We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help with leveling flow chart

*reposting* sicne i couldnt find a move option from the wrong forum.

Hi all. I used to play a while back and the lack on end game content kinda drove me away. HOWEVER I have recently come back I have heard great things about the community since lotro went FTP. I have leveled my champ through about half of evendim and while loving the zone I am starting to wonder what zone is next. I am a premium player with all xpacs and the only quest packs i didnt buy were northdowns and trollshaw(i think thats what its called). So as i couldnt find a post revamp flow chart of any kind im wondering what zones i should be at for which levels?? Kinda of like i know:
    Lonelands 18-30ish
    Evendim 30-40ish
    how would that look like post 40.

I was also very upset to see that while i bought the mirkwood xpac that only gives me the same 2 skirms that even FTP players have. I really like the trouble in tuck. skirmish are there any other like that or that are just very fun to play that would be a good investment int eh few TPs i have left?

Re: Help with leveling flow chart

Alrighty best as it follows there is content that will go slightly above or below the level ranges listed but this is a basic point of reference:

Starting area 1-10

Bree 11-20

Lone Lands/North Downs-- 20-30 (though they can float into almost the mid-30's)

Evendim/Trollshaws-- 30-40

Angmar/Misty Mountain/Forochel-- 40-50

Eregion-- High 40's- low 50's

Moria-- 50-60

Lothlorien-- 60+

Mirkwood-- 60-65

Enedwaith-- 65

Keeping that in mind, my general practice with a mind to the fact this is a bit VIP-centric as one can cherrypick from areas instead of do one zone heavily for lack of another, also factoring in I for the most part prefer to take a class until 65 before sinking my teeth into group-instance content on it:

Starting area until about 12-- i.e. can be thorough here

Bree until about 19-20 (a lot of cherrypicking done here, especially cutting out nearly all of the old-forest other then bombadil himself).

At 20-- Run the two skirmishes once to instantly hit 21.

Lone Lands-- All questing hubs west of Ost Guruth, in Ost Guruth pretty much epic storyline only-- somewhere around 26.

North Downs-- Esteldin and Othrikar-- Won't finish all of both but cherrypick through questlines to hit about 29.

29-- Start in on Oatbarton/Northcotton Farms.

31-41-- Evendim. At least one level can be gleaned from skirmishing as well.

41-44-- West Angmar

45-48-- Forochel (I mix a handful of misty mountains quests into both the Angmar and Forochel brackets, but this is mostly for varieties sake as you can easily skip the zone entirely).

48-- Hit up the Moria Prologue to get first pair of Legendary items

48-51 Eregion

52-58 Moria-- With Zelem Meleek and Foundations of Stone quests considerably glossed

59-61/62-- Lothlorien: This includes churning through the Volume 2 content that takes you back to Moria

62-65-- Mirkwood: You can hit it much sooner, but this is more a by-product of how far lothlorien can take you (since it's worth your time to hit at least ally with enough branches/leaves to get an item or two)

65-- Drop however much of Mirkwood is left and start in on Volume 3/Enedwaith. Do all of Volume 3 with a few regular zone quests mixed in.

Then the rest of 65 is spent bouncing between Enedwaith and Mirkwood finishing off content of both, using the barter items to supply a steady stream of consumables used for instance content.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000005b688/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My leveling on the upper end was a little different mainly because I was tired of some areas.

I got my legendary weapon at 45. Finished Volume 3, Book 1 to get my class item at 46.

I stayed in Eriador until 54. Went to Moria 54-56. Lothlorien 56-60. Mirkwood 60-62. Endewaith 62-65. I was bored to tears of Moria and Mirkwood.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

If you need a flowchart to level in LoTRO...you're probably playing the wrong game.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    If you need a flowchart to level in LoTRO...you're probably playing the wrong game.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer
    Especially within the last year or so. Theres "Go to this zone next" quests all over the place, and I think the game even gives you some right out of the "Gift" box you get on new characters.

Edit: Up til level 60 anyway, after that its sort of linear.
    Last edited by achromatis; Jul 17 2011 at 03:46 AM.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer
    Need and would like are completely different beasts. Presumably the original poster just prefers that more orderly visual approach to how leveling is laid out.

One can muddle around and work the natural progression of content with nary an issue, but may also in the process find themselves completely missing out on content that they may have enjoyed (Forochel for example is a great questing area not organically incorporated into progression (i.e. no "go check out what they are doing over there" triggers to open a zone).

Lord of the Rings is a fairly user-friendly and simple MMO appealing to a less hardcore playerbase. One can get along just fine without ever asking for help on anything. The same goes for working at one's class mechanics and how they function.

But should someone feel compelled to ask for a tidbit in a non-excessive, non ranting manner, then should it not be considered common courtesy to either offer an attempt at an answer of genuine intent or move-along without any need for pause.
    Last edited by Cyterian; Jul 17 2011 at 03:53 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000005b688/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Cyterian View Post
    (Forochel for example is a great questing area not organically incorporated into progression (i.e. no "go check out what they are doing over there" triggers to open a zone).
    Been a while since I was questing through those levels, but there is a quest to go to Forochel, so your example fails to support your point.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Been a while since I was questing through those levels, but there is a quest to go to Forochel, so your example fails to support your point.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer
    And you totally ignore everything else Cyterian said. If you have nothing useful to add, then don't post at all.
    I like ice cream.

...there is a quest to go to Forochel, so your example fails to support your point.
    Thank you for that keen observation, Captain Semantics.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=dimgray]::: [SIZE=3][URL="http://waywatchersofcardolan.guildportal.com"][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]W[/SIZE]aywatchers of [SIZE=4]C[/SIZE]ardolan[/COLOR][/URL] [SIZE=2]:[/SIZE] [URL="http://palantiri.guildportal.com"][COLOR=LightBlue][SIZE=4]T[/SIZE]he [SIZE=4]P[/SIZE]alantiri[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE] :::[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/balgr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Balgr Snowmantle[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Curmudgeon[/COLOR] :[SIZE=4][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/saladoc/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Saladoc Willowleaf[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Stick-in-the-mud[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ciruth/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Ciruth of Gondor[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=Silver]: Itinerant Scholar[/COLOR] : [COLOR=LemonChiffon][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/halvr/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Halvr[/COLOR][/URL], [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/khasi/"][COLOR=LemonChiffon]Khasi Flamebrow[/COLOR][/URL], and [COLOR=LemonChiffon]Kholi[/COLOR][COLOR=Silver]: At your service![/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][URL="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/MrPinstripes/FFXI%20Stuff/AustrevenMH21409.jpg"][COLOR=dimgray]Austreven[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=3][COLOR=#303030].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]of Cobalt (Bismarck)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

"Need and would like are completely different beasts. Presumably the original poster just prefers that more orderly visual approach to how leveling is laid out. "

That was exactly what/why i was asking.

I had just started playing on my champ who I hadnt touched in over a year so i was just curious what zones i was gonna hit and which are either or zones kinda like northdowns (which on my new RK i never touched) and lone lands.

Thanks for the awesome flow chat cyterian, i even bookmarked it because i like to look thing up about the quests before i reach the zone.

I have to be honest here, but when someone wants a flow chart or asks questions like "where should I be now?" then I can't help but feel that they're missing something important. Do what feels natural in the game. You can not mess up your character forever by doing something wrong. Getting to the end game can be more fun than the end game. So don't try to rush through things and instead take your time, don't put yourself on a schedule like this is a training program.

If you are doing a quest and it is interesting, then do it instead of wondering if you should be somewhere else at your level. There are not hard level ranges. You can do Evendim from level 27 to 43 if you want, or from 32 to 38. Or you can even decide to leave and come back at level 50 and do the quests when they no longer give XP. It should be up to you and not due to someone else's advice.

I know this is very different from other MMOs and MMO communities. In other games players will come right out and tell you that you're a noob if you're not questing in the right place. But it doesn't matter here. This is a game and the goal is to have fun. Of course, if your idea of fun is to have everything planned out in advance then go for that too.

Good luck.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer
    I normally agree with your comments, but this one just contributed nothing to the thread except flame bait.
    [b]The thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.” - J.R.R. Tolkien[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by josh13333 View Post
    I normally agree with your comments, but this one just contributed nothing to the thread except flame bait.
    Lohi said essentially the same in more words.

The personal attacks in response should worry you more. Those are actually against forum rules.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer