We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Um... is the downloader supposed to disappear?

Yes, I am completely new to this.

I just clicked minimize on the download progress bar, and a few minutes later I went to check the progress and I couldn't find it. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, can I assume it's still downloading, seeing as there's this new LOTRO file on my desktop (LOTRO Standard Res Install Files)?

Re: Um... is the downloader supposed to disappear?

Hmmm. Odd one, that. I can think of two ways to check:

First, check your network activity. Whether via your firewall control or your network connectivity icon, with the installer still active, you should be able to see a serious set of activity.

Second, check your hidden icons on your taskbar. See if your downloader is sitting there waiting for you to notice it. If not, then try to reopen the downloader via the PMB icon.

Good luck and have fun.
    C:>COFFEE.COM error. (A)bort (R)etry (F)all asleep?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024057f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Um... is the downloader supposed to disappear?

Ahhh, there it is. Hidden icons... gotta love 'em.

Well, thanks Amagaim. Should be ready to go by morning, hah... =)

November 2013

I just ran in to this problem.
    Minimized the PMB downloading app cause it's 9GB to download.

After this I went away for 5 mins, came back, it was gone. Gone from the toolbar, and not in the systray (By the clock in the bottom right).

----------

Suggestion 1:
    c:\program files\panda network\media booster, go to this folder and run the app pmb.exe

Suggestion 2:
    Go into task manager, end process for pmb.exe, go to download folder and delete the files, and restart the download.

----------

I found it in task manager but couldn't open the app from there which is too bad.

----------

FUNNY HOW THE APP JUST AUTO SHUT DOWN ON ME AND DISSAPEARED FROM THE TOOLBAR!

This is HONESTLY (#@(#)

When I run PMB from the folder it's in, nothing happens. I want to see the status of my download!
    It's still running in task manager, but I can't see the download status.

I'm running windows XP prof

Quote Originally Posted by treebeerd View Post
    FUNNY HOW THE APP JUST AUTO SHUT DOWN ON ME AND DISSAPEARED FROM THE TOOLBAR!

This is HONESTLY (#@(#)

When I run PMB from the folder it's in, nothing happens. I want to see the status of my download!
    It's still running in task manager, but I can't see the download status.

I'd really recommend you reboot and try again. If you want to be really thorough, I'd recommend rebooting your modem and router before you turn your computer back on.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

The same thing happened to me, with one difference - I got a folder full of files called "LOTROSetup-#.bin.downloading" (replace the number sign with 1-22) that I can't do anything with - I tried reinstalling, and now it's going without a hitch, but that folder is still there and undeleteable - apparently it's doing something, then.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by treebeerd View Post

This may explain why.

I believe LoTRO discontinued support of Windows XP shortly prior to the release of Windows 8. Therefore, new bugs may appear, but since there is no longer a full support for Windows XP, they don't worry about patching the downloads for Window's XP anymore.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy