We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Where to go after Evendim?

Hi fellows...i'm a level 41 minstrel with premium account and the only quest pack i own is Evendim...i almost finished this area (i think that only 2-3 quests left) so i'm wondering what quest pack to buy next...i have around 1300 tp right now and i would like to reach the highest level with the minimum quests packs.
    Any help to make a good plan?

Re: Where to go after Evendim?

Misty Mountains I'm thinking? I'm not sure on the quest pack availability though I'm afraid. You may be a little low for Angmar I think although that is a very good option if you feel confident to go there.

Good page for finding level specific areas:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest_Levels
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

AW: Where to go after Evendim?

I recommend Misty Mountains or Angmar.

see also
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...st-Packs-Guide

I would say Angmar would be your best bet. You are just the right level to start the quests in W Angmar and you can easily gain 4 or 5 levels before heading to say Forochel.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    "Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

I would recommend buying Misty Mountains and Eregion. You get access to instances that way.

Forochel would get you to level 48/49, after which you can wander into Moria. Angmar would probably get you just as far, but is a fair bit trickier.

Just in case you want more links, here are two more:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-with-your-TPs

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/08/con...vel-chart.html

Those both are getting just slightly out of date, but at this point they're still helpful. I prefer looking through several different content guides, to get a good idea of where I'm going next.
    My characters are listed at my [url=http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elinnea#LOTRO_Characters]lotro-wiki page[/url].

I also recommend Angmar or Forochel.

Forochel is cheaper (595 TP), has pleasant-looking landscape and very smooth quest progression, which can take you from 43 all the way to 50. Also, most quests there are soloable, only like 5 of them require grouping. I suggest you catch up up on the Epic Story Chapters 3-5 taking place in other areas, which should bring you right to 43 and start Forochel then. Maybe at 42 if you can't wait.

Angmar is more expensive (795 TP), but comes with 3 classic instances and 1 Raid. The landscape is very bleak and Mordor-like, which many people find depressing. Also, while Angmar does indeed have tons of quests, many of them require full group and are impossible to solo on-level, keep that in mind. While Angmar instances certainly deserve attention, I suggest you take the Forochel route, brigde the gaps between areas with Epic Story and head to Moria around level 50.

You didn't mention whether you have Moria, so if you don't, you better be saving TP for it, because Moria is one huge zone, that is essentially a must have for level 51-60. Don't forget to Start Epic Volume 2, Book 1 at level 45-46 and progress on it as far as needed to get your 2 starter Legendary items. After that, go back to Forochel, don't forget Epic Volume 1 (easily at least 2-3 levels worth of XP) and return to start Moria proper after you done with Forochel quests.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thank you all for the fast replies
    So as i see my possible choices are: Angmar,Forochel,Misty Mountains and Eregion(maybe?)
    I did my own search in the forum and thanks for the links they helped a lot.
    I found that:

Angmar is probably the best deal for the bucks cause it offers a lot of quests+instances...but many quests are for fellowships(i really can't find people with the same quests to do,it's very hard) and most people hate Angmar cause its a very hard zone+with bad atmosphere,depressive and bad mood and things like that.

Forochel offers a lot of quests most of them solo(thats a good thing for me) but no instances...the only bad thing i found about this zone is that there is a lot of travelling around.

Misty Mountains offers a lot of instances and raids but the quests are not many(around 70+) so maybe leveling in this zone will not be very effective.

Eregion is another good deal and many say that is a soloist' dream but the quests are starting around level 45 and i am only 41...if it was a couple levels lower i would buy Eregion without a second thought.

At the end i am still comfused and it's hard to choose.
    Is it possible to level from 40 to close 50 in only one zone of them? so i could go deep in moria after that.(i don't own that yet)
    Or is it necessary to buy two of them? And which two?
    Last edited by Vamon; Jun 11 2011 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chouxbun View Post
    Misty Mountains I'm thinking? I'm not sure on the quest pack availability though I'm afraid. You may be a little low for Angmar I think although that is a very good option if you feel confident to go there.

Good page for finding level specific areas:
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest_Levels
    Would agree with Misty Mountains, quest in MM will send you to Angmar. If he has his class Evendim Armour Set, Angmar will be little problem for him, tough but doable..
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 87 Warden, Veneur - 62 Hunter, Cneasai - 46 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Vamon View Post
    At the end i am still comfused and it's hard to choose.
    Is it possible to level from 40 to close 50 in only one zone of them? so i could go deep in moria after that.(i don't own that yet)
    Or is it necessary to buy two of them? And which two?
    You can level from 40 to 50 in Angmar alone IF you always have someone to do Full Fellowship quests with. Trust me, that is a pretty big "IF".

Of other other 3 zones: Misty Mountains nominally covers the level range of 39-50, but there are indeed very few quests there. Not enough to level though them only. Eregion has very smooth progress (by which I mean well-organized quests, which cover the entire presented level range), but it is for levels 48-53.

Forochel covers the entire 43-50 level range. Have you already done Epic Volume 1 Books 3-5? They may get you to 42 or 43, when you can start it. Also, once at 48-49 you can do books 6-15, which also provide tons of leveling XP, enough for at least 2-3 levels.

Again, I recommend getting Forochel at any case, plus either Eregion or Misty Mountains to supplement it if needed: those are cheaper than Angmar and you better save TP for Moria, which is unavoidable. Personally, with Misty Mountains, Forochel and Tal Bruinen quests in Trollshaws I got to level 51 or 52 before I started a single quest in Angmar or Eregion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Get Angmar then Forochel then Moria then Lothlorien. Skip Misty+ Eregion+ Endwaith.

That will get you to level 65. Do the epic quests when you are high enough level.

Angmar starts out dark and dreary and it is really easy to hate that zone but it has loads of quests 40-55.

Skip Misty since it has so few quests that it is not worth it.
    Skip Endwaith since you don't need it (although you will be missing a lot of pretty stuff).

Forochel is, indeed, a soloist's dream. There are only a very few quests in that region that you will need more than 1 of you.

But imho you will need a few more levels before venturing there.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS][CENTER][COLOR=#ffff00]
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

So in the end the big battle is Angmar vs Forochel
    Angmar is more fellowship friendly and Forochel is for the soloists.
    I am closer to Forochel because i'm mostly a soloist.
    I will do some Skirmishes and the Epic Books for my level hoping that i will level up to 42-43 and then i'll buy Forochel to play with the snow :-p
    I hope that it will lead me close to level 50 so i can save points to buy Moria.
    Thank you all, you helped me a lot.
    Last edited by Vamon; Jun 11 2011 at 01:25 PM.

I'd go with Angmar even though it's more expensive and tends to have a lot of group quests (you should still be able to solo your way to 50, ready for Moria). Reason being that you'll probably want to run Carn Dum and Urugarth to get your legendary traits, because otherwise you'll have to spend a ton of skirmish points to get those last 4 class quest items....5720 points for a Minstrel. If that doesn't bother you, I'd go with Forochel, but you'll have to gain a few more levels to comfortably start questing there.

Honestly, I'd recommend you go ahead and get the Legendary pack for RoI, since you have almost no QPs already. If you dont have the QPs, its a value almost on par with the MoM box set...its 50 bucks, yes, but you get back $10 worth of TP, so its really all 3 expansions plus Eregion and Trollshaws (ie, "the rest of the game") for $40, and an XP boost if you want to use it, then you can use the 1000 TP to buy Forochel or Angmar to bridge the gap to Eregion if you dont want to do the 'Shaws.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Honestly, I'd recommend you go ahead and get the Legendary pack for RoI, since you have almost no QPs already. If you dont have the QPs, its a value almost on par with the MoM box set...its 50 bucks, yes, but you get back $10 worth of TP, so its really all 3 expansions plus Eregion and Trollshaws (ie, "the rest of the game") for $40, and an XP boost if you want to use it, then you can use the 1000 TP to buy Forochel or Angmar to bridge the gap to Eregion if you dont want to do the 'Shaws.
    Droid beat me to it... this is what I was going to say.

Post Re: Where to go after Evendim?

Trollshaws for a start then Misty Mountains and Forochel

Quote Originally Posted by Lobengulu View Post
    Trollshaws for a start then Misty Mountains and Forochel
    He's outleveled most of Trollshaws now though, all he could really do there, are the Echad Candelleth quests. Only a level, or perhaps two available doing that.

20. Re: Where to go after Evendim?

There's a lot of deeds in Eregion and couple good instances - hard zone to pass up.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    There's a lot of deeds in Eregion and couple good instances - hard zone to pass up.
    Aye, but you do really need to be around level 45 to start it. Most the beasties in the northern parts are level 48/49.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamon View Post
    Hi fellows...i'm a level 41 minstrel with premium account and the only quest pack i own is Evendim...i almost finished this area (i think that only 2-3 quests left) so i'm wondering what quest pack to buy next...i have around 1300 tp right now and i would like to reach the highest level with the minimum quests packs.
    Any help to make a good plan?
    Forochel is perfect in your low 40s, and will get you all the way to 50 without any trouble. After Forochel, go Moria and then Lorien. If you don't mind grinding, you could get yourself all the way to 65 in Lorien just by doing repeatables in Lorien as the area has a ton of them. If you're not into grinding, either Mirkwood or Enedwaith will be good though Mirkwood starts at 60 and Enedwaith's quests don't really start until 65 so they can be tough going if you start right at 60. After that, well, your only real option will be the RoI expansion pack this fall.

That's the best, smoothest and most TP friendly path to cap right now. If you like grouping as opposed to soloing, you might want to swap out Forochel for Angmar. MM and Trollshaws are good zones in their own right but don't don't offer enough questing for a complete level range and aren't worth buying if you're looking to be conservative with your TP spending. Eregion doesn't offer a lot outside of a couple of instances that may or may not be useless come the fall. It's level range is completely covered by other more worthwhile quest packs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f000000132226/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

23. Re: Where to go after Evendim?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenusG View Post
    Aye, but you do really need to be around level 45 to start it. Most the beasties in the northern parts are level 48/49.
    Definitely, I should have been more clear that I didn't mean they should go directly from Evendim to Eregion.

According to http://lotro.mmorsel.com/p/tpfinder.html there's a good amount of TP to be earned in the zone. Angmar is also good for TP if you like to group.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    I was thinking about this...sure it is a very good deal...maybe the best for me but there's is problem...i don't have a credit card...i'm from europe and it doesn't give me a lot of payment choices...if it will give the PaybyCash option in the near future then i could buy the RoI legendary pack...but without it i can't.