We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What IS "My LOTRO" anyway??

We never had this in Europe at all so I never really caught on to what it was all about. And then when we heard Turbine was taking over, many of us were very sad but almost everyone was saying "YAY! We'll get MyLotro!"...

Well, we still haven't yet - but we will. Apparently they're waiting for a couple of weeks while everything settles.

But the thing is... what IS this My Lotro thing?? Can I get all excited about it? I'd like to get all excited about it! Or is there an FAQ somewhere that explains it all to me?

Cara <---- Exciteable hobbit
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    www.TheElders.org.uk Gathering the grey-haired, once of Gilrain now of Laurelin
    An EU-based kinship ambling through Middle Earth smelling the roses as well as killing the wolves.

Re: What IS "My LOTRO" anyway??

Well since it is your LoTRO, we don't know. However, if you type in to your browsers address bar "my.lotro.com" (no quotes) you'll find out.

For me, my.lotro.com is the LoTRO website home page.

Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 89 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 49 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

You can also set up your personal blog page at MyLOTRO, keep up with the latest LOTRO news, and set which of your character statistics you'd like to keep public or private. It's a lot of fun.

Some must fight, so that all may be free.

I was going to say its just the collection of stuff that makes up the website... i.e. Forums, Lorebook, Guides, Store, Lotteries etc.

But.... I have the same access on my EU account that I do on this very old NA account... so I actually have no idea.
    [CENTER][COLOR=white]~ [/COLOR][COLOR=gray][COLOR=deepskyblue]OFFICER[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=white]- [/COLOR][URL="http://titanskinship.com/home/"][COLOR=white]TITANS[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=white] - [/COLOR][COLOR=gray][COLOR=yellowgreen]LANDROVAL[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=white]~[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue][COLOR=deepskyblue][COLOR=deepskyblue]Toulouse McManlySocks [/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=white]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Captain [/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=deepskyblue][COLOR=deepskyblue]Schmippy McSillySausage[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=white]-[/COLOR][COLOR=gray] [COLOR=yellowgreen]Lore Master[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=deepskyblue]Phlex McAngryPants[/COLOR] [COLOR=white]-[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Minstrel [COLOR=white][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00bfff]Lickin McNibbles [/COLOR][COLOR=white]- [/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen]Hunter[/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen] [COLOR=White]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Marmighty McYeastySpread[/COLOR] [COLOR=White]-[/COLOR] Rune-Keeper
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=yellowgreen]SNOWBOURN[/COLOR] - [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Phlex[/COLOR] [COLOR=White]-[/COLOR][COLOR=yellowgreen] Hunter[/COLOR][/CENTER]

What I use my.lotro.com for is to check my characters without having to log into the game.
    You can see a history for each of your characters starting with when they achieved LV2 as well as the most recent quest they have completed.
    You can view your character avatar and see what items are equipped.
    You can check the statistics for the skirmishes the character has completed.
    You can check on your kinship and see how each kinship member is doing or obtain information regarding a kinship on the kinship page.

One thing I have found very helpful is I want to check while in-game to see if there are items that I can craft for any of my characters. I can log on my crafter in game in windows mode and open a browser window to my.lotro.com and check each character to see what they have equipped while checking to see if my crafter can provide anything that is better.

It is a useful tool for examining your character information when you are not able to log on.

Thank you Dunford. Now that does sound something to be reasonably excited about. I could save a ton of time if I can check the equipment stats of an alt when I plan to craft something for her. At the moment, I have to re-log, scribble everything down, then switch back. Too tedious. Pulling up a web page just sounds great.

As does checking on my kin.... Mwuhahahahaha... Now they can never be safe from my watching eyes!!

Cara
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    www.TheElders.org.uk Gathering the grey-haired, once of Gilrain now of Laurelin
    An EU-based kinship ambling through Middle Earth smelling the roses as well as killing the wolves.

Just to be clear, you can't see who is online or anything like that.

Also, another feature of my.lotro is the leaderboards, for PvMP and for skirmishes.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

The temporary loss of my.lotro has had an unexpectedly big effect on my playing of the game. I'm a fairly new player, and I use it to plan ahead, figure out which quests I've completed and which arcs I should finish up the following evening.

I'm currently in Moria which is rather dark and confusing as a new player, and so my.lotro has been an even bigger help than usual recently. Now that it's not available, I keep finding myself in Chamber of the Crossroads when I should be in Deep Descent, or similar situations. I probably won't play much until it comes back up.
    Last edited by Midnightjade; Jun 09 2011 at 04:25 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003164da/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR=Orange]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Orange]
    [/COLOR]

I'm also curious as to what MyLotro is and can do, and is waiting for it to get back up. Do we know when they plan to activate again?
    Leader of Tranquility - [EU] Gilrain. Casual adventures since 2007

They said around the end of the month or early next month.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001a34b0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=https://twitter.com/NalyeAsMeldar]Twitter[/url] | [URL="http://sarathaela.deviantart.com/"]Deviant Art[/URL] | [URL="http://hammadiquendi.blogspot.ch/"]Hammad-i-Quendi - Outfits for Elves[/URL]
    Daerundros | Selarthil | Ruthoiel | Duinien[/center]