We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lord I need Yellow onions...

Hi all.
    First post so I hope its in the right place. I just started playing, started a new toon today as I wanted to change worlds. Level 14 Dwarf Guardian. Just a casual player for now but I have a real quick question.

Is there any way of getting a decent supply of yellow onions.

I have tinker as my profession and the only things worth making are made with yellow onions. I know they come from farmers but I dont know any. And if im not mistaken vendors dont sell them and the prices in the auction house is wayyyy to much for me right now.

Any help appreciated.

Jez

Re: Lord I need Yellow onions...

Best thing to do would be to make an alt and make them a farmer. Buying them from another farmer or off of the Auction Hall is the only. If I am not mistaken, those are a tier 1 farming product, so you can make them from the get go, so like I said, make an alt, even if its temporary and farm them, send them via ingame mail. Also, try the /trade channels in the Shire, that's where most farmers are.

If you are on Arkenstone, send me an email through the forums here, and I can get you some.

Honestly, as a Tinkerer your primary tradeskill is Jeweler with Prospecting as your resource supply. The profession of Yeoman (Cook, Farmer, Tailor) is more geared to the Cook as primary (with Farming as resource).

Your secondary craft skill is almost always going to need a resource supply other than that character - either the AH, a kinship mate, or an alt. You can occasionally find Yellow Onions (and other Cook resources) as harvest nodes while adventuring but it would be ... daunting to try and level a Cook that way. You need to either make an alt Farmer or buy the resources you need if you really want to level Cook. Or you might consider going back to the Master of Apprentices and change to Yeoman.

Thank you both. I will make an alt tomorrow. Time to do that intro for the third time this weekend.

Regards
    Jez

Making an alt with farming would work just fine. However, I feel it’s worth mentioning that there is actually a MUCH EASIER way to get the produce you need, and will require a much smaller investment of your time.

The Tinker profession is unique in that it pairs PERFECTLY with the Historian profession. You need produce, and you have no way to farm it yourself. The Historian can farm produce, but cannot cook it. They also have the craft of Weaponsmithing that they CANNOT USE unless they get metal ingots from someone like you, with Prospecting. As luck would have it, you use the precious metals (copper, silver, etc) but have no need for bronze, barrow-Iron, etc. Which is exactly what a Weaponsmith needs.

If you advertise that you would like to find a Historian to exchange metal ingots (bronze, barrow-iron, etc) for produce, you will be inundated with offers.

Obviously, a lot of people enjoy making and playing alts. I do, too! But trading your useless metal ingots with a Historian for their produce will take a LOT less time, and benefit someone else, while you’re at it!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002b366/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[COLOR="lightblue"]~.~ [I]Real LOTRO PvP happens on the AH.[/I] ~.~[/COLOR]

I can't thank you all enough. I have also just started playing this game and ran into the same problem with both onions and spring barley.

Your advice was wonderful.

Thank you again.