We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

Narrel is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.

Post LOTRO UI Customization Heart Monitoring

Well, I know it may not seem that way, but as audibly faint as it has been for so long, I can assure you that the pulse of Lua scripting and UI customization in general remains steady. As it was at its birth, Lua remains a pet (side) project of our little "Lua crew" which has both positives and negatives. The positive being that it remains near and dear to our hearts and we have no intention to let it simply die. The negative being the limited time/resources we have available to dedicate to it. So while updates have been frustratingly few and far between for you folks, I want to assure you all that we have not forgotten Lua or, for that matter, all of you.

We've all certainly been hard at work (and very focused) on the upcoming Isengard release and we have still spent what free time we could getting some Lua updates ready, too. While I am not at liberty to be more detailed at this point, I can assure you that the future does include continued Lua API updates. Please remain patient with us and as we are able to discuss things more openly as the Rise of Isengard release grows ever closer, I assure you that we will update you with more details.

As for something I CAN be more specific about, I have inherited our ol' friend the skinning system now as well so I will personally make sure that you do not go another major release without getting the latest skinning library uploaded. So, barring me having an unfortunate meeting with a bus or other large vehicle beforehand, you'll at least have an accurate skinning library .zip file posted circa Isengard.

So, in closing, we're still alive here and very busy but we'll keep you updated as time goes on and we become able to share more details. Thank you immensely for your continued patience and vocal support for the continuation of the Lua initiative,

(and ForsakenArcher and Agiclaw)

Update: the skinning pack update is packed up and ready to go! Just have to wait for the launch to actually release it to the public.
    Last edited by Narrel; Aug 16 2011 at 01:27 PM.