We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loth-i-Lonnath (Elf-only RP kinship)

Loth-i-Lonnath is a rank 10 Elven kinship based in the Grey Havens of Lindon, and playing on the Laurelin server. Our emphasis is on purposeful, immersive roleplay – and in portraying the elves of the Third Age with the grace, joy and song that is characteristic of those evoked in the books.

Loth-i-Lonnath is an attempt to open a window on the breadth of Elven society, illustrating the relationship of interdependence between those who defend the folk of Lindon, and the locals themselves. This offers a range of immersion and activity, from acting in a martial unit tasked with maintaining an effective defence against any threats to the safety of the Elven lands of western Eriador, to playing one of the residents of Falathlorn - bakers, crafters, woodsmen, boatmen, bards - going about their daily affairs.

This means there are three 'themes' of RP to be found within Loth-i-Lonnath, which combine to offer a portrait of the daily lives of the folk of the Havens:

• The martial body is known as the Mithdirith, or Grey Watch. Originally from Mithlond and stationed temporarily in the North Lhun region to patrol the road to Rivendell, they are now quartered near Duillond and have thus begun to recruit from the local area.

• An active Household staff, responsible for the running and maintenance of the Martial estates of the Mithdirith - these are volunteers from the populace who act as a bridge between the two communities.

• The rest of the “Flower” of the Havens are the most important part...the very folk that are being protected. They are the life of Lindon...the Falathrim, and folk of other kindreds who have sought out sanctuary from further afield in preparation for sailing to the uttermost west. Some are weary, others find they still have a sense of adventure, some feel they are drawn to serve alongside the other wardens for the defence of all. Some....just enjoy sitting by the river, strumming their harp and sipping wine. The havens are full of many different kinds of folk, oft with a tale or two to be told - and ever is there to be found some new festival or event to celebrate the joy of life!

High level characters and extensive lore knowledge are not essential; what is essential, is a mature and helpful attitude, kind spirit and keen sense of duty.

For further details, we invite you to view our profile on Laurelin Archives.

Applications may be made on our kinsite!

Or seek out our recruiting officers in-game:
    Curugirion
    Aearandir
    Istuir

Last edited by Curugirion; Jan 15 2013 at 09:12 PM.
    [IMG]http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/member_avatars/679762/original.gif?1384084758[/IMG]
    [B][FONT=palatino linotype][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/508"][COLOR=#40e0d0][SIZE=3]Curugirion[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/B], [FONT=palatino linotype]Hirgonui of the[/FONT] [B][FONT=palatino linotype][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/3197"][COLOR=#ffff00][SIZE=3]Loth-i-Lonnath[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/B]

Re: Loth-i-Lonnath (Elf-only RP kinship)

One of the most beautiful Kin I know Good luck Loth I Lonnath
    Achazia Songweaver
    Songwriter in The Shades. Listen to my music at Soundcloud and Radio Rivendell
    Contributor at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Achy View Post
    One of the most beautiful Kin I know Good luck Loth I Lonnath
    I heartily agree!

Loth-i-Lonnath are one of the most dedicated Elf-kins that I know of, and one of the friendliest!

If it were not for my own characters' being solely of Lórien, I would have easily sent an application to join.

No vain i sŷl dhîn
    [CENTER][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/21"]Andarne Glingaeron, "Baingol", o Lothlórien.[/URL]
    ::
    Master of Elven Lore ‡ Roleplayer ‡ Elf of [EN-RP] Laurelin
    [URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Hall_of_fire_wednesday"]Hûd in Eledhrim[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.thetaintedlands.co.uk/77"]Gûr Edhellen[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org"]The Laurelin Archives[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.thetaintedlands.co.uk/"]The Tainted Lands[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/TaintCraft?feature=mhee"]TaintCraft[/URL][/CENTER]

Of the very brief encounters I have had with Loth-i-Lonnath, they have been great. They are a very nice bunch and take their Elven roleplay seriously.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I agree with the above posts, they are a very nice kinship bound in friendship. They keep the Grey Havens very secure.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

An awesome kinship, excelent roleplayers and persons I enjoy every minute I Roleplay with them, for their grace, and the nice smile they allwyas have in their faces.

*hugs to Loth-i-Lonnath* GL recruiting!
    Isilmewen Lothglorion from Rivendel, map caretaker, cartographer and master scholar.

*To trolls: I can't read you, you know why... (still haven't learnt trollish language).

Hello, I have been away from lotro for a while, I only played the game as a game before (little RPing). However the moments where I've had the most fun, is when I am RPing.

So I guess I wanted to post and say that I'm interested.

I see that you want a committment for the "weekly Mustering on Tuesday evenings" and that's fine, however I was unable to identify what time zone most of the Rpers are in...

I apologize if that information was readily available, I was unable to find it.
    I have had a reasonable amount of experience RPing in forums, and I believe it would be great fun to have a go at it in game.

I would need to make a brand new toon, and from what I read, that would be ok.

I look forward to hearing a reply
    Last edited by Marsonell; Jul 03 2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: mistake

Many thanks for your interest Marsonell - and good call for pointing out that I had omitted any reference to the time zone!

Most of our members are in the UK, though we have a couple from Europe / Scandinavia, so by and large our activities are in the evenings GMT (or British Summer Time as it is at the moment). However, you will often find some of our members keep odd hours, and can be found logged in at all times of day - or well into the night!

A new character certainly poses no issue, and is as welcome as a character at cap. Class itself is not something we acknowledge per se in-game; in RP, the classes we prefer are merely taken as a reflection of training and aptitude in the skills that form our kinship's core 'operational aesthetic' - if that makes sense? We have accommodated a couple of different classed characters in the kinship, but we are always keen to maintain a majority of the two (warden and hunter) that represent the heart of what we are about.

Feel free to seek out our characters in-game, or send me a PM here, if you have any other queries about the kinship, or questions about your character choice.

Look forward to meeting you!
    [IMG]http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/member_avatars/679762/original.gif?1384084758[/IMG]
    [B][FONT=palatino linotype][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/508"][COLOR=#40e0d0][SIZE=3]Curugirion[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/B], [FONT=palatino linotype]Hirgonui of the[/FONT] [B][FONT=palatino linotype][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/3197"][COLOR=#ffff00][SIZE=3]Loth-i-Lonnath[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/B]

Ok, I am 6 hours behind you guys. So depending on how late some of you stay up, it may work.

I was on sunday evening (early AM monday to be exact) and none of the 3 mods were on. I will look for you again in the days to come.

My character's name is "Marsonell" and I am a hunter. I must say, I really enjoyed RPing with the few random people I ran into during the starting zones. So I hope to see you in game soon

Suilad!

I've recently come over to Laurelin from Landroval, and I've been very pleased with what I've seen so far. I was even more pleased to see that there's a kinship with a premise that meshes so very well with my own elvish character, Thelahir. I hope for an opportunity to speak and/or role-play with one of you soon!
    ~Player of Celothor Orelion and Branfrith of Rohan~

Quote Originally Posted by Curugirion View Post
    We have accommodated a couple of different classed characters in the kinship, but we are always keen to maintain a majority of the two (warden and hunter) that represent the heart of what we are about.
    Are minstrels not highly prized among a kinship that calls the Land of Music (Lindon) its home?

Thus it came to be that the Teleri, who were from the beginning lovers of water, and the fairest singers of all the Elves, were after enamoured of the seas, and their songs were filled with the sound of waves upon the shore.

When many years had passed, Ulmo hearkened to the the prayers of the Noldor and of Finwë their king, who grieved at their sundering from the Teleri, and besought him to bring them to Aman...Some [Ulmo] persuaded to remain; and those were the Falathrim, the Elves of the Falas, who in after days had dwellings at the havens of Brithombar and Eglarest, the first mariners of Middle-earth and the first makers of ships, Círdan the Shipwright was their lord.
    Source: Tolkien, J.R.R. (author) and Tolkien, Christopher (editor). 'Of Eldamar and the Princes of the Eldalië'. The Silmarillion.

Many of these Falathrim populated Harlindon after the sinking of Beleriand.

Beautiful artwork by the way!
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

@ Thelahir: glad you find the premise of the kinship appeals to you - and yes, we hope to meet you IC soon!

@ Curulinde: and yes, music is indeed woven into much of our RP - but you must realise, that being "fairest singers of all the Elves", IC we take our musical nature somewhat for granted; in our eyes, we Falathrim are all bards and minstrels by default!

In offering ourselves to Lindon's defence, we are merely donning the tools and skills of war; our love and talent for music, dance and song remain undimmed by that; ten, or fifty - or a thousand - years ago, many of our number may have been considered as bards in their everyday existence.

We DO have a Minstrel in the kinship, but to our characters, he is not somehow a greater singer than they, but rather, his inner light and innocent nature is less inclined to take on the grim burden of 'warden's gear' and he has instead been assigned duty as herald and bannerbearer of the Household - less martial but no less vital to morale.
    Last edited by Curugirion; Jul 11 2011 at 09:16 PM.

...in our eyes, we Falathrim are all bards and minstrels by default!
    I have to admit that the role of warrior did not come naturally to me, but once I became accustomed to wielding sword (the pointy end goes towards my foe, right?) and shield I began to feel at home on the battlefield.

Now that I faced and defeated the Enemy on many fronts, I am quite certain that the other members of my company, regardless of their role in battle, feel that I am no less a warrior than they. I hope in time that you will pay that same respect to the sole minstrel in yours.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadgerbrock View Post
    I have to admit that the role of warrior did not come naturally to me, but once I became accustomed to wielding sword (the pointy end goes towards my foe, right?) and shield I began to feel at home on the battlefield.

Now that I faced and defeated the Enemy on many fronts, I am quite certain that the other members of my company, regardless of their role in battle, feel that I am no less a warrior than they. I hope in time that you will pay that same respect to the sole minstrel in yours.
    Ai! Please do not misrepresent us!

As Elves, we respect each other regardless of any consideration of our duties; the warrior is not deemed somehow worthy of more respect than the healer - quite the reverse in fact.

In many ways, our bard is the figure of our kinship who receives the greatest respect of his fellows. He embodies that which we strive to defend undimmed by the Enemy - and he strides forth to fight the shadow with the greatest of weapons: the light and hope that stems from his voice! Yes, he can wield sword and shield as any of us must in dire need, yet as is mentioned in the Laws and Customs of the Eldar, it is deemed that in killing, the power of healing may be diminished - so there is entirely no lore reason why a healer would be treated with any less respect than a warrior!

(BTW: half the kin have mini alts we love, so you won't find any mini-bashing here! )
    Last edited by Curugirion; Jul 12 2011 at 04:38 PM.

Ai! Please do not misrepresent us!
    I'm sorry if you feel that I misrepresented you. (Did you perhaps mean to say misinterpreted?). You stated,

we Falathrim are all bards and minstrels by default!
    and

We DO have a Minstrel in the kinship, but to our characters, he is not somehow a greater singer than they
    which implies that his musical gifts are no greater than those of anyone else in your House? Would Thingol would have said this of Daeron?

Furthermore,

...and he has instead been assigned duty as herald and bannerbearer of the Household.
    sounds a bit dismissive to me, even if the renowned Elrond Halfelven, son of Eärendil, was once herald to Gil-galad.

But your last statements have reassured me that your minstrel is a valued member of your company, and receives the honor that he/she deserves.

I hope you do not mind that I challenged your thoughts on this matter, but we minstrels should stand up for one another.

@ Curulinde - I think the point here is that we are a military oriented kin. In battle, would you place the lightest armed and armoured person at the point of attack? That would be tantamount to murder on the behalf of the officer that made the order. Thus, we would not place a minstrel in our front line of battle, as we value them too much to see them injured.

What we are stating in our brief, is that our prime need is for wardens as a class, as that is the 'feel' of the kin we are trying to achieve, along with a certain uniformity of equippage and other detailing. We aim to fight in ranks of spear and shield, and act in battle in a disciplined and ordered manner.

At no point to we denigrate or do dishonour to other classes, as others have already stated, many of us (myself included) have minstrel alts, whom we love

I think that having minstrel as a class description can be somewhat misleading in certain instances, as there is then a presumption that minstrels and only minstrels can be legendary or even better than average singers/musicians. As I see it, there should be no reason why a "Warden" or "Guardian" cannot also play the harp (other instruments are available ). As elves, we do have a certain amount of time on our hands, to be able to learn and achieve mastery of many things, no?
    As an example, Durthand, my Warden, is also a skilled woodworker (Supreme Master in game terms) and harpist (obviously with the .abc system there's no real way to quantify any level of greatness there, I would say that she's a solid to good player, with a limited repertoire due to lack of practise), although she lacks the skill or confidence to sing.

Anyway, apologies for the wall of text, and I hope that this clarifies our position?
    Last edited by Durthand; Jul 13 2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typos

Yes, I understand completely. In reality, minstrels would very rarely, if ever, accompany the men-at-arms. For instance, there are no examples of Daeron accompanying Beleg, and there are no professional musicians mentioned to be among the Riders of Rohan while they are in the field. Minstrels who accompany knights are in danger of being eaten in times when food becomes scarce. It's best they remain at court.

Last edited by oldbadgerbrock; Jul 15 2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: correct typo + slight rewordings

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadgerbrock View Post
    Yes, I understand completely. In reality, minstrels would very rarely, if ever, accompany the men-at-arms. For example, there are no examples of Daeron accompanying Beleg, and there are no professional musicians mentioned to be among the Riders of Rohan. Minstrels who accompanied knights are in danger of being eaten in times when food becomes scarce. It's best the remain at court.

Aha, but only if they be of Brave Sir Robin!
    [CENTER][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/21"]Andarne Glingaeron, "Baingol", o Lothlórien.[/URL]
    ::
    Master of Elven Lore ‡ Roleplayer ‡ Elf of [EN-RP] Laurelin
    [URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Hall_of_fire_wednesday"]Hûd in Eledhrim[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.thetaintedlands.co.uk/77"]Gûr Edhellen[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org"]The Laurelin Archives[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.thetaintedlands.co.uk/"]The Tainted Lands[/URL] ‡ [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/TaintCraft?feature=mhee"]TaintCraft[/URL][/CENTER]

There was much rejoicing, but those guy the misntrels, wear weapons and shields that is far more than Loremaster wear, they can even wear medium armour, same armour as wardens wear

Just to say someting

And a misntrel is not a bard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minstrel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard
    Isilmewen Lothglorion from Rivendel, map caretaker, cartographer and master scholar.

*To trolls: I can't read you, you know why... (still haven't learnt trollish language).

Quote Originally Posted by Glingaeron View Post
    Aha, but only if they be of Brave Sir Robin!
    Mm, that one had it coming.
    ~Player of Celothor Orelion and Branfrith of Rohan~

Red face Re: Loth-i-Lonnath (Elf-only RP kinship)

hi,I am a lotr fan from Asia and I am looking for kinship.I have seen your profile,it's indescribably beautiful,the music touched me a lot.Loth-i-Lonnath is the kinship I want most,I really want to join you...But I have LANGUAGE PROBLEM. I have very little time online(I can only have time during summer and winter holidays for a while) and I am shy and quiet.
    If I could have the honour to join you,I would love and enjoy it gently.. ^ ^.presently,I am busy with study,there will be enough time when I graduate from college. I am Elemiriel,elf hunter of Lorien of Laurelin..wish to hear from you,friend.

Smile Re: Loth-i-Lonnath (Elf-only RP kinship)

Alas,maybe I shall apply for Archers of the Golden Forest.I am elf hunter of Lorien,does it matter?

Greetings and well met, Elemiriel! Thank you for your very kind words about the kin. The best thing is to speak with one of us in game, or let us know roughly the times you play, and we will look for and contact you. We are a friendly bunch, so don't be concerned about the 'shy and quiet'. There are lots of very good kins on Laurelin, so you are of course free to approach any. But if being a hunter from the beautiful Lothlorien is concerning you, it is not really an issue. Your character does not have to be from the Havens. Many elves have travelled west to take ship, and some may have changed their minds and decided to aid with the protection of the gateway to the uttermost west for a while.

As for the possible language problem.....so far it is no problem at all. Look forward to chatting with you.
    Last edited by Aearlinn; Jul 30 2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Aearlinn of Mithlond. Danel of Thargelion. Yrill of Eregion. All of Bar en Vanimar.

Talking Re: Loth-i-Lonnath (Elf-only RP kinship)

Quote Originally Posted by Aearlinn View Post
    Greetings and well met, Elemiriel! Thank you for your very kind words about the kin. The best thing is to speak with one of us in game, or let us know roughly the times you play, and we will look for and contact you. We are a friendly bunch, so don't be concerned about the 'shy and quiet'. There are lots of very good kins on Laurelin, so you are of course free to approach any. But if being a hunter from the beautiful Lothlorien is concerning you, it is not really an issue. Your character does not have to be from the Havens. Many elves have travelled west to take ship, and some may have changed their minds and decided to aid with the protection of the gateway to the uttermost west for a while.

As for the possible language problem.....so far it is no problem at all. Look forward to chatting with you.
    Hail,Aearlinn,I am glad to see your message and more pleased to see there are a a bunch of kind people.I am not sure which day I would be online,but the time is probably during 7am to 12am (beijing time GMT +8)。I would try to contact one of you in the game and I am happy to wait for recruiting patiently.now I see myself as one of you.Mae govannen !
    The language problem,I mean,I am not good at oral english,I am slow to respond and sometimes not sure how to respond suitably at all.so I often keep silent.but if anyone ask me a favour ,I would kindly offer help.No problem with very proper english.
    Look forward to contact with you.

As a newcomer to the server, I am immediately intrigued by your guild. The work you've put into your Archives page alone speaks of a very high quality. So, I thought it might be worth resurrecting this thread to ask a few questions.

First off, I feel I should be honest. I have had a reasonable amount of experience on MMO RP (WoW mainly, with a little Rift) and significant experience of both tabletop and Live Action RP in the so called 'real world' but I haven't yet got any experience RPing in LotRO. I am a fan of the universe, yes, but I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything Tolkien. Read the books, currently re-reading Silmarillion (it's a bit difficult to understand when you're 12...) and am definitely enthusiastic but, as I say, comparatively limited knowledge. I don't, for example, speak Sindarin. (Well, asides from a few phrases I use to wind up my friends...) I don't even have an elf... yet. Mostly because I'm new. I'll be rolling one up shortly, depending on the responce I get to this I suppose.

I'm also shy. Diagnosed with mental health stuff, chief of which is rather crippling anxiety. Don't really need to tell you that, but it does mean I have a hard time speaking to people and engaging with strangers. (Which is why I'm approaching you via forum - easier for me to handle than whispering a stranger in-game)

Anyway, that's me. No sense pretending otherwise, I figure it makes sense to make sure we're on the same page. Anyway, on to my questions.

First off, the big one. How active are you guys at the moment? I'm not expecting you to have a minimum of 10 members online 24/7, that would be silly. But one of the main things that makes or breaks an MMO for me is having a community to talk to. Grinding mobs and quests for days on end is a lot more manageable when you have company.

Secondly: what do you require from a prospective member? How much activity do you expect? I know you are fairly RP heavy; that's fine with me. I think LotRO has the potential to be one of the strongest universes to get your RP-teeth into and I definitely want to give it a go. But I do have the previously mentioned issues and a very erratic sleep pattern, so hopefully the chance of me disappearing off the grid for a few days sometimes isn't going to be a problem.

In a similar vein, from a more numbers perspective, do you have any requirements of a character. Class, min. level, professions etc. Are there any classes you're more interested in? Any you're full of/don't want? Please do me honest with me, I'm happy to try any class really and "what I want to play" (which is the usual response to these things) is the class that's going to be most useful/appropriate. I like to fit in and be useful.

There's probably more I should be asking, but my mind is going a bit blank. It needs more tea I think. If there's anything else you think is relevant I'd appreciate you mentioning it. My mind's like a sieve. Except even sieves keep some stuff in...

Anyway. Yeah. I'm curious, I'm interested, I'm wanting to know more.

Thanks for your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast