We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Opal/Bloodstone drop location?

Hi..
    Is there a location where is higher percentage of Opal/Bloodstone drop from mobs? I know I should harvest Silver, Opal, Bloodstone but they are so rare. What I see in AH Opals and Bloodstones are so expensive these days.

Re: Opal/Bloodstone drop location?

Quote Originally Posted by shann81 View Post
    Hi..
    Is there a location where is higher percentage of Opal/Bloodstone drop from mobs? I know I should harvest Silver, Opal, Bloodstone but they are so rare. What I see in AH Opals and Bloodstones are so expensive these days.
    Any Breeland humanoid mob (Brigands, Orcs, Wights) is the areas where Silver spawns will have a chance at dropping these.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

To be honest, I've had a much higher drop rate from ore deposits than from mobs, but the Humaniods in Bree ought to do the trick.
    ~ Warlargar - Warg - R5 ~
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002056ca/01008/signature.png] undefined [/charsig]
    "Dark sarcasm ought to be taught in schools." - Commander Samuel Vimes - Terry Pratchett - Night Watch.

I used to find lots of them when mining barrow ingot, and yes the humanoids around Bree are full of them
    .]

I'll have to test this theory out. For the record though, I just mined ore for about 3 hours in the Greenfields area (Barrow and Silver ore) and I think I ended up with an ostounding 3-4 Bloodstones for my efforts. That's pretty sad. That's roughly 300 ore and I didn't do much better on Bree Flax Fibre from harvesting well over 200 Ash in the same area.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Sandybux View Post
    I'll have to test this theory out. For the record though, I just mined ore for about 3 hours in the Greenfields area (Barrow and Silver ore) and I think I ended up with an ostounding 3-4 Bloodstones for my efforts. That's pretty sad. That's roughly 300 ore and I didn't do much better on Bree Flax Fibre from harvesting well over 200 Ash in the same area.

_
    I recommend farming when there aren't so many people online, the ore spawns faster and you have a higher percentage rate of getting the gems. Worked for me at least
    .]

I was farming Silver/Barrow Iron for about hour and get only about 40silver/3opals/2bloodstones. I occasionaly kill some humanoids/wights but get no stones! Maybe I should kill signature/elite mobs..
    From 40 silver I got just 20 ingots, then 10 silver rings (10ingots*6 + 5stones*4=80points) and I need 560 points! If I just farm ingredients this way it could take me about 7 hours! :-o
    Anyway I bought additional expensive bloodstones from AH and have +50% accelerator scroll so I will beat it soon..

I'm just wondering it's so difficult to master journeyman for jeweller (and scholar). It's strange later levels Expert, Artisan are easier because you can always find some grinding location (enough ingredients). For instance.. I have about 100 adamants from just questing/grinding orcs in north-downs with my main character.
    Last edited by shann81; Jul 13 2011 at 04:27 AM.

Did the drop rate change with the last patch? I levelled a jeweller not so long ago, and there was no shortage of opals. Not quite so many bloodstones, but a lot of opals. I've also seen AH prices on my server go through the roof on rubies and sapphires (next tier up), while you can't give away adamants (tier after that).

Quote Originally Posted by Chanah View Post
    Did the drop rate change with the last patch? I levelled a jeweller not so long ago, and there was no shortage of opals. Not quite so many bloodstones, but a lot of opals. I've also seen AH prices on my server go through the roof on rubies and sapphires (next tier up), while you can't give away adamants (tier after that).
    It might have to do with how many people on your server are a certain tier. With the influx of free players and new subbers, the average crafter might (at this point) need rubies and sapphires, which drives the prices up. Maybe, in a few weeks/months, the prices of adamants will go up because those same players will be up a tier.

Then again, I could be reading waaaaay too much supply/demand into your AH trends.
    ~ Warlargar - Warg - R5 ~
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002056ca/01008/signature.png] undefined [/charsig]
    "Dark sarcasm ought to be taught in schools." - Commander Samuel Vimes - Terry Pratchett - Night Watch.

In the southern bree fields where there are a ton of brigands, they drop quite a bit of opals and bloodstones. Also in the Cirith Nur Encampment, if you kill the Tarkrips (not the signatures) they drop bloodstones. And the supply crates contain some blood stones.

I would also look in the lone lands around the Weathertop area, I have found silver and burrow iron deposits there as well.
    ~ Odball of Arkenstone