We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Relic Removal Scroll

Hi,
    Those scrolls are on sale now so I tohught I'd ask just to be 100% sure: does this scroll remove ALL relics slotted in an item (except crafted of course)? Or does it remove ONE selected relic from an item (except crafted)?
    I don't need scrolls now but I thought they might come in handy at later levels...

Re: Relic Removal Scroll

They remove all relics with the exception of the crafted ones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000cc789/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thank you for quick answer. Looks like I'll buy a few

Quote Originally Posted by difens View Post
    Thank you for quick answer. Looks like I'll buy a few
    It looks like you're level 53. If you have higher level toons, please ignore my note.

But if you are level 53, then it will probably be a while before you have any relics worth recovering. IMHO, the only relics worth salvaging are the exceptional ones, and maybe (just maybe) the Tier 6's.

Given that, you'll probably sit on these removal scrolls for months. The current sale is only a 20 TP discount. I don't think it's worth it.

EDIT: discount is only 20 TPs.
    Last edited by anteku; Jul 16 2011 at 12:54 AM.

Why these don't pull the crafted one as well is beyond me. Jeesh you are paying $2 for the service, at least save me the trouble of running out to the Skuttledells.
    "Argle-bargle morble whoosh?"

I never even knew this existed. Are these available in game?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000071471/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[url]www.myspace.com/despitetheseeyes[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by ashesofatrocity View Post
    I never even knew this existed. Are these available in game?
    Nope, those are store-only ((((

Quote Originally Posted by Svalgrim View Post

I cant stand when they do that. It just makes me not want to use the store even more.

Thanks for the quick reply though XD.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000071471/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[url]www.myspace.com/despitetheseeyes[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Svalgrim View Post
    I can confirm that they do drop in-game, but with a rarity on par with stat-tomes, so effectively, they are store-only.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    I can confirm that they do drop in-game, but with a rarity on par with stat-tomes, so effectively, they are store-only.
    You are the only person to make this claim. Where did you get one?

A screen shot would be nice showing that it is not bound would be nice. All the in game scrolls can be sold, traded and mailed. The store ones are all bound to the account.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post

A screen shot would be nice showing that it is not bound would be nice. All the in game scrolls can be sold, traded and mailed. The store ones are all bound to the account.
    I don't know whether they drop in game, but they were given away in a couple lotteries at one point - one of the best items given out on the lotteries. Similar to many other store items won in the lotto - they are not bound. I do wish they stacked, though as I'm holding onto them to use on my Main's LIs when it's time to decon them. I will very rarely see these lotto scrolls on the AH.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

I've never seen one either. Other way to maybe get unbound would be lottery, did they ever put those up for lottery prizes?

Even if they may drop off mobs/chests, the rarity must be such that for all intents and purposes they dont drop.
    Must be when there is only one guy claiming it, but at least I have heard stat tomes be offered ingame, so rarity must be worse than for those.

They do not drop. If a GM hands them out as part of a lottery/game event is a different story.

Aside from the above, the relic removal scrolls are only obtainable from the store. The following are also only available from the store:

1. icmr/icpr pots with seperate CD from craftable/bartered pots
    2. variety of debuff removal scrolls
    3. unique top tier relics for LIs

They were introduced as part of a dev diary a while back and were discussed on Bullroarer forums. Turbine would not change them from store-only.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000916a6/01007/signature.png]Redrider[/charsig]

Wasn't my drop, so I don't have all the juicy drop details. See Below.

--A number of kinmates have them in an unbound form from 'lottery winning'. ; But the scroll I was referring to was a linked 'yellow' drop item.

... I've grepped my logs and am looking to get in touch with a couple of players who linked them. I'll respond again with complete documentation if I can get it.

Wasn't my drop, so I don't have all the juicy drop details.
    I asked around. None of my friends are heard of or seen an in game drop of a Relic Removal scroll. A few of them had the lottery scrolls back before the EU migration began.

It would be nice to know if they really drop in game. What kind of content they were found in. IMHO - Sadly even if they drop in game - it is more a marketing ploy - they will be like the stat tomes - yeah they drop in game - so rarely - if you want em - the store is the only viable option. I am going to need 14 relic removal scrolls.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Unfortunately I've got a grand total of 2 players who could have been the person to link the item. I've left both of them mails and not gotten a reply yet. Hopefully I'll hear something. Perhaps we can get someone at Turbine to tell us if they are in-fact in the loot tables.

I remember the cooking recipe fiasco all too well.

--A number of kinmates have them in an unbound form from 'lottery winning'. ; But the scroll I was referring to was a linked 'yellow' drop item.
    I have to upload the ss, but the item from the lottery was actually a yellow item and not the normal white similar to other store items via the lottery.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    I have to upload the ss, but the item from the lottery was actually a yellow item and not the normal white similar to other store items via the lottery.
    All lottery store-items that I've seen are white. ; I'll be happy to ask around. Perhaps there were multiple lotteries and turbine selected a different item ID when setting up the two lotteries?

Either way, I'm still waiting to hear from Turbine or a player who's experienced it.

All lottery store-items that I've seen are white. ; I'll be happy to ask around. Perhaps there were multiple lotteries and turbine selected a different item ID when setting up the two lotteries?

Either way, I'm still waiting to hear from Turbine or a player who's experienced it.
    Um, that's why I posted to let you know that the lottery item was a yellow item and not a white. I have two from the lotteries sitting in one of my vaults and double-checked it to make sure it was the case.

I don't know whether they drop in game, but they were given away in a couple lotteries at one point - one of the best items given out on the lotteries. Similar to many other store items won in the lotto - they are not bound. I do wish they stacked, though as I'm holding onto them to use on my Main's LIs when it's time to decon them. I will very rarely see these lotto scrolls on the AH.

Um, that's why I posted to let you know that the lottery item was a yellow item and not a white. I have two from the lotteries sitting in one of my vaults and double-checked it to make sure it was the case.
    I've got a kin-mate testifiyng that they won, and the scroll was white which matches what I remember. Unfortunately the one person on right now who won, used theirs just recently or I'd screenshot it. I'm certainly looking into who still has a white one they won I can document further.

I've got a kin-mate testifiyng that they won, and the scroll was white which matches what I remember. Unfortunately the one person on right now who won, used theirs just recently or I'd screenshot it. I'm certainly looking into who still has a white one they won I can document further.
    I've tracked down some yellow lottery winners, but I'm still looking for the white scrolls I remember.

One of the two people who linked in GLFF got back to me

From my in-game-Mail:
    Gilvenath-Riddermark: "I must have got it about 6 months ago, so i don't know the exact mob, but if it interests you it was a mob drop.", Unfortunately they were not paying enough attention, or the information didnt stick.

I suspect it was either 6man or open-landscape content, because raiding isn't all that common on our server.

The scroll does not drop from mobs.

Aside from the store, the only way to get this scroll is either from a lottery or a GM spawning it.

Search dev posts for recent dev diaries regarding the lotro store. The change came along with the removal of the option to unslot relics on LI reforges (LI revamp phase A I believe). Turbine made a note in that diary that they consider relics to be consumables from that point on and the relic unslotting mechanic will only be made available through the scroll in the store.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000916a6/01007/signature.png]Redrider[/charsig]