We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

My 1st - First Age Legendary, where to get?

Hi, Silly question I'm sure, but thought I'd ask anyway...
    Where can I get my first First Age Legendary Weapon? I don't see it on the Barter system with the NPC traders. Is AH an option (I haven't checked there)? Perhaps there is some quest I have to complete before my first one?

My present 2nd Age is a fine axe, but it's maxing up now and I need a better one for the next 10 levels or so. And honestly the legendary item system is a bit complicated to spend time to get into for someone like me who plays just 6-8 hours per week (takes away from the hack-n-slash/questing/exploring fun... :-) - but, I totally understand the appeal for most...

All help to aid my general ongoing laziness on the LI's is appreciated, thanks Folks :-)

Absinthil, lvl 60 Elf Champion, Elendilmir

Re: My 1st - First Age Legendary, where to get?

You can find 1st Age weapons in the AH on occaision but they go for a premium. The class trainers at the docks in Lothlorien will barter for 1st Age weapons. I think each takes 6 Bright Emblems of Nimrodel but I don't know how one goes about getting the emblems. I figure it is from the raid in Mirkwood but I haven't quite gotten there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Peredur View Post
    You can find 1st Age weapons in the AH on occaision but they go for a premium. The class trainers at the docks in Lothlorien will barter for 1st Age weapons. I think each takes 6 Bright Emblems of Nimrodel but I don't know how one goes about getting the emblems. I figure it is from the raid in Mirkwood but I haven't quite gotten there yet.
    The emblems you are talking about come from Filikul in Moria, better known as the Turtle Raid. You can only get a Level 60 First Age from that, and a Level 65 Second Age is better.

@OP: Like I said, a Level 65 Second Age is better than a Level 60 First Age. I'd stick with the Second Age unless you can get a 65 First Age.

If you want a 65 First Age, you are going to have to run OD, and get a Symbol of the Elder King, which is a rare drop. Then someone, or you, have to craft it.

Good luck :3
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma][B][I][COLOR=darkorange]Imladris[/COLOR][/I][/B] - [/FONT]Level 69 [B][COLOR=red]Hunter[/COLOR][/B] Celethrien [COLOR=magenta]-[/COLOR] Level 65 [B][COLOR=red]Guardian[/COLOR][/B] Doriana[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkorange][B][I]Brandywine [/I][/B][/COLOR]- Level 57[/SIZE][/FONT] [B][COLOR=darkorange][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Burglar [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]Exxploit[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Good to know. I guess I will just keep my 65 2nd Age and not even attempt the Turtle grind. Thanks Strongbad.

Bright Emblem of Nimrodel
    Wiki is bit inaccurate, it drops from The Blind One in DN as well, you get 4 from the entire run (2 from each of the two last bosses).
    You need 5 for lvl 59 or 6 for lvl 60 LI.

Symbol of the Elder King is used for lvl 65 1st age LIs. It is not a rare drop, on T2 it is very common and on HM a guaranteed drop.
    The other thing is if you are in a kin capable of running OD.

Good to know. I guess I will just keep my 65 2nd Age and not even attempt the Turtle grind. Thanks Strongbad.
    If you're 65, the 1st age from turtle raid is going to be less dps than your 65 2nd age.

Quote Originally Posted by CFury View Post
    Bright Emblem of Nimrodel
    Wiki is bit inaccurate, it drops from The Blind One in DN as well, you get 4 from the entire run (2 from each of the two last bosses).
    You need 5 for lvl 59 or 6 for lvl 60 LI.
    AFAIK you only get 1 Emblem from The Blind One and the Mistress, but have a small chance of getting Emblems from every other boss chest in DN (one Emblem for the whole raid not one for everybody as a random drop). In addition you can get Bright Emblems of Nimrodel from the Watcher Raid in Moria (1 Emblem for every raidmember). And you only need 4 Emblems for a lvl59 LI.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaijian View Post
    AFAIK you only get 1 Emblem from The Blind One and the Mistress, but have a small chance of getting Emblems from every other boss chest in DN (one Emblem for the whole raid not one for everybody as a random drop). In addition you can get Bright Emblems of Nimrodel from the Watcher Raid in Moria (1 Emblem for every raidmember). And you only need 4 Emblems for a lvl59 LI.
    You are probably right, I havent run DN in ages, I just remember getting out with more than 1-2 Emblems. I didnt trade for them in about a year either, didnt need any for myself and kinnies are not interested

if i didn't care about the dps stat on an item, would a lvl 60 1st age be better still than a lvl 59?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000215704/01001/signature.png]Ifec[/charsig]

Turtle is scary easy and short. Used to be a challenge xD
    [COLOR="Red"]Alayra 65 Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Larytha 65 Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Yellow"]Dustii 65 Hunter[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Millak View Post
    if i didn't care about the dps stat on an item, would a lvl 60 1st age be better still than a lvl 59?
    1st age weapon lvl 60 have higher dps than lvl 59. Class item is the same stats. Only difference is that some relics requires lvl 60 weapon to slot them. So if you barter lvl 59 1st age, you wont be able to use them.
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Galborion View Post
    1st age weapon lvl 60 have higher dps than lvl 59. Class item is the same stats. Only difference is that some relics requires lvl 60 weapon to slot them. So if you barter lvl 59 1st age, you wont be able to use them.
    Exactly. And even for a Minstrel who really doesn't need to have a weapon with high tactical damage, it is still better to have level 65 LI. You can slot the crafted relic for out going healing, Symbol of Vigour only on level 65 legendary items and weapons. It is really important relic for healers.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Pink][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000140717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    ♣ Commander Elwene, Challenger of Gortheron ♣[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=Pink]
    [/COLOR] [SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink]Proud seal of Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]
    [/COLOR] [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    [URL="http://shavra.deviantart.com/"]Is also on DeviantART![/URL]
    [/FONT][/CENTER]