We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Instance: We cannot get out... changed?

Let me preface this by stating that I have successfully managed to complete this quest on two other toons before attempting it on my hunter. The strategy was pretty simple... Fight in the chamber of Marzarbul (or however it's spelled) until Mazog appears. Usually at that point I'd put some distance between us until I regen'd morale then I'd rush in and fight Mazog until he went green. Get swarmed and fight til I died.

This worked like a charm until update 3 came out. Now it doesn't work at all and I'm at a loss, unable to continue on in this quest line because I die and fail the instance. I even made sure I killed something, anything after Mazog went green again just in case I had to prove I went down fighting.

Has anyone completed this since update 3 and if so how did you manage it? I've tried this once a day for the last four days and I still can't do it.

Re: Instance: We cannot get out... changed?

Hi, I did this a few days ago. It was working fine. When you take Mazog to green health you have to survive for about 15 - 20 secs until you get the instance is completed message. Usually you can die fighting, but if you died before the timer is up, you fail the instance. If it looks like you are going to die too early, run around the room until the instance finishes.

Hope that helps

Once Mazog goes green and into drama mode, immediately switch targets to any of the other mobs. You'll slay at least one or two before you are defeated and that should successfully complete the instance. At least that did it for me on all my characters.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000002b4/01005/signature.png]Slyfinger[/charsig]
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Ori can be defeated? I was disappointed that the instance ended - I thought there was a good chance of killing Mazog. He went into drama mode, new wave of adds swarmed in, I was still around 60% morale, and the instance ended before I could clear them and finish off Mazog. Couldn't let that happen for obvious plot reasons of course.

Though if you think too hard about the plotline it really doesn't make sense. They "couldn't get out" to the west because the Watcher is immune to non-LI weapons. But LI's drop like goblin snot in Moria, so why didn't Ori and friends have them and just leave, smack the Watcher around, and have some beers in Rivendell?

Ori's incredible uber-ness really impressed me though. If that's what champions are like, I need to spend more time on mine!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    Ori's incredible uber-ness really impressed me though. If that's what champions are like, I need to spend more time on mine!
    Yep...thats what made me roll a champion alt
    Arkenhelm - 86 Loremaster (R6) - Landroval
    Ivalden - 76 Captain (R2) - Landroval
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval
    Naurvion - 26 Loremaster - Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by J_Howell View Post
    Though if you think too hard about the plotline it really doesn't make sense. They "couldn't get out" to the west because the Watcher is immune to non-LI weapons. But LI's drop like goblin snot in Moria, so why didn't Ori and friends have them and just leave, smack the Watcher around, and have some beers in Rivendell?
    If I had to guess, it's because they didn't have anyone available to identify the LIs they'd uncovered. Can't equip them until identified...

Quote Originally Posted by BellusDuFenna View Post
    If I had to guess, it's because they didn't have anyone available to identify the LIs they'd uncovered. Can't equip them until identified...
    OMG, that actually makes sense!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

When Mazog appears he generally has 2 minions with him and after a brief dialogue they all start beating on you.

The swarm of extra orcs don't appear till Mazog goes green and he won't go green till you attack him and get him down so far. Therefore when Mazog and his 2 henchmen start beating on you take down the 2 henchmen first, that will decrease your incoming damage from that fight. As I recall Mazog himself doesn't do a huge amount of damage so you may get chance to recover a bit when you're just down to fighting him. When he goes green and the swarm of orcs appear don't even try to fight , just kite round the room till the timer is up and you've successfully completed.

Good luck
    Must remember to engage brain before using keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by silverblade5445 View Post
    Yep...thats what made me roll a champion alt
    Same here. Was sorely disappointed not to get an Ori-style knockback horn though.
    [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"][b][EN-RP] Laurelin:[/b] [COLOR="Cyan"]Trufflewise[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Burglar) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Uthrek[/COLOR] Wintermane (Dwarf Champion) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Berthon[/COLOR] Pilchard (Man Captain) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Finglan[/COLOR] (Elf Warden) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Boggeric[/COLOR] Myrtlepot (Hobbit Minstrel)
    [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishbone[/COLOR] (Clueless Warg) - [COLOR="Cyan"]Fishburz[/COLOR] (Warleader)[/COLOR]
    [url=http://blog.rebma.net/2011/02/08/lotro-the-ganking-of-boromir/]I ganked Boromir[/url].[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflewise View Post
    Same here. Was sorely disappointed not to get an Ori-style knockback horn though.
    Heh. On my most recent run, I blew 3-4 orcs off the bridge at the beginning, then was stuck waiting for a couple of minutes because I'd confused the NPC (he'd apparently targeted one of the flying orcs and couldn't figure out pathing).

General tips:

• Ori has a HoT - fire it up when you're about 25% down (75% remaining) and the cooldown should be up again before you know it.
    • Use your AoE attacks every time you can.
    • There's a pip-adding skill you can toggle - only available in combat, 2m cooldown, but it stays up as long as you remain in combat. Make sure it's available to use after Mazog does drama.

As far as I know, nothing has changed in there lately. With a bit of care, you can easily make it look like Ori should've survived.

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but I'm having serious difficulty completing this instance. Let me start by saying that I usually play tactical and ranged classes so this session play where I have to play a champ is right out of my comfort zone. I have successfully gotten 3 of my characters though this instance but all of them were over a year ago. Has anything changed? I'm not even able to get past the bit where you fight Mazog and his two henchmen. I never had this much trouble completing this instance before. What am I doing wrong??
    "Happiness is not a destination, it is a journey." - Dalai Lama

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017a834/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ok it seems that the key to finishing this instance successfully is to complain on the forum that you keep failing. LOL

I just completed it (6th time's the charm, apparently) and I did *nothing* different.

Go figure.
    "Happiness is not a destination, it is a journey." - Dalai Lama

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017a834/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

For me it is impossible to finish. When some 20 lvl.60 orc zerg on me, there is no chance to finish this.

I as well as some other people have had some problems with this over the last few days, see here for some additional info: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?512444-We-Cannot-Get-Out!-Vol-II-Book-3-main-quest

B
    est of luck completing it
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~