showed up and wouldn't leave us the heck alone despite what we were doing and several requests that they stop. This group of Freeps was very aware that we had planned this event and both took advantage of it in a malicious way and disrupted our activities. This was our issue with them and the reason they are dubbed as "leachers", it is not because they weren't in Mytichmnas Super Elite Awesome Raid, but because they were essentially being jerks and disrupting many many players on both sides for the sake of their own precious, precious renown.

lulkaydude.
    I'm glad they were being jerks. You know how it feels to have somebody ### down in your raid now. No complaining please....

PS. What the ####?

Before this post gets locked...

Forget
    PS. What the ####?
    What the #### does the ### mean in...
    You know how it feels to have somebody ### down in your raid now. No complaining please....
    I can only think of so many 3 letter words...

-Bodybag

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast