We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Active skill cooldowns

Is there any plugin that shows me cooldowns of certain skills? This would be great for my warden masteries and stuff like that.

Re: Active skill cooldowns

Sadly, as of now we do not have access to this information.
    Formerly know as [B]MrJackdaw[/B]
    Author of [I]Bevy-o-Bars, SortPack, VBar[/I] and [I]BuffFrame[/I]
    Characters; [B]Dirmac[/B], [B]Dvarlin [/B]and [B]Fathiriel[/B]

Dvarlin pretty much said it. It's possible to get something close, with skills on a Lua quickslot, and user-supplied cooldown times. However it's prone to error as there's no way to detect if the skill in question was executed, just if someone clicked on the slot.

So yeah, like Dvarlin said - there's no accurate way, but there have been plugins that attempt to do it anyway - with how well it works being directly based on how much criteria is applied to that skill.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    Dvarlin pretty much said it. It's possible to get something close, with skills on a Lua quickslot, and user-supplied cooldown times. However it's prone to error as there's no way to detect if the skill in question was executed, just if someone clicked on the slot.
    You can do a little bit better than that. What you need to do is...

1) For every single way you have of activating a skill (which means, you need to watch the quickslot keys + make sure the only on-screen quickslots are generated and watched by your script), store the power drop from using the skill and the interval between skill activation and the power drop. The interval is actually somewhat variable, so you'll need to apply a fudge factor to it.

2) Keep a queue of the skill usage and time stamps.

3) Once you a power drop, look up what possible skills could have caused a power drop of that magnitude, and then search your queue for the most recently used skill with the correct power drop and that occurred far enough in the past that the interval between skill activation and power drop was satisfied. Remove the skill usage and all prior skill usages from the queue.

I'd say 90%+ accuracy, mostly depending on whether or not I'm purposely trying to break the system. Down sides are, you'll need to recalibrate any time any of the power costs or induction/animation times change (I'd suggest setting up some system to save configurations). Also, of course, it can't detect quickslot usages that don't have a power cost.

Edit: Also, it ignores any buffs that may change the timing interval. I was going to say that it's enough of a pain to do a calibration currently, but it just occurred to me that it might not be any harder to handle buffs.
    Last edited by moebius92; Jun 11 2011 at 07:42 PM.