We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Server Differences

Does anyone creep or freep on other servers? If so, do you notice a difference of overall play styles on the servers you frequent? It seems when I leave FF I find a very different play style. Good or Bad, wherever I seem to go I find more aggression. Do we play light or do other servers throw caution to the wind and go for PvP broke?

-Bodybag

Re: Server Differences

Servers: Elendilimir/Windfola/Brandywine/Silverlode

E/B: Seem the closest to ZergRaidFarm methods employed by the Euro Servers. It was nice for ranking but terrible for learning your class strength and weaknesses. The reliance on an ally was sort of bothersome. It was all about the numbers - Raiding/Zerging/Infamy/Renown/Keep taking/Rank.

Windfola: Put me to sleep. If they don't have a proper raid setup, they don't bother.

Silverlode: More forum PvP than actual PvP.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

I have played creepside on Elendilmir and find it to be a zergfest and depending on the day, it could be quite frustrating to be on the wrongside because you'll just get farmed...or maybe I just suck lol...either way zerg fest is fun sometimes but sometimes I rather see some tactics employed. But I must also say my main time has always been spent on firefoot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000a52a6/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R7 War Leader Nikakora R5 Warden Jigimo R4 Lore Master Jigman R7 Minstrel Jigthalion

E Auzzie Prime Time is the bestest most favoritest thing ever. I pvped for the first time since Jan last night and within 10 minutes I was wondering why I came back. I was just an inf node. Then it switched from americans to aussies and I felt like I was back home. They have a way better attitude about it.
    It's weird how the same number of people can have zergraid or good big fight all depending on attitude.
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2qxlqbl.jpg[/IMG]

Meneldor (Freep zerg and all organized, creeps not organized), Nimrodel (Very low population, creep zerg), E (zerg), B (zerg). I'm told Silverlode action is getting better with all the fresh transfers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050100000b5a94/signature.png]Haldabash[/charsig]
    [color=red]Kissyfur(Nuluk) - Rank 10 Warg[/color], [color=yellow]Webdemon - Rank 9 Weaver[/color], [color=skyblue]NaughtyNurse - Rank 6 Defiler[/color]

Personally i miss Firefoots old pvp, bg groups roaming the map, sho,britt,rys burg squads, small groups bouncing around in random places, and overall a massive amount of creeps across the map. This servers pvp has degenerated into a bland shadow of itself compared to what it used to be. Hopefully RoI will make things better, because in its day i would have said with out a doubt we have some of the best pvp across all the servers. But at this point in time if i heard someone say this server has great pvp i would probably just laugh.
    Raithon-Captain-R13-Revelations-Firefoot
    Raithorn-Hunter-R9-Revelations-Firefoot
    Raithene-Burg-R7-Revelations- Firefoot
    Shadowraith-Warg-R9-Panty Raid-Firefoot

Quote Originally Posted by memphis-8899 View Post
    Personally i miss Firefoots old pvp, bg groups roaming the map, sho,britt,rys burg squads, small groups bouncing around in random places, and overall a massive amount of creeps across the map. This servers pvp has degenerated into a bland shadow of itself compared to what it used to be. Hopefully RoI will make things better, because in its day i would have said with out a doubt we have some of the best pvp across all the servers. But at this point in time if i heard someone say this server has great pvp i would probably just laugh.
    I second this.... pvp pre-MOM ROCKED!!!!! but now there are very few that actually play or plan tactical fights.... FF has essentially become a lot of the same shuffles back and forth unless specific kins/tribes and individuals are out in force and really looking for a fight versus holding on to stars, or ensuring they get a specific kb, etc.
    I'm hoping next Saturday plants some seeds... fingers crossed.

More to your question though.... I've played mostly creep on the other severs (you know my feelings towards grinding 65 levels lol) and from that perspective I've found E and B to be far more aggressive, but also heavy zerg oriented servers..... so you better group or get rolled.

Mel is okay for freepside, but week on anything creepside..... theres just a huge lack of coordination on that end of things and a small freep group of 3-6 could easily "zerg" the whole place lol.

I agree with Brittain about Wind... that server is a sleeper for pvp with Silverload the only thing worse and I've given up on both.

One I found that both creep and freep really communicate on and seems pretty population balanced was Ridder which was a pleasant surprise for me.... not really aggressive so much as the fights are very tactical in nature so it's not the shuffle thing all the time and the map is never any one color, etc.

I haven't tried the others, but based on their forum posts I'd say FF still remains in the top 5 best pvp servers, but towards the bottom of that top 5 since pre-mom.... fingers crossed that the update will change things a bit

- M

All I know is Elendilmir and Brandylame are zergfest and have been for numerous years.

SoA B12, best days of this game.

SOA book 14 was better than 12
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/9/9/1/6/109916ajJZH.png[/img][/url]
    [color=red]BloodLine[/color]

Since I'm bored and already on this forum saying hello to good old buddy brittain the chicken...

I find it funny to see the same old same old spouted about how Firefoot is somehow better pvp than E or brandy or the bigger servers... that viewpoint usually spouts E/BW/Landy as being "zerg" servers...

Having gone from starting out here on firefoot and enjoying the pvp that existing many years ago... I eventually ended up having WAY more fun on E within the elemnet of what made firefoot so great back in the days that many of the firefoot vets reminisce about...

E has the population to support all 3 pvp playstyles:

1) Raid v Raid
    2) small group v small group
    3) solo v solo

Firefoot doesnt have the population to support this... so you are stuck missing out on some of pvp's "content".

After almost our entire tribe transferd to E, we were finally able to fully enjoy the game any way we wanted (as far as the moors is concerned). We vast majority of the time small grouped, and found WAY WAY WAY more small group fights on E than we ever did on firefoot.

One if the most memorable times on firefoot was right after Moria.... Legion would have a 12man group out roaming, BG/Cuddle would have thier 12man group out raoming and then there was around 4 or 5 different freep kins each between 8-14 in size out raoming as well.... we rarely ever saw the BG/Cuddle group, and i can only remember 1 time we eneded up fighting beside one another where mazauk spawns, Legion had 2 freep kins on us and BG/Cuddle group came in to give us a hand, other than that we never saw them.... and reason was there was lotsa action all over the map so we never had a chance to cross paths.

That time lasted very short and eventually the action died down again to a slow crawl... once we went to E... what you guys call the "zerg server"... we found once again a server with many kins who came to the moors in kingroups such as Firefighters, Acta Non Verba, Auraura Australis, Misadventures, as well many raid leaders who led smaller groups throughout the day.... the whole time we were duking it out with these small kingroups the big raids were usually slugging it out as they always do the creepside using serverwide vent and freepside as well... but we stayed away from those fights and made our own fights on the periphery of the raid slugfests oir somewhere else.

You need to learn/know how to CREATE action away from the main slugfest...

You need to be patient...

Difference between firefoot and other servers? population.

An obvious answer.... and also a very IMPORTANT ingredient to healthy vibrant pvp.

A server that cant sustain all 3 playstyles isnt healthy and you as a paying customer are just wasting your time/money.

Brandy and here. I agree with Xiir on the 3 styles E/B have to offer. They are all present depending on where u go.

Wtb more Tater raids led by myself and Vor VS Bg raids led by Body and Lovi. Those usually prove to be kickazz
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]