We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Captain Stats Spreadsheet

Last Update: 3-2-13
    Added a lot of U10 loot from Bullroarer Build 5 to the sheet.
    Removed stat set bonuses where relevant.
    To do list:
    Double check new U10 loot once U10 actually launches
    Fill in the odd-numbered gaps between rank 12 and rank 16 virtues. I'm capped so I haven't found any ****s to give but it'd be easy for anyone else to do.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Captains, I've updated my gear and stat spreadsheet for captains to RoR. This is a tool I use when contemplating different builds for my Captain, and I've uploaded it to Google Docs for your use as well.

Here are the primary goals of my spreadsheet:
    1. To allow myself to analyze my gear options and all their effects on my captain.
    2. To allow myself to compare/contrast with ease different gear selection.
    3. To create a robust and sustainable set of calculations, in case I ever added to or edited the spreadsheets.
    4. To include a healthy selection of gear a end-game Captain would want.

I believe I have achieved these.

So, what makes my spreadsheet different from others out there? I took my time putting in values for a lot of endgame teal gear into tables, and on the main calculation spreadsheet I made formulas that would pull in the values for the particular piece of gear that one would select from a dropdown box.

So, to work this tool, you go to the Calculations tab. For each piece of gear, make a selection in the drop-down box (which can be seen by selecting the cell). The data for each selection you make is pulled in from separate sheets, and the final stats are tallied up at the bottom of the spreadsheet. In addition to gear, I included such things as IDOME buff, our Race of Man traits, and various other predictable stat bonuses. I also included Set Bonuses! All you have to do is select the name of the sets you are running with, and the sheet will figure up how many pieces of that set you have and pull in values accordingly. Thats the most elegant solution I could come up with for sets. There are a few manual input areas (weapons, emblems, stat tomes, tactics buffs, other) because those aren't practical to have pre-made selections for. Again, this spreadsheet is designed to account for your entire build, with a final result that should match the stats on your in-game character sheet.

Each type of gear has a tab. If you find that I did not include something you run with or would like to look at, all you have to do is put the values into a new line in the appropriate tab. Just do it as I did. Say, if you desire to add in data for level 85 non-crit crafted leggings, you select the Leggings tab and scroll down to an empty line. In put the name and values in the appropriate fields, and viola, you will find the name of your new leggings in the leggings selection box of the Calculations tabs.

A major problem with this spreadsheet in the RoI era was that sometimes people would mess up formula cells, and I wouldn't catch it until much later if at all. Also I had someone modify the captain's base stats to reflect their stat tomes (not the place for that). No longer. Google Docs has introduced the Protected Range feature, so I have all the important formula cells on lockdown now. Input cells are still yours to control.

Here's the links:
    Google Document for RoR
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Dd1ZldzS2dOMXc
    Google Document for (old) RoI
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kFDcU1wMUhOOXc

I hope you Captains find this useful.

Most of my calculations were taken from this glorious post. Alad is boss.
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...n-and-Offence.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Mar 02 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Update for U10

Re: Captain Stats Spreadsheet

Dude, Awesome!

Very nifty!

Does the spreadsheet do any bounds-checking? (I.e., stat cap...) Even though, as you say, it'll be useless in September until you update it with the new formulas and gear, I'm curious in general about just how high our two primary stats can be stacked given current gearing.

Or maybe I'll just play with it and find out. :P
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Does the spreadsheet do any bounds-checking? (I.e., stat cap...)
    I may have added that in there for a couple stats, then forgot about it when I was working on other aspects. Guess I need a V 1.01
    EDIT: yeah, I had IF() functions not letting the main stats go past 650 but I totally overlooked the caps on things like crit chance, which are now in place. And apparently with mediafire I have to go pro to do loads of updates to files, so I'll be more sparing with updates I guess... or just make a new link in September.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Jul 01 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Bump:
    I've updated this tool.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Nice this is great +rep
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Thanks for this! This is going to be very useful!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000723e3/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Does this work in Open Office? Or do I have to dig out my Microsoft Office CDs?

Edit: Does not really work in Open Office (broken references galore). Mostly works in Office 2003 (a few broken references).
    Last edited by Nakiami; Apr 02 2012 at 08:41 PM.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Would be really awesome if the OP translated this to docs.google.com.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Good idea Almagnus. I just spent 15 minutes playing around with Google Docs and it looks like it can be done. "=VLOOKUP" works, and thats the main workhorse fxn of this spreadsheet. I can't directly Copy/Paste whole swaths of cells' formulas from the Excel version; it looks I've a bunch of single cell copy/pastes, some drag-and-copies, and a lot of Ctrl-F replaces to do. But it'll get done shortly, since I'm always looking for things to do other than what I ought to be doing for school.

Heh, then when it's public y'all can help me fill out the Virtues tab, since I got really lazy and only input the ones I care about. Also, I need data on the planted benefits of the Coldfells Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Does this work in Open Office? Or do I have to dig out my Microsoft Office CDs?

Edit: Does not really work in Open Office (broken references galore). Mostly works in Office 2003 (a few broken references).
    Yeah, I use '07. I don't know anything about Open Office, and I don't know much about imcompatibilities with '03. If I get it up on Google Docs, your problems could be resolved
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden

It appears that the VLOOKUP command (at least on this particular spreadsheet) isn't working in LibreOffice, which should behave the same as OpenOffice. You can drop down items from the appropriate boxes, but the row will not populate with data correctly.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Omen_Kaizer View Post
    Good idea Almagnus. I just spent 15 minutes playing around with Google Docs and it looks like it can be done. "=VLOOKUP" works, and thats the main workhorse fxn of this spreadsheet. I can't directly Copy/Paste whole swaths of cells' formulas from the Excel version; it looks I've a bunch of single cell copy/pastes, some drag-and-copies, and a lot of Ctrl-F replaces to do. But it'll get done shortly, since I'm always looking for things to do other than what I ought to be doing for school.

Heh, then when it's public y'all can help me fill out the Virtues tab, since I got really lazy and only input the ones I care about. Also, I need data on the planted benefits of the Coldfells Banner.

Yeah, I use '07. I don't know anything about Open Office, and I don't know much about imcompatibilities with '03. If I get it up on Google Docs, your problems could be resolved
    Just upload the excel file to Google Docs, then have it translate it for you =P

Sweet action. I had to redo the drop down boxes, but that's about it. I'll post the public link (open to editing too) on the 1st post. I'll also put it up on the resource sticky too.
    Rechart, Warden

I've gone and created a new Google Docs spreadsheet for Captain build planning in Riders of Rohan.

The OP has been edited and in places rewritten for this expansion, as I had done a year ago for RoI.

I have not updated the Excel spreadsheet as I myself exclusively use the Google Docs version. Let me know if that's a problem for anyone.

All my data for RoR gear has been gleaned from later stages of Bullroarer. I will of course be double checking this upcoming week to ensure that Turbine hasn't made any last-minute stat changes.

Enjoy!
    Rechart, Warden

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Omen_Kaizer again.
    Seriously, thanks for maintaining this for us.

I've gone and created a new Google Docs spreadsheet for Captain build planning in Riders of Rohan.

The OP has been edited and in places rewritten for this expansion, as I had done a year ago for RoI.

I have not updated the Excel spreadsheet as I myself exclusively use the Google Docs version. Let me know if that's a problem for anyone.

All my data for RoR gear has been gleaned from later stages of Bullroarer. I will of course be double checking this upcoming week to ensure that Turbine hasn't made any last-minute stat changes.

Enjoy!
    More for personal curiosity than anything else, but does the Google Docs version allow you to do some of the programming that Excel can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    More for personal curiosity than anything else, but does the Google Docs version allow you to do some of the programming that Excel can do?
    what do you mean by programming? I'm pretty clever at figuring out excel's built in functions (and Google docs seem to share most of those), but I don't know jack about excel macros (I really oughta take a look at a visual basic for dummies book).

Seriously, thanks for maintaining this for us.
    Not a problem brother. I maintain it for myself, but it aint a big step to get it useable for the community.

That is one little quibble i have about the rep system too. Seems to me the same people produce quality posts, and I have to search far and wide to spread out that rep so I can rep the people who are churning out good info.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Oct 13 2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Rechart, Warden

Hate to be annoying.... I'd really appreciate it if you also did it in Excel if it's not too much to ask. Incredibly good job, very appreciated.
    [CENTER][I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000dc2af/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    Hate to be annoying.... I'd really appreciate it if you also did it in Excel if it's not too much to ask. Incredibly good job, very appreciated.
    I'll see what I can do for you. IIRC it'll just be some copy/pastes of new gear data from Google to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd convert, but the drop down boxes wouldnt carry over and those are more of a hassle to set up than a buncha copy/pastes.
    Rechart, Warden

what do you mean by programming? I'm pretty clever at figuring out excel's built in functions (and Google docs seem to share most of those), but I don't know jack about excel macros (I really oughta take a look at a visual basic for dummies book).
    Yep, and VB's actually rather easy to figure out if you know much about scripting languages like JavaScript, and cake if you know C# or another .NET language.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    Did you try to save the spreadsheet to your computer?
    File / Download as / Microsoft Excel

It worked for me. All the tabs with data and formulas are saved in one *.xlsx file
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

U10 update

FYI, I've added in loot from Bullroarer Build 5 to the Google Doc. Build 5 looks to me to be fairly close to final, but of course I'll keep an eye out for changes when U10 goes live. As always you are welcome to change values for gear if I've made a mistake; especially in converting partial-doses of items like 211 crit rating on the item level 88 Compendium-mined items to item level 97 I may be wrong. But I'll cut you if you break past the protected ranges and screw up random formulas on the Calculations1 and Calculations2 sheets, heh. Umm formulas on summary pages, Captain1 and Captain2 should be up-to-date but if you find a problem, holler at me. Also, those I can't protect for some reason, can't figure it out.

We're getting a real nice array of might, fate, tact mastery stuff too.

Sorry y'all, I've kinda given up on the excel version, since I'm too lazy to do this twice. Like someone suggested, you could port it to Excel yourself, but the drop-down boxes wouldn't convert. At least, they don't convert going from excel to GDocs. I had them configured some weird way too, can barely remember. It involved an extra, hidden column between what's now columns B and C on the Calculations sheets; I deleted it in the GDocs version as it was unnecessary. If you do want my old Excel version (good for U8, with some editing can be modernized) for whatever reason, PST me and I'll put it in a dropbox or something.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Mar 02 2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Rechart, Warden

Thanks a ton, Omen! I'll have to check this out and see what our ICPR is looking like with U11 tanking gear. Still pissed about the nerfs, but maybe the new gear has enough Fate to make it viable anyway...

Thanks a ton, Omen! I'll have to check this out and see what our ICPR is looking like with U11 tanking gear. Still pissed about the nerfs, but maybe the new gear has enough Fate to make it viable anyway...
    Yessir, my pleasure.

I did just go duo a School with a hunter buddy on Bullroarer. 5y + LoM + now for wrath. In what's basically my live gear, so 1495 ICPR after fate changes there. I will say, I ran myself dry on power in the last boss fight around 1.5 minutes, which luckily was the end of that fight. Two rally cries, 1 pot.

I do think the bit of fate tied to vit gear here and there will help. Trolling the Auction House, I've snagged on the cheap three Valiant Bracelets of the Horse-lords already, which are the teals with 79 fate each. I think Arg will need them more than Rechart. Two of those is a 750 ICPR increase over two of the Eternal Knight's Braclets.
    Rechart, Warden

How big is your power pool on BR? I think mine is around 5400, which implies I'm getting some from gear and traits. For that matter, how much Fate did you have?

Anyway, we can extrapolate roughly that a standard tanking rotation burns between 4700 and 5000 power per minute. The back-of-envelope calculation I did to derive that includes your pot and Rallying Cries, so the "true" number is probably closer to 5500-6000, but that's not really important. I'm going to try to derive a "target" ICPR and therefore Fate value that tanking Captains can shoot for.

5000 ICPR would give us infinite power sustain, but realistically we can't build that much Fate and stay effective. (Right?) So here's a rough little table of fight duration vs. ICPR:

• 5 Minutes: 4000 ICPR
    • 4 Minutes 3750 ICPR
    • 3 Minutes: 3325 ICPR
    • 2 Minutes: 2500 ICPR

Note that most of those values are fudged a little, since I didn't feel like spending TOO much time on accuracy. There does seem to be a trend that, perversely, each additional point of ICPR counts for more the more ICPR you have.

Getting from 1.5 minutes to 2 required a jump of ~1k extra ICPR. 2 minutes to 3 required 850. 3 to 4 required 425. 4 to 5 required 250. Etc.

Anyway, what does that have to do with gearing? Well, many fights we'll want to tank last 2 minutes or more. So, we should shoot for 2500 ICPR in a tank build. Figuring that we have roughly a base 1k ICPR before Fate (incidentally, Omen, I don't think your spreadsheet accounts for this), that means we want at least 300 Fate from our tank gear.

Just messing around with the spreadsheet, I easily got 365 Fate into a build that also had 18k morale and strong resistances. So, the situation when U10 gear is in the mix is slightly less bad than with Hytbold/U9 gear.

As a secondary note, I'll almost mention that perhaps the best way to get Fate without losing other stats is probably going to be through LI relics and even titles. Losing, say, 30 Vitality doesn't hurt that much, but gaining 30 Fate is pretty good.
    Last edited by furtim; Mar 03 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast