We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Number of Major and Minor Legacies

Does each legendary item get a fixed number of major and minor legacies, or can this vary? I assume there is a limit to the number of major legacies an item can have, so that you don't wind up with an item with all major legacies, and no minor legacies.

Re: Number of Major and Minor Legacies

Quote Originally Posted by OOWS View Post
    Does each legendary item get a fixed number of major and minor legacies, or can this vary? I assume there is a limit to the number of major legacies an item can have, so that you don't wind up with an item with all major legacies, and no minor legacies.
    The current setup is, I believe, that a Legendary with identify with 3 Major legacies. Then, at levels 10, 20, and 30 you have a chance at getting a Major, but it is much more likely to be a Minor.

You can get a legendary with all majors if you are lucky on the reforges. I've got a level 65 with 5 majors on it. Most of the time is seems that you'll get one more major and 2 minors on the reforges. It all depends on your luck.

I usually get 3 majors and 3 minors. I do not think I've ever seen anyone with six majors. People do have 4 major and 2 minors - fairly common. You will see five majors and one minor - Our kin leader has a level 65 3rd age like this - which he is about ready to deconstruct to pull a legacy.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

On my level 65 First Age Two Handed Sword I ended up with 4 Major and 2 Minor when it was finished. That is how most of mine have turned out for me.
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/Ellandor][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000000c4fc/01002/signature.png]Ellandor[/charsig][/url]
    [url=http://dawningeclipse.shivtr.com]Dawning Eclipse[/url]
    “I can avoid being seen if I wish, but to disappear entirely, that is a rare gift.”

If the max legacies per LI is 3 major and 3 minor, how come there are characters using LI's with 7 legacies??

Quote Originally Posted by Freanor View Post
    If the max legacies per LI is 3 major and 3 minor, how come there are characters using LI's with 7 legacies??
    They identified and locked in their LI before update 2's changes. They get to keep their old weapon.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Thanks for putting my mind to rest been nagging myself for 2 days to go look for an LI with 7 legacies.

I had one Second Age lvl 60 that I identified yesterday with 3 minors and then got another minor on the first reforge. Very underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Silchas View Post
    I had one Second Age lvl 60 that I identified yesterday with 3 minors and then got another minor on the first reforge. Very underwhelming.
    Since when does anything ID with minor legacies anymore? o.O
    Can you provide a screenshot? That sounds like it should be reported as a bug.

If a LI is identifying with minors it is indeed a bug or a mistake.

ok I was wondering, so much so that after reading this thread yesterday I checked before I posted my statement.

(Doing this from memory) It identified with +Sprint Duration, +Hamstring Duration and Increased Rend Armor Reduction. The reforge gave me a choice of two minors. I can't remember which I chose. I am at work right now but will check on the that when I get home and try and post a screenshot of it.

I doubt this is relevant but it is a Filikul Spear

OK well that didnt work
    Last edited by Silchas; Sep 03 2011 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silchas View Post
    ok I was wondering, so much so that after reading this thread yesterday I checked before I posted my statement.

(Doing this from memory) It identified with +Sprint Duration, +Hamstring Duration and Increased Rend Armor Reduction. The reforge gave me a choice of two minors. I can't remember which I chose. I am at work right now but will check on the that when I get home and try and post a screenshot of it.

I doubt this is relevant but it is a Filikul Spear
    Sounds like a bug, as all LI are now supposed to ID with 3 legacies and they are all going to be major.
    Reforged legacies can be either minor, or sometimes major if you get lucky.
    Any LI with 4 legacies (unequipped) or 7 legacies are from before the change that we got a while back.
    Since the gms are so helpful lately, im unsure whether you will be getting any sort of fix for your problem, other than being told to bug report it.
    As to the other speculations to the effect that you cant get more majors on an item when you reforge.
    Consider that specific discussion dead:

Luck will be required to get that, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeleg View Post
    Luck will be required to get that, of course.
    Sweet Sword. Do not see many of those. There is one Champion - I do not remember his name on Meneldor - That has a two handed Champion Level 65, First Age with six majors.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.