We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Blades of Arnor - A mature, easy-going and friendly kinship.

We are based on the Snowbourn server and are up for just about anything in the game as long as it's fun. Questing, crafting, exploring, hunting, grinding, soloing, grouping, raiding, monster playing, pipeweed smoking, beer drinking, it's all good.

Our aim is to be the
    - most friendly
    - most easy-going
    - most helpful kinship

We have members from all over Europe and the rest of the world including Australia, the US and Russia.

We don't badger our members about their level or progress, we don't put demands on them to group or join events or play for x number of hours a week. We're just about the game, the friendship and a few laughs along the way.

Our only membership requirement is that you're relaxed and easy-going with no e-peen issues.

The Blades was founded by Bron on 16 April 2007 and has thus been going for five years. We have a beautiful kinship hall at 5 Waterbank Road, Gloruihir, Falathlor Homesteads and Kindred crafters in all professions.

We're starting to look to 2013 with raids and instances on set days and some fun events when we can.

The Blades of Arnor is also the official LOTRO Kinship of the Light Knights Gaming Community (http://www.light-knights.com). The Light Knights is a multi-gaming community which holds the same values as we do within the Kinship - the desire to have fun, build friendships and also achieve our goals through team work. In addition to the LOTRO Kinship we currently have an active guild on the EU Hellscream realm of World of Warcraft, Republic and Imperial guilds in SW:ToR and a Templar cabal in TSW. Alongside our MMO divisions we also have an FPS division which includes games like BF3, DayZ and PS2. We also have our own Minecraft and BF3 servers.. If you want to check our Steam Group please follow this link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/lkgc

So if you're interested in joining us on our travels please visit our forums at: www.light-knights.com or alternatively, speak to one of our officers in-game and we'll take it from there. The current officers are: Berylia (leader), Gromli, Nermaide, Meldir, Amtherion, Wosem and Oane.
    Last edited by Nermy; Jan 05 2013 at 11:18 AM.

Re: The Blades of Arnor - A mature, easy-going and friendly kinship.

Go us!

I'd just like to add that the Blades of Arnor are always open for new friends who wants to join.

Oh here's a wee video Amth made me include: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aESgY6gqvu8

The doors are still open and we're still actively recruiting. Check out the forums in my link.

We're always open for high and low levels, any class and any race, all that you need is to:

1) have a total and utter love for LOTRO and Middle Earth
    2) be ready to have some fantastic fun in one of the most long-running and established kins in virtual Middle Earth
    3) be happy with running: raids, chicken play, hide and seek, some epic book runs and random instances
    4) be in love with smoking a bit of pipe weed and running some pies (and maybe squashing some slugs) with the finest of Hobbits in The Shire *

* well, we sort of lied about that ;o)
    Last edited by -Berylia-; Jul 13 2011 at 08:10 PM.

I'd like to welcome some new members: Miri, Bentwolf, Blackace and Bootysweat!

Hope you feel at home guys...

A big welcome to some new members: Adianca, Resplendant, Halfar, Aridectel and Hawaii.

Welcome back to Luri, who's a returning member!
    Last edited by Nermy; Aug 09 2011 at 01:26 PM.

Been a quiet summer but with the new expansion the Blades are recruiting again!

Please feel free to visit our website in my sig.

A big welcome to Hegwin and Gadhril! I hope your happy in your new home in the Blades...

Fellow adventurers,

The world is changing, I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth ..

Since the Blades of Arnor has, for some time now, been the official LOTRO kin of the Light Knights gaming community, the old Blades website and forums have been made read only. The official Blades of Arnor website and forums now lies within the Light Knights gaming community

http://www.light-knights.co.uk

Long live the Blades of Arnor.

Your friend and Minstrel,

Berylia.

Fellow Snowbournians

Let it be known that the Blades of Arnor's doors are always open for any new or old player wanting a relaxed, fun filled place to hang your hat and cloak.

If you have any interest in joining our band of misfits :P please feel free to visit our Homepage www.light-knights.com and register and we'll send you an invite asap, or if you prefer alternatively, speak to one of our officers in-game and we'll take it from there.

The current officers are: Berylia (leader), Gromli, Nermaide, Meldir, Amtherion, Wosem and Oane.

The Blades are still looking for new members!

We're struggling to fill our raids nights and would love to have more members (lvl 50+)

Having said that, we're always happ to have new members of ANY level!

Recently joined BoA - a really nice and helpful bunch

The Blades of Arnor kinship was founded on Snowbourn on 16 April 2007. This means that today is our 6-year anniversary!

Happy Birthday to us!

Cool Sounds like my kind of place...

Hi guys,

I am a recently returned player, looking for an easy-going kinship. I have reactivated my LOTRO-account, as it seems to be a game I can manage to keep up with, while still leaving some time for my real-time commitments.

I have previously been a bit of a serial MMORPG'er, and have played...well...most of them, I guess, with varying degrees of obsession. Some I have played for years (Most notably EverQuest 1 for about 6 years), and others have been a bit of a passing thing for me. But LOTRO is one of the ones that has stuck, and I've been in and out a few times since 2008.

I've done high-end raiding, I've been Executive officer, raid-leader, mentor, Tradeskill-expert, etc, etc in various games, but now with a busy schedule and an 8-month-old daughter, I think I am just looking for a bit of company for a few hours every night, when I unwind. Maybe a group instance every once in a while, or just exchanging LOTR-Lore or fart-jokes.

I am Danish, but pretty much effectively bi-lingual. My current main character is a Champion at lvl 60, puttering around in Loth Lorien these days (Picking flowers and singing to the trees, as this is apparently the way to ingratiate yourself with the Elves)

Let me know if I can have a quick chat with an appropriate person one of these evenings.

Best Regards

Sternwood

Cool Returning veteran

Hi my name is Chris I am 21 years old and I am a currently a student in Norway, I have recently gotten back my passion for the game and realy want a friendly an helpfull kinship as things in the game have changed since Angmar, I currently have a 65 captain(Kyouta) and warden(Toraneko). I should have all the content unlocked as i have a Life time subscription.

I have spent quite alot of my MMo years as playing the tanking class, i started out in WoW as a raid tank and enjoyed it alot.

I would be quite happy to contact one of your in game if you need an old captain, and a newish Warden
    Last edited by Kumatora; May 07 2013 at 05:08 AM.

Nice to see people interested in joining us. Can I suggest that you send me a pm rather than posting your interest here. Maybe quicker...

Wink Keep missing Jor online

Hey guys,i'm 21 years old LOTRO player.My character is Eodferth lv 30(1000 more xp for 31)
    Jored told me that he will send me invite,but we keep missing each other online

Hiya Eodferth

I have made a forums post on our homepage in the officer section and asked all the officers to keep an eye out for you, I will be on in about 3 hours. Add me to your friends list and if you see me 1st spam me with tells, i'll get you sorted if no one invites you before then.

Jor

I just wanted to mention that our website has been revamped and the LOTRO section has been given a massive facelift. I think it looks great!

Check it out! http://light-knights.com/lotro

The Blades of Arnor are looking forward to our fifth LOTRO expansion launch!

One of my best memories from LOTRO is the pre-MoM, end of SoA party that was hosted by Thorin's Shield near the Boar fountain in Bree. There was music and dancing and we all stayed online until the servers shut down for the update. It was great! Anyone else remember that?

We are always open for new friends who want to join.

I've just returned to the game and returned back to the Blades of Arnor kinship. Its great to be back

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsy View Post
    I've just returned to the game and returned back to the Blades of Arnor kinship. Its great to be back
    Good to have you back mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsy View Post
    Hey Harpsy! It's always nice to see one of the original kinship members return to the game.