We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Narrel is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.

Post LOTRO UI Customization Heart Monitoring

Well, I know it may not seem that way, but as audibly faint as it has been for so long, I can assure you that the pulse of Lua scripting and UI customization in general remains steady. As it was at its birth, Lua remains a pet (side) project of our little "Lua crew" which has both positives and negatives. The positive being that it remains near and dear to our hearts and we have no intention to let it simply die. The negative being the limited time/resources we have available to dedicate to it. So while updates have been frustratingly few and far between for you folks, I want to assure you all that we have not forgotten Lua or, for that matter, all of you.

We've all certainly been hard at work (and very focused) on the upcoming Isengard release and we have still spent what free time we could getting some Lua updates ready, too. While I am not at liberty to be more detailed at this point, I can assure you that the future does include continued Lua API updates. Please remain patient with us and as we are able to discuss things more openly as the Rise of Isengard release grows ever closer, I assure you that we will update you with more details.

As for something I CAN be more specific about, I have inherited our ol' friend the skinning system now as well so I will personally make sure that you do not go another major release without getting the latest skinning library uploaded. So, barring me having an unfortunate meeting with a bus or other large vehicle beforehand, you'll at least have an accurate skinning library .zip file posted circa Isengard.

So, in closing, we're still alive here and very busy but we'll keep you updated as time goes on and we become able to share more details. Thank you immensely for your continued patience and vocal support for the continuation of the Lua initiative,

-Nar
    (and ForsakenArcher and Agiclaw)

Update: the skinning pack update is packed up and ready to go! Just have to wait for the launch to actually release it to the public.
    Last edited by Narrel; Aug 16 2011 at 02:27 PM.

Re: LOTRO UI Customization Heart Monitoring

This is extremely good news to hear! You, sir, have just made my day. =)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000027b798/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This is indeed most welcome news. I know we would all love to have bug fixes or new interfaces exposed, but most of all, we have been starving for any kind of communication. Just knowing that we have not been forgotten goes a long ways toward keeping the faith alive.

Wooo, something that the modding community has been dieing to hear for a long time. This is fantastic news indeed. WTG Narrel!

I'm glad to hear this and it's incredible timing. I was just coming here to ask if Lua was dead or not. I haven't played regularly since December so it was pretty discouraging to find that it's in exactly the same state as it was 6 months ago. I'm anxious to see what may be added/fixed/improved.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001dd1fe/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Narrel View Post
    As for something I CAN be more specific about, I have inherited our ol' friend the skinning system now as well so I will personally make sure that you do not go another major release without getting the latest skinning library uploaded. So, barring me having an unfortunate meeting with a bus or other large vehicle beforehand, you'll at least have an accurate skinning library .zip file posted circa Isengard.

thats is great to hear

i just hope there are still authors around to update/create

many have given up what with the lack of communication and asset releases over the last 6 months.

Thumbs up Re: LOTRO UI Customization Heart Monitoring

excellent news that
    looking forward to some nice stuff from the mad modders in the future.

Thanks, always interested in coding and trying new stuff, been hoping it would get expanded.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000010afaf/01008/signature.png]Goneric[/charsig]

I like getting two good things together in one package, but this announcement is even better than Twix!

Thanks in advance!
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/duvi/"]Duvi[/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000038e43/01000/signature.png]Duvi[/charsig]
    [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Vastin[/COLOR][/B]: [I]"But whenever we take feedback on most game systems, such as character builds, economics, or [/I]especially[i] anything to do with PvP, then we are forced to read very carefully between the lines of any and all player feedback, as it is all inevitably skewed by self-investment, self-interest, and a deeply subjective viewpoint that increases in direct proportion to how long or successfully a player has occupied a particular role."[/I]

Thanks a lot for the news! Speaking personally, as long as there was something to do with Lua Scripting still, I doubt I could ever just walk away from it. The lack of attention lately has just dropped that down on my priority scale a bit. So at any rate, when you guys can get around to it, I'll be there to pick it up again as well
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

*huggles the stuffin's out of Narrel and ForsakenArcher and Agiclaw*

I am SO glad to hear this. It's been very sad watching the community dwindle. Thanks Narrel, for giving us some hope to hold on to.

Heck, maybe we'll even see you guys back in the channel some time?

(PS, next time one or another of you has a few minutes free to chat, can you either ping me in the channel, or drop me a PM or email me, or something, pretty please? No real urgency, just I think it might be possible for me to help you out some, but I won't know for sure without talking to you guys directly.)
    [B]Cairenn[/B]
    [I]Credendo Vides[/I]
    Co-Founder & Admin: [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com"]LotROInterface[/URL]
    Proud member of Turbine's [URL="http://www.lotro.com/community/fansitelistings/125-fansite-listing"]Premier Fansites[/URL]

Well, I know it may not seem that way, but as audibly faint as it has been for so long, I can assure you that the pulse of Lua scripting and UI customization in general remains steady.
    A thousand thank you-s!
    Formerly know as [B]MrJackdaw[/B]
    Author of [I]Bevy-o-Bars, SortPack, VBar[/I] and [I]BuffFrame[/I]
    Characters; [B]Dirmac[/B], [B]Dvarlin [/B]and [B]Fathiriel[/B]

Thank you for the update Narrel, it's always good to hear from those of you handling the Lua and assets. Looking forward to the news to come.

Thank you! I love add ons, and I really want a new skin... so to hear that both are getting some love with Isengard is very encouraging.

Please don't be hit by a bus!

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

So, barring me having an unfortunate meeting with a bus or other large vehicle beforehand
    And in other news, a distracted driver...

/me laughs

Great news looking forward for some new ways to be creative...
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    And in other news, a distracted driver...
    Did you draw this yourself?
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Did you draw this yourself?
    That depends... is Narrel asking? If so, my cats tied me to my chair and drew the picture then forced me to post it at claw-point.

It was actually thrown together in MS Paint ala the Landroval Moors MS Paint thread, although I haven't posted anything there in a LOOOONG while, there's still lots of good people posting good laughs there. Unfortunately, my wife didn't get either the Kenny reference or the Bobby Ewing reference

Great news. TYVM for the update.

And nice pic . Lol.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

And there was rejoicing on both sides of the Pond. Glad to hear you're still on it.
    Re-ni-AN-nen - strayed (ppt. of renia- 'to stray')
    Aeled Reniannen, Defender of Middle-earth ~ Nendhiniel, Forge-Warden : Captain and Wardenette from [EN-RP] Laurelin
    Fluffrash, Blade of Barashish ~ Nathraen, Conqueror of Towers : Warg Puppy and Spider Tailor from the darker side thereof
    Faradwen, Swift-Arrow : Huntress from [EN-RE] Landroval

As if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.
    ~~~~~
    Kári was a little Dwarf. / Smaller than you or me. / And wherever Kári went / He took his axe… or three.

Very good news indeed =)
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Narrel is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    That depends... is Narrel asking? If so, my cats tied me to my chair and drew the picture then forced me to post it at claw-point.

It was actually thrown together in MS Paint ala the Landroval Moors MS Paint thread, although I haven't posted anything there in a LOOOONG while, there's still lots of good people posting good laughs there. Unfortunately, my wife didn't get either the Kenny reference or the Bobby Ewing reference
    I took the liberty to correct some of the inaccuracies in your original picture. Namely, you missed the vestigial muscle arm that is growing out of my neck region, my half-tiger cat, the fact that I tend to shower in lava, and that my shower curtain is black. Keep those facts in mind for next time!

Last edited by Narrel; Jun 27 2011 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks a lot Mr Narrel.
    Good news !

And thx for the pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast