We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Auction house scroll zoom bug - why does this still exist?

Seriously, ever since the transfer from Codemasters this has gotten completely out of hand. It's particularly bad in the Moria AH, also had it happen in the Vault a bunch of times, and I have three characters logged in these locations so it happens All. The. Time. And I'm growing really, really tired of having to go out of the AH, log out of the game and the client and then log back in again. This has been happening ever since I started playing Lotro, even with a different computer, and it's so bad in Moria that it just automatically locks up when I log on inside the AH.

Am I the only one suffering from it this badly?

Re: Auction house scroll zoom bug - why does this still exist?

OK.. you've got me curious, what is the Auction House scroll zoom bug?
    .......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.

Thanks for the quick reply

Ugh.. my sympathies.
    That sounds frustrating beyond belief. I really hope Turbine fixes this soon.
    .......All those moments ... will be lost ... in time ... like tears in rain.

Interesting. This has never happened to me. I must be lucky.

May be it is related to the PC configuration and that's why it's difficult to be identified?
    Elf Hunter (75), Hobbit Warden (75), Dwarf Rune-Keeper (65) in Gilrain
    Officer of Exiles of Arnor

Quote Originally Posted by Ofelie View Post
    Basically the scroll wheel camera zoom function gets locked and you have to completely exit the game and restart it to get it working again. It can technically happen anywhere in the game, I think, but it's definitely the most prevalent in auction houses for some inexplicable reason. Other scroll functions still work fine, only the camera gets completely jammed and switching characters doesn't help.
    Thanks for that explanation! I've encountered this now for a couple of weeks constantly and already blamed my mouse, though it works flawlessly everywhere else. Didn't know it's a known bug, but it's a real issue at the moment.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]"HELP!!!!??"[/COLOR] is not an appropriate thread title.
    Only fools use [COLOR="#FF0000"]apostrophes[/COLOR] in a plural. That's when they're called fool's apostrophes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ofelie View Post
    Seriously, ever since the transfer from Codemasters this has gotten completely out of hand. It's particularly bad in the Moria AH, also had it happen in the Vault a bunch of times, and I have three characters logged in these locations so it happens All. The. Time. And I'm growing really, really tired of having to go out of the AH, log out of the game and the client and then log back in again. This has been happening ever since I started playing Lotro, even with a different computer, and it's so bad in Moria that it just automatically locks up when I log on inside the AH.

Am I the only one suffering from it this badly?

Simple solution, stop logging out in those places. I'm not trying to be nasty, I hope it's not coming across as if I am, but if this is only happening when you log into either of those places, why would you keep logging out there?

Move outside those places when you plan on logging out and see how that goes?

~

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was happening in the way you just described. Hopefully some 1 will with more knowlegde about this kind of stuff will read this post and have a solution to your problem.

You have way more patience then I do. This would be the end of the game for me for sure. I wouldn't last a year.

I sure hope you get it all sorted out!!

~

Perhaps you could let us know what mouse exactly you call your own so that mayhaps we may see if it is one and the same brand/model/driver version/whatever or not.

Because a simple "this bug happens whenever" is not exactly enough information to work with. The more detailed information you can give about your system configuration the better.

Perhaps it is not related to the mouse at all but your graphics card/drivers?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000020dee/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Kapakio View Post
    May be it is related to the PC configuration and that's why it's difficult to be identified?
    It is most certainly a PC configuration issue. I solved mine by switching to a USB wired Microsoft Intellimouse. I had previously used my old Dell mouse for a long time without any problems - the Dell mouse went wonky - but only for Lotro.

I believe the problem is that Turbine does not have any machine in house that has this issue. Therefore, there is nothing Turbine can do. There may be other configurations issues like - the latency - packet loss rate - bit error rate - that make the issue more prevalent.

One potential source of problems for former EU players is that they are a lot farther from the servers than they used to be.

Once it a while when pressing keys in game, I will go from 3rd person to 1st person view without wanting to. No amount of pounding on the 1st to 3rd person toggle key will do anything. I have to log out. Log back in. I will appear in 1st person. Now when I press the toggle I will go back into 3rd person.

There are some other quirks where the client goes insane. You have to log out. I had part of my keyboard lock up in game. I can Alt-Tab type in my browser fine. Lotro not accepting some letters.

They have been around for a long time. I believe they go back to the implementation of DX10. We can only hope that Turbine will fix these issues. Fixing these kind of issues does not seem to be a very high priority for Turbine.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.