We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help!

i have a problem launching lotro, when i'm trying to start the game i always get an error. what am i suppose to do? i attached a photo with the error, plz help me
    http://www.picz.ro/show-image.php?id...d7c274f9b41233
    this appear when i click on account: http://www.picz.ro/show-image.php?id...c9480c9eb9e67b
    and this when i click on suport: http://www.picz.ro/show-image.php?id...890d0d0ec55964
    Last edited by GLuttony-; Jul 03 2011 at 02:34 PM.

Re: Help!

Looked at your pic. Looks like the server is refusing your connection, I would guess your firewall is not allowing sharing with the lotro server so check your firewall settings and allow connections for lotro site if not enabled.
    [I][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE][/I]

no, it's not that the problem

For future reference, threads like this should go in the Technical Support forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GLuttony- View Post
    no, it's not that the problem
    When you get that message, the connection to the server is the problem. Please explain why you believe that the connection/firewall is not the problem so that we can better understand your specific setup. (It doesn't help you or those of us trying to help if you just say "No, it can't be that." You may be correct, but it changes the situation if you don't have a firewall at all, or if you could connect three hours ago and can't anymore.)

As JB said, your firewall is most likely blocking part of LOTRO from establishing a connection. Clear out all of your firewall settings for turbinelauncher.exe, turbineelevator.exe, turbineinvoker.exe, and lotroclient.exe. Then set all of those as trusted applications with full permissions.

If you are still unable to connect after this, you may have a more complicated problem with the ports the game uses.

Note: If you're using PC Tools Firewall Plus, you should change firewalls now and save yourself endless amounts of grief. It does not play well with LOTRO.

i've done everything u told me and it's look like i get the same error:| i also dezactivated the firewall and nothing changed. any other suggestion? and thx a lot for trying to help me

It might be a problem with your connection from the ISP side....otherwise there is usually nothing that would cause the lotro client from not connecting...since you've posted here, I'm guessing other net based programs and the browser is working fine....

Maybe its an antivirus program or firewall that is blocking the connection.....you could see if any such thing is active....
    Arkenhelm - 86 Loremaster (R6) - Landroval
    Ivalden - 76 Captain (R2) - Landroval
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval
    Naurvion - 26 Loremaster - Landroval

looking at the first image alone it may be a firewall issue but after looking at the last image you posted.. the error posted in the third image looks like your either missing all or part of dotnet framework 1.1 and framework 1.1sp1 or they both need reinstalling

first check control pannel, programs and feature, if you can see minrosoft dotnet framework 1.1 uninstall it

next install or reinstall dotnet framework 1.1
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ylang=en&id=26
    followed by dotnet framework 1.1 sp1
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=33
    Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on Snowbourn since 14/04/07
    spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold

i've done everything u told me and i get the same old error thx for trying to help

which error are you still getting?

if your still getting the error 403 and if your using a network supplied by your school, uni,work, hotel etc you need to contact your network admins
    details of ports lotro uses can be found in this thread along with a few other things you can try
    Network and Game Connection Troubleshooting - Updated 8/12/2010

are you using a proxy to connect to lotro?
    if the proxy is required by your ISP add it the lotro launcher by clicking the singe down arrown and selecting options > advanced then clicking on the proxy settings link
    if the proxy is not required by your ISP select no proxy from the configure proxy

is internet explorer set to work offline?
    check IE even if you dont use IE, IE must not be set to offline mode
    Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on Snowbourn since 14/04/07
    spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold

omg dude i found the problem, it was just like u was saying, i should selected no proxy, that's why i was getting that error. thx a lot :X