We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Way to represent Pontly!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilduck13 View Post
    Body...

I think I may love you, will you marry me?

*school girl giggle*

<3
    OK, but I want a really nice honeymoon. Something tropical.

And as a disclaimer: If you turn out to have a wiener I'm taking my balls and going home... with half of everything! (you never know gender with the internet)

-Bodybag

Alright, I'm gonna say everything exactly as it happened.

I go to the moors a lot.. and camp rezzes a lot. In all honesty I can say that I made that 102k fair and square. If I had farmed it.. trust me, I would have been caught. Many people who have seen me in the moors know that I spend a ton of time in there. Every day I make a goal for myself to make at least 10k. I obtain more or less depending on the 'quality' of the moors that day. I really don't think I could have managed to sneak so much renown in 'illegally'.

Amstel hit it right on. I am one of those people who is never satisfied.. and yes, I did get a bit greedy: I tried farming for the first time. It was Moors Event day at the time.. and I figured it would really be beneficial to me to use the opportunity (although it had not begun yet but was soon bound to). That day in terms of renown had gone terrible for me. Throughout the morning and afternoon I managed to rack up a meager 3k... which made me even more eager to begin this experiment. I must have been pretty silly to attempt it at 10 in the evening when the moors were full of activity. But, I did not know any better. The area being Grams did not help. I was bound to get caught. Heck there was even a creep right in the spot I was planning to farm in when I arrived. I took care of him, but he did not retreat.. his body lying still with watchful eyes. Amstel must have arrived a bit later than this occured to not see the combat message all in red. Anyway, that's unimportant. I relied on the fact that a sibling had lent me his account earlier that day.. it surely wouldn't have been possible without it. And so I logged onto his Reaver, unranked.. named 'Dushe' (chose reaver cause the ability to charge would just save me time). Turning down the graphics on both screens to 'Low' to avoid having this old laptop overheat, I was all ready. I took a left, out of the Grams starting area, and ran all the way to the area in which you can see me in the screenies. When I got there, it was time to bring the ol' guard to the spot. And bring him I did. I first took care of the other lowbie creep I mentioned.. then stood right by Dushe. Of course I didn't want to get caught, so I cleverly put the reaver to auto-attack Pontly.. to make it 'look' like a spar at the very least. Pontly defeated Dushe. 110ish renown. Very easy.. back for round two! I retreated on the reaver, ran back the same way, and repeated my actions. After about 5ish kills I noticed the renown the reaver gave me diminished severely.. I was getting about half as much as I did from the first few kills. The solution was too simple: remake the reaver. And so I deleted, and made, a Dushe. I think I only managed one kill before I saw Amstel's message in creepside OOC. It freaked me out.. I somehow wasn't expecting to get caught beside all my faults. As soon as I saw it, I logged Pontly off instantly, not wanting to get pounced. Soon after I logged off Dushe too, but not before seeing some negative remarks made about me creepside. There goes my reputation, I thought. I deleted Dushe, hoping it would help destroy some of the evidence. I waited a bit before relogging on Pontly, figuring some of my discoverors were looking for me. After a bit, I came back and mapped to GV. Sometime later.. one of Amstel's freepside characters messaged me a ''. I was like.. oh shoot.. there's no escaping that guy! And so I lied a bit.. hoping I could still get away... still trying to disguise it as a spar with a friend. I also knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him what I'm telling you all now. So I chose the easier path out. Feeling guilty and confused, I retired for the night, but with a new plan.. to give it another shot, but this time at 6 in the morning. I apoligize for lying to you, Amstel.

I woke up early that morning shaking with impatience. I was convinced no one could catch me this time at so early an hour. I must have not realized it was a weekend morning. When I logged onto the other account, I chose a different name for a fresh new reaver.. 'Reavercoolz'. When I loaded.. at first I saw nothing but an unranked spider at grams and thought aha.. the coast is clear. A little later though I saw Navajas and Vicarious in OOC and a few others from BG prowling around and thought.. ****. I decided to make the farming spot even farther north this time.. you can see the mini cliff above me in the screenies.. that's where I had a mind to do it this time. I think I only got two kills off this time. It was an epic fail. Before I knew it, Vicarious was standing right there staring at me. In a panic, I decided to make it seem like Pontly is standing motionless and AFK and my reaver is the one hacking at him. Soon a bunch of creeps came and massacred the dwarf. I desperately tried to disguise the whole thing but to no avail. They knew I was trying to farm.. one of them linked the phrase 'Pontly defeated Reavercoolz' and commented 'no.. I don't think he was afk'. I didn't retreat manually but let the clock tick down instead... as if I really was away. I logged soon after.. knowing that in the length of a single night, I had become Pontly the farmer. I apoligize for lying to the 6:00 creeps.

I really regret ever attempting these two farming attempts. Truth be told, I don't even think I made 1k renown in total from farming - I'd recycle it if I could. I know I shouldn't have let my greed and curiosity force to me give this cheap method of gaining renown a try. It was an epic fail. I could never have guessed that it is so easy to get caught farming. The whole thing has revealed something about me.. that I am capable of being a cheat. My reputation has sunk greatly - I apoligize for causing this drama.

If you don't believe any of this, then don't. I'm not going to start making up stories on the forums of the game I love to play. But.. go ahead and put spies on every corner of the Ettenmoors map at every hour of the day. You won't see me farming, because in truth.. I am not a farmer. At the same time my renown will keep going up by a degree similar to the degree it has before this incident.

If you don't like me for what I did.. I understand, keep on doing your /laugh or /rude at me. If you still believe I'm a farmer.. I understand.. a man who has tried a cigarette once can still be labeled as a 'smoker'. I just wish I hadn't tried that cigarette though.

Don't label me before you read this post.

-Pontly
    Karns - NEC - Silverlode

Truth Diarrhea. Props.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000006dde4/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [B][SIZE="3"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][COLOR="red"]BLASTY.[/COLOR][COLOR="orange"]PESSOT.[/COLOR][COLOR="yellow"]SPETSO.[/COLOR][COLOR="lime"]HANKY.[/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]REVS.[/COLOR][COLOR="purple"]FF.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

whoa man way to own up to your mistakes. mad respect for that. im indiferrent on the farming issue, does renown mean anything? do freeps get a win button at r15? that would be sweet.

oh and foxie, you wound me dear. i am stricked with grief at your obvious betrayal and am going to bury myself in a pint of chunky monkey now.
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Well said, Pontly.

Unlike other farmers this server has seen, while still depressing that it even occurs, it's refreshing to see someone own up and admit mistake. Props to you, and keep making that renown.

As for the emotes earlier today, I apologize. Farming really gets to me.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=Impact][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][B][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Teal][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000400e3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=SandyBrown][SIZE=2][I][FONT=Book Antiqua]"West, North, and South the children of Men spread and wandered, and their joy was the joy of the morning before the dew is dry, when every leaf is green." [/FONT][/I][FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys]- [FONT=Arial][B]The Silmarillion[/B][/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][/FONT] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nasty/"][COLOR=SlateGray][FONT=Hurry Up]Minstrel[/FONT][/COLOR][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/evilblasty/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Rune-keeper[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/balbaroids/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Champion[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nastier/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Captain[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/inuke/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Hunter[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]|[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/firefoot/nastiest/"][FONT=Hurry Up][COLOR=SlateGray]Warden[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Karndastor View Post

I go to the moors a lot.. and camp rezzes a lot. In all honesty I can say that I made that 102k fair and square. If I had farmed it.. trust me, I would have been caught. Many people who have seen me in the moors know that I spend a ton of time in there. Every day I make a goal for myself to make at least 10k. I obtain more or less depending on the 'quality' of the moors that day. I really don't think I could have managed to sneak so much renown in 'illegally'.

-Pontly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UG7ISJfP0

oh man.... i cant believe im going to have to +rep to helly. i mean after that awesome link i kinda have to......ugh
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Legs813 View Post
    oh man.... i cant believe im going to have to +rep to helly. i mean after that awesome link i kinda have to......ugh
    Helly? Where? I don't like that guy....

Eh....
    Everyone makes mistakes. :P

I think we should make Pontly walk through Bree naked as punishment for his crime.
    Last edited by cliebo; Jul 19 2011 at 10:12 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000012830c/signature.png]Clieby[/charsig]
    Clieby - 75 Warden Rank 11 / Cliebo 75 Champion Rank 8 / Clieba - 65 Loremaster Rank 5
    Cliebi - 75 Minstrel Rank 5 / Cliebe - 65 Rune-keeper Rank 4 / Clieb - 65 Hunter Rank 3
    Cliebs - 65 Burglar Rank 1 / Cliebx - 65 Captain Rank 0 / Cliebu - 58 Guardian Rank 0

Lies. He should only run Sword and Board and drop Overpower for 4 weeks!
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdeath View Post
    Eh....
    Everyone makes mistakes. :P
    So with that, I could go kill a man and say "Oh, well everybody makes mistakes" and get off, right?

im indiferrent on the farming issue, does renown mean anything? do freeps get a win button at r15?
    You must know of the infamous 10 minute brand that can be used in combat. In most games control and immunity to it are your most powerful tools.

June 5th-
    'Akhuluns Brand of the Tyrant' is bugged. It does not work in combat as it should. The freep one works in combat, but for creeps it doesn`t.. can post screen if you need it..
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-higher-ranked

So yes, for those that got it Freeps def got it pretty sweet atm in various variables besides this one.

Pontly I for one and deeply hurt by what you did. I have no respect for you anymore. Very shameful!!! O and i mean cause you apologized to these epeen people on the forums not for farming. Dude if u wanna farm go for it. If ppl find you then you move or comeback later. If your bored and feel like doing it for little bit then go ahead sir, you paid your hard earned money to play the way you want (yes turbine allows it so stop saying its wrong). If you can make people get all worked up on the forums, then u know u have done something right

Pessot you have no idea how long i been waiting to see that video again. Seems like its been a year. I made sure i bookmarked it this time.

If i really care what anyone thought about how i play a game, i would have been rank15 years ago. I can easily almost rip off 10k an hr. So 10k a day would make me r15 in one year. You have no idea how much sometimes i wanted to do this just to make sholeh balbaroy an nasty sit in a corner an cry an complain. Sadly i hardly farm much because i do enjoy pouncing phillynot at tr rez on my warg and suicide charging pokey,nihl,dookee on my minstrel
    Turks 1 Moors 0
    Last edited by mdafurball; Jul 19 2011 at 01:11 PM.

Props to Pontly for facing the music and his learning that respect is something that is earned cannot be farmed.

But he still deserves a little spanking. :P
    [color=orange]Flimlin - Linsdor - Lutar - Togoras - Welki[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by AEW View Post
    So with that, I could go kill a man and say "Oh, well everybody makes mistakes" and get off, right?
    I'm not saying that anyone should get a "get out of jail" card. :P Of course, the punishment fits the crime.

I just know Pontly isn't this type of guy and that people shouldn't view him as a farmer.

whoa man way to own up to your mistakes. mad respect for that. im indiferrent on the farming issue, does renown mean anything? do freeps get a win button at r15? that would be sweet.
    unless I'm mistaken, allegedly the RoI PVP armor will now have their stats tier up with rank. was this ever confirmed?

also, the rank next to your name means you are better or worse than other people. never forget that unless you outrank me

Rhyno, Father of Gamblers

Back to the title, way to represent yourself, Pontly. Well done, sorry it went sour at the beginning.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001a4f38/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by rmr7 View Post
    unless I'm mistaken, allegedly the RoI PVP armor will now have their stats tier up with rank. was this ever confirmed?

also, the rank next to your name means you are better or worse than other people. never forget that unless you outrank me
    Pokeyariz is rank 11, almost rank 12. Therefore he is almost 2 ranks better than you...
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000161d09/signature.png]Friskyvenom[/charsig]
    [size=-2][B][I]Evandar[/I][/B], Hunter, [Color=Cyan]Rank 9[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evansil[/I][/B], Rune-Keeper, [Color=Cyan]Rank 7[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evandazi[/I][/B], Champion, [Color=Cyan]Rank 4[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evandove[/I][/B], Lore Master, [Color=Cyan]Rank 4[/Color][/size]
    [size=-2][B][I]Friskyvenom[/B][/I], [Color=Red]Rank 10[/Color] Spider ~ [B][I]Friskyorcling[/I][/B], [Color=Red]Rank 7[/Color] Reaver ~ [B][I]Friskypuppy[/I][/B], [Color=Red]Rank 6[/Color] Warg ~ [B][I]Friskyfungi[/B][/I], [Color=Red]Rank 5[/Color] Defiler[/center][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdeath View Post
    I'm not saying that anyone should get a "get out of jail" card. :P Of course, the punishment fits the crime.

I just know Pontly isn't this type of guy and that people shouldn't view him as a farmer.
    He farmed, it may have only been once, but for me he is a farmer.

Everyone has done something in their life that they are not proud of or are even ashamed of and wish they could take back, does anyone really have the right to cast a stone at someone for making a mistake? (a so called mistake even seeing as it took place in a video game and has no real effect on real life and it was not something that was moraly wrong). Seeing as this community values earning rank and not farming pontly did the right thing by owning up to his alleged shortcoming and gave an accurate account of what transpired as well as an apology for his actions. Isn't it the better thing and the more mature for that matter to forgive and forget then to place a negative label on someone? What if we all had labels on our heads for every mistake we have ever made for everyone to see, do any of us want to be judged from then on based on a one time mistake? Pontly i respect how you put yourself on the line even further by making that post /salute your attitude towards the whole thing, keep on fighting out there.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/9/9/1/6/109916ajJZH.png[/img][/url]
    [color=red]BloodLine[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by vegout4ever View Post
    Back to the title, way to represent yourself, Pontly. Well done, sorry it went sour at the beginning.
    Hey buddy nice to see you

Quote Originally Posted by TurinDreadHelm View Post
    Everyone has done something in their life that they are not proud of or are even ashamed of and wish they could take back, does anyone really have the right to cast a stone at someone for making a mistake? (a so called mistake even seeing as it took place in a video game and has no real effect on real life and it was not something that was moraly wrong). Seeing as this community values earning rank and not farming pontly did the right thing by owning up to his alleged shortcoming and gave an accurate account of what transpired as well as an apology for his actions. Isn't it the better thing and the more mature for that matter to forgive and forget then to place a negative label on someone? What if we all had labels on our heads for every mistake we have ever made for everyone to see, do any of us want to be judged from then on based on a one time mistake? Pontly i respect how you put yourself on the line even further by making that post /salute your attitude towards the whole thing, keep on fighting out there.
    Well put. Pontly is still a very good player and I think he has learned from his mistake. We should all try to give him another chance or at least time to make amends with his actions from here on out.

I mean really, its not like he's Turks or something.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

@ Body send me a /tell in game k?

@ Legs you will always be my special hobbit

@ Pontly I must say that takes a REAL DWARF to own up to what happened, and to apologize for it. /salute to you
    As punishment I like the idea of sword and board in the moors for the next 4 weeks, maybe then I'll get some dwarf kbs...right!

Everyone is allowed their own opinion. I do not agree with Turks, as I'm sure most people do not. So when he is in the Moors I have a good laugh at his expense. Watching him constantly run off saving his own skin, as his duo partner becomes warg food to me and others feasting on the flesh of the forgotten...it is priceless

Yes this is a video game..but look how much time and effort you have spent "just playing a game" it obviously means more then that to a lot of people. Just my two cents worth...Let the games continue. See you all out there on the battlefield
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n1RSLD4.jpg[/IMG]

Thumbs down Re: Way to represent Pontly!!

It's like watching a con artist at work. Bait and switch, they took the hook, line, and sinker.

Good luck removing your new brand.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Karndastor View Post

Amstel hit it right on. I am one of those people who is never satisfied.. and yes, I did get a bit greedy: I tried farming for the first time. It was Moors Event day at the time.. and I figured it would really be beneficial to me to use the opportunity (although it had not begun yet but was soon bound to). That day in terms of renown had gone terrible for me. Throughout the morning and afternoon I managed to rack up a meager 3k... which made me even more eager to begin this experiment. I must have been pretty silly to attempt it at 10 in the evening when the moors were full of activity. But, I did not know any better. The area being Grams did not help. I was bound to get caught. Heck there was even a creep right in the spot I was planning to farm in when I arrived. I took care of him, but he did not retreat.. his body lying still with watchful eyes. Amstel must have arrived a bit later than this occured to not see the combat message all in red. Anyway, that's unimportant. I relied on the fact that a sibling had lent me his account earlier that day.. it surely wouldn't have been possible without it. And so I logged onto his Reaver, unranked.. named 'Dushe' (chose reaver cause the ability to charge would just save me time). Turning down the graphics on both screens to 'Low' to avoid having this old laptop overheat, I was all ready. I took a left, out of the Grams starting area, and ran all the way to the area in which you can see me in the screenies. When I got there, it was time to bring the ol' guard to the spot. And bring him I did. I first took care of the other lowbie creep I mentioned.. then stood right by Dushe. Of course I didn't want to get caught, so I cleverly put the reaver to auto-attack Pontly.. to make it 'look' like a spar at the very least. Pontly defeated Dushe. 110ish renown. Very easy.. back for round two! I retreated on the reaver, ran back the same way, and repeated my actions. After about 5ish kills I noticed the renown the reaver gave me diminished severely.. I was getting about half as much as I did from the first few kills. The solution was too simple: remake the reaver. And so I deleted, and made, a Dushe. I think I only managed one kill before I saw Amstel's message in creepside OOC. It freaked me out.. I somehow wasn't expecting to get caught beside all my faults. As soon as I saw it, I logged Pontly off instantly, not wanting to get pounced. Soon after I logged off Dushe too, but not before seeing some negative remarks made about me creepside. There goes my reputation, I thought. I deleted Dushe, hoping it would help destroy some of the evidence. I waited a bit before relogging on Pontly, figuring some of my discoverors were looking for me. After a bit, I came back and mapped to GV. Sometime later.. one of Amstel's freepside characters messaged me a ''. I was like.. oh shoot.. there's no escaping that guy! And so I lied a bit.. hoping I could still get away... still trying to disguise it as a spar with a friend. I also knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him what I'm telling you all now. So I chose the easier path out. Feeling guilty and confused, I retired for the night, but with a new plan.. to give it another shot, but this time at 6 in the morning. I apoligize for lying to you, Amstel.

I woke up early that morning shaking with impatience. I was convinced no one could catch me this time at so early an hour. I must have not realized it was a weekend morning. When I logged onto the other account, I chose a different name for a fresh new reaver.. 'Reavercoolz'. When I loaded.. at first I saw nothing but an unranked spider at grams and thought aha.. the coast is clear. A little later though I saw Navajas and Vicarious in OOC and a few others from BG prowling around and thought.. ****. I decided to make the farming spot even farther north this time.. you can see the mini cliff above me in the screenies.. that's where I had a mind to do it this time. I think I only got two kills off this time. It was an epic fail. Before I knew it, Vicarious was standing right there staring at me. In a panic, I decided to make it seem like Pontly is standing motionless and AFK and my reaver is the one hacking at him. Soon a bunch of creeps came and massacred the dwarf. I desperately tried to disguise the whole thing but to no avail. They knew I was trying to farm.. one of them linked the phrase 'Pontly defeated Reavercoolz' and commented 'no.. I don't think he was afk'. I didn't retreat manually but let the clock tick down instead... as if I really was away. I logged soon after.. knowing that in the length of a single night, I had become Pontly the farmer. I apoligize for lying to the 6:00 creeps.

I really regret ever attempting these two farming attempts. Truth be told, I don't even think I made 1k renown in total from farming - I'd recycle it if I could. I know I shouldn't have let my greed and curiosity force to me give this cheap method of gaining renown a try. It was an epic fail. I could never have guessed that it is so easy to get caught farming. The whole thing has revealed something about me.. that I am capable of being a cheat. My reputation has sunk greatly - I apoligize for causing this drama.

If you don't believe any of this, then don't. I'm not going to start making up stories on the forums of the game I love to play. But.. go ahead and put spies on every corner of the Ettenmoors map at every hour of the day. You won't see me farming, because in truth.. I am not a farmer. At the same time my renown will keep going up by a degree similar to the degree it has before this incident.

If you don't like me for what I did.. I understand, keep on doing your /laugh or /rude at me. If you still believe I'm a farmer.. I understand.. a man who has tried a cigarette once can still be labeled as a 'smoker'. I just wish I hadn't tried that cigarette though.

Don't label me before you read this post.

-Pontly

Ok you were caught 2 times, 1 by me the other by Amstel
    Owning up to doing it props to you,
    Did you do it more?There is no other proof so we will have to take your word which isnt very high on my trust list,
    Do you not fight a usual good fight? Yes what few times i have crossed your path or your path crossed mine
    This big blob of letters you posted i used to requote with just reminds me of, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ckI...&feature=share

Respect from me will never be gained again

Dull
    He that breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast