We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Nestle between the Great Sea to the east and the vast plains of Ruhn to the west, and stretching from the warm lands in the south of Gondor Desert to icy Forochel in the north, this amazing land is ready to open its secrets to adventurers and travelers prepared to push into the lesser-known quarters: to the lava fields of Mordor national park where danger still lurks around every corner, to the wild beauty of Mirkwood natural reserve. Along the journey you will meet many amazing people, fight orcs and monsters, discover majestic landscapes, and taste the unique flavors of Middle-earth.

Middle-earth, a place that will forever keep you under its spell!

Middle-Earth: An explorer's Guide

Amorey - Bard of the Shire

Hello

The Laurelin Archives will go down for maintenance today , 20th of September at 18,00 UTC ( Find your timezone HERE )

This will be a routine maintenance and updates for the site.

We appreciate your patience.

- Amorey

Laurelin Archives Webteam

Hello Laurelin,

I just wanted say that I am the new reporter and moderator for the Laurelin Archives and that I am looking forward to helping maintain the site so that our RP community can continue to flourish, as well as write articles that are of interest to you.

If you want to know more about me, please go to https://laurelinarchives.org/about.

If you want to contact me about article ideas or anything that may concern you, feel free to do so and I will answer as soon as possible.

~ Gæded
    Gæded ~ Shieldmaiden of Helm's Deep ~ Second-in-Command of the Black Steel
    Mornenion "Morimaitë, Celussë" Darkwater ~ Avari Historian and Scholar

Laurelin Archives Web Team

Hello to all those out there that use the Laurelin Archives in support of your Roleplay on the Laurelin Server. I just wanted to say thank-you for all your support over the years, the site has certainly grown larger than anything the team ever imagined.

I just wanted to inform you of a recent change the team have made to the Archives in an attempt to keep events current and up to date. Being an active member of the community I know it can be frustrating turning up to a publicized event that fails to happen for one reason or another. To that end we have adjusted the way events are listed on the Archives.

In the past events could be posted for a set duration from months to years and the team would try to drop in on the longer posted ones to see if the event was running.

From now on new events posted will only have one occurrence so the event host will have to repost the event each week. Now we accept that sometimes events may run even if the host is away so to help out the host can always make contact with the Archives team and we will update the event in their absence.
    We hope this change will ensure that events listed are kept current so that those attending will not be disappointed.

As always if anyone has any questions on this issue or anything else on the Laurelin Archives then please feel free to contact one of the team.

Regards
    Khalis – Laurelin Archives Web Team

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    As always if anyone has any questions on this issue or anything else on the Laurelin Archives then please feel free to contact one of the team.
    Just as a reminded on contacting the team to discuss anything to do with the Laurelin Archives site. The best ways are to send an email into the team (contact@laurelinarchives.org). Or direct a message to myself under Khalis or the other in game team member Gaeded. From there any of us can direct your query to the whole team for action.

We are always open to new ideas or even simply improve what we already have in place.

Thanks for your support as always.

Summer Holidays are almost upon us, a time when many people choose to take some of their annual holiday. This year two of the team members holidays overlap so we will be at one third our normal strength for part of the month of August.

• From the period of the week of the 8th August through to the end of the month we will be a little slower in reacting to any issues which arise.

• Account approvals will be on hold and will resume after this period as the way the account verification works we verify the character names in world.

Please direct any concerns to the contact@laurelinarchives.org mailbox during this period rather than directly with the two in game web team members.

Thanks for your support as always.

Normal service has been resumed, those who have applied for account during this period should find them now active. If there are any problems please get in touch.

Having listened to many of the roleplaying player base who use the Laurelin Archives regularly the team have decided to make a few changes outlined below which you will see going live in the oncoming days/weeks.

The Laurelin Archives will be setting the status of all kinships listed to "Dormant". The designated originator of the kin pages will be able to edit their pages and change the status to accurately represent their kins activity level, or they can contact the Laurelin Archives Web Team via the Archives contact email, contact@laurelinarchives.org.
    This is in keeping with the request of many of the site users to have the kinships status be more accurate in its representation of activity level and also our wish to provide the best service we can to the community.

Secondly there has been feedback that members would like to see artwork produced by the player base displayed seperately to the current system where all images are shown in the same panel. This will mean that current artwork will remain on the front page longer and be appreciated more. So you will see the current system broken down into Screenshots and Artwork.

If you have any comments or suggestions then please contact any member of the team through the usual channels.

Our thanks again to all those who have contributed to the site past and present to make it what it is today.

I would also like to give a personal thanks to Calenon who has been owner and lead member of the Laurelin Archives since the day of its conception.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    Having listened to many of the roleplaying player base who use the Laurelin Archives regularly the team have decided to make a few changes outlined below which you will see going live in the oncoming days/weeks.

Secondly there has been feedback that members would like to see artwork produced by the player base displayed seperately to the current system where all images are shown in the same panel. This will mean that current artwork will remain on the front page longer and be appreciated more. So you will see the current system broken down into Screenshots and Artwork.
    This has now been implemented with the top row being set to show artwork uploaded by the Laurelin community and the lower two rows for screenshots.

Thanks again for the support and ideas fed through to the team by the community.

The Laurelin Archive Team have just increased our team by an additional member, Aeruthuil so I would like to take this opportunity to welcome him into our small team. The current team consists of four members;

Calenon - Founder and Technical Administrator

Khalis - Lead Moderator

Geaded - Moderator and Publisher

Aeruthuil - Moderator

Once again I would like to thank all those who make their home on Laurelin and who have contributed to this community site since its founding now over 10 years ago!

Merry Christmas to One and All!

I am really please to be able to say that a certain well known Hobbit whose heart is far taller then their stature has come out of retirement to once more be part of the Laurelin Archives Web Team. The team is now back to full strength and is ready and able to serve the Laurelin Community, so please keep the ideas and thoughts flowing into the team through the usual contact means or contact one of us direct.

The team now consists of ;-
    Calenon - Founder and Technical Administrator

Amorey - Moderator and Reporter

Khalis - Moderator

Aeruthuil - Moderator

Thank You kindly, Khalis, it is really nice to be back dusting cobwebs in the old Archives.

As Khalis mentioned, feel free to get in touch if you need any support, this hobbit is always happy to be at your service, and your families

And here is this month editorial :

Have you ever wished to be taller? Most hobbits do, I bet there are also some dwarves out there that would enjoy a few more inches. If you travel to Fangorn Forest, don't forget to visit Wellinghall, home of Treebeard - there you may find some very special brew called Ent-Draught. Have a sip, and enjoy your new stature.

Middle-Earth Feast - The History Of Ent-Draughts

Three cheers for Amorey!!
    Owner - Laurelin RP Group Discord server - https://discord.me/laurelinrp

Dear friends, now it is more important than ever to have a place where to forget, a place to relax, and unwind. The Laurelin Archives is here for all of you in these challenging times. We look forward to read more of your amazing adventures in Middle-earth and to admire your artwork and screenshots. Please be safe, take care of yourselves, follow your Governments and World Health Organization's advice, and don't be scared, better times will come again.

-Laurelin Archives Web Team-

The Light Of Hope

A plea from a young hobbit

Hello everyone, I am a recently returnee and finding myself very much enjoying my time with my young hobbit burglars adventures (still) in the Shire. First of all I am very sorry that this is most likely in the wrong place but I just cannot figure out how, or even if, I can create a new topic. Absolutely feel free to move it to the right place or remove it alltogether if I am in violation of any rules - I would ask in /world or /trade but those are still locked for me as I am taking my sweet time.

To the plea then. I was skimming through the charatcer creation to see if there was any new classes etc - just for curiosity I 100% know that I am playing a burglar - and lo and behold I stumpled upon a gorgeous set of armor on none other than the burglar class. I must have this, absolutely I must. So after a longwinded search some friendly people on twitter brought my attention to the burglar Dunland armor sets, not quite the set shown in character creation but pretty close. Sadly I found out that is rather high level and it would be literal ages before I shall see myself in such glorious garments - and then a spark of hope as another friendly comment from twitter meantioned what he calls "a cosmetic copy"

And so I ask if anyone out there happends to own either an actual copy of the set shown in burglar character creation or a set of the burglar Dunland armor (https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dunland_Armor_Sets) and is able to make a cosmetic copy of it, would be willing to help out a young up-and-coming burglar look the part. I have no idea to the cost of such a project and very little in the ways of coins, a bunch of silver is my fortune so I am afraid all I would be able to pay for such a kindness is said fortune and a whole bunch of gratitute.

Regardless of the outcome of this longwinded plea, tale, whatever it ended up being - I hope to come across some of the people I can hear chatting away in /global, you surely do seem a friendly bunch

EDIT: forgot to add my ingame name - just in case: Sasparilla
    Last edited by Taargkrizzt; May 19 2020 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taargkrizzt View Post
    Hello everyone, I am a recently returnee and finding myself very much enjoying my time with my young hobbit burglars adventures (still) in the Shire. First of all I am very sorry that this is most likely in the wrong place but I just cannot figure out how, or even if, I can create a new topic. Absolutely feel free to move it to the right place or remove it alltogether if I am in violation of any rules - I would ask in /world or /trade but those are still locked for me as I am taking my sweet time.

To the plea then. I was skimming through the charatcer creation to see if there was any new classes etc - just for curiosity I 100% know that I am playing a burglar - and lo and behold I stumpled upon a gorgeous set of armor on none other than the burglar class. I must have this, absolutely I must. So after a longwinded search some friendly people on twitter brought my attention to the burglar Dunland armor sets, not quite the set shown in character creation but pretty close. Sadly I found out that is rather high level and it would be literal ages before I shall see myself in such glorious garments - and then a spark of hope as another friendly comment from twitter meantioned what he calls "a cosmetic copy"

And so I ask if anyone out there happends to own either an actual copy of the set shown in burglar character creation or a set of the burglar Dunland armor (https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dunland_Armor_Sets) and is able to make a cosmetic copy of it, would be willing to help out a young up-and-coming burglar look the part. I have no idea to the cost of such a project and very little in the ways of coins, a bunch of silver is my fortune so I am afraid all I would be able to pay for such a kindness is said fortune and a whole bunch of gratitute.

Regardless of the outcome of this longwinded plea, tale, whatever it ended up being - I hope to come across some of the people I can hear chatting away in /global, you surely do seem a friendly bunch

EDIT: forgot to add my ingame name - just in case: Sasparilla
    Hello, and welcome back to Lotro! This is indeed in the wrong thread but worry not, I shall try and answer your question anyways: unfortunately it is not possible for a player to create a "cosmetic copy" of items they own and give that copy to anyone else. I think what the person you spoke to was referring to was either the wardrobe function (which creates cosmetic copies for use by any character on your account), or the "Ceremonial" cosmetic version of a few armour sets that are available in the store. As the wiki page you listed states, the Burglar set from Dunland has a Store version called "Armour of the Thief-lord", however I am not sure if this is still available for purchase or not.

This armour set isn't exactly the kind used in the Burglar character creation though - the chestpiece is the same (this chestpiece only comes from Dunland quest rewards, which are BoA, and Dial-crus, which is Bind on Equip and drops from the Pits of Isengard. So you could ask a friendly high-level if they wouldn't mind farming this instance a couple times in order to get it for you), but the hood is from the Burglar's Enedwaith set. You can barter this set for Marks and Medallions at Harndirion in Enedwaith - the Wiki says you need to have completed "In Their Absence, Chapter 15" in order to barter, and so won't be able to sneak there as a low-level, but I'm not totally sure that this is the case anymore - I would ask if someone could check this for you (unfortunately I can't atm).

Most likely though, I would say you are best off trying to find some of these armour pieces in Lalia's Market or the Store, if you can't wait til higher level to get them - up to you! You can try and have a search for someone to farm Pits of Isengard for you but tbh you probably won't have much success - most people who go looking for this item just wait til they've levelled to 65 or so and just grab one of the many quest rewards that share the appearance.

Hope this helps, and apologies it's not quite as easy as you were hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Morellian View Post
    Hello, and welcome back to Lotro! This is indeed in the wrong thread but worry not, I shall try and answer your question anyways: unfortunately it is not possible for a player to create a "cosmetic copy" of items they own and give that copy to anyone else. I think what the person you spoke to was referring to was either the wardrobe function (which creates cosmetic copies for use by any character on your account), or the "Ceremonial" cosmetic version of a few armour sets that are available in the store. As the wiki page you listed states, the Burglar set from Dunland has a Store version called "Armour of the Thief-lord", however I am not sure if this is still available for purchase or not.

This armour set isn't exactly the kind used in the Burglar character creation though - the chestpiece is the same (this chestpiece only comes from Dunland quest rewards, which are BoA, and Dial-crus, which is Bind on Equip and drops from the Pits of Isengard. So you could ask a friendly high-level if they wouldn't mind farming this instance a couple times in order to get it for you), but the hood is from the Burglar's Enedwaith set. You can barter this set for Marks and Medallions at Harndirion in Enedwaith - the Wiki says you need to have completed "In Their Absence, Chapter 15" in order to barter, and so won't be able to sneak there as a low-level, but I'm not totally sure that this is the case anymore - I would ask if someone could check this for you (unfortunately I can't atm).

Most likely though, I would say you are best off trying to find some of these armour pieces in Lalia's Market or the Store, if you can't wait til higher level to get them - up to you! You can try and have a search for someone to farm Pits of Isengard for you but tbh you probably won't have much success - most people who go looking for this item just wait til they've levelled to 65 or so and just grab one of the many quest rewards that share the appearance.

Hope this helps, and apologies it's not quite as easy as you were hoping
    Hello and thank you very much for your reply. Not what I was hoping for, but like you said - at least now I know it wont be *that* easy. Moreover though, this proves to me that people here are friendly and want to help, wich is all I can ask for really

To any mod. Feel free to remove both of my posts if its considered spam or inappropiate I got any and all answers I was looking for.

Read all about the halls of the elven king Thranduil in the latest news article from the renowned Hobbit Amorey on the Laurelin Archives entitled;

Spotlight On Middle-Earth : Thranduil's Halls

Thankyou Amorey.

Last edited by Khalis_Laurelin; Jun 06 2020 at 10:15 AM.

Lord Elrond Half-elven is pleased to announce the opening of a new Art Gallery on the Laurelin Archives. Starting from today and each month the Laurelin Archives will feature the many skilled artists on the Archives. Are you an outstanding artist with a brush? Do you enjoy taking beautiful screenshots? Show Lord Elrond and the world your work.

Read More About the New Art Gallery ->Lord Elrond Gallery Of Fine Art

Applications of user accounts may encounter a slight delay in approval due to the current server issues with Laurelin, this is due to the way accounts are verified by the LA Web Team. We will get all new accounts approved as soon as possible.

To celebrate our Creative Community, each month the Laurelin Archives will showcase artwork and images created by the people of Laurelin.

Welcome to Lord Elrond's Gallery of Fine Art - The July Exhibition is now open.

Visit the New Art Gallery ->Laurelin Art Of The Month - July

( Banner image by Miridial )

Dear Laurelin Community

After almost 10 years working on the Laurelin Archives the time has come for me to step down from my admin role.

Looking after the community was a great privilege and an honour for me, so I want to thank you all because you are truly amazing.

I have asked permission to keep up my work with the news features and the new Art Gallery so that should go ahead as I had planned, I am looking forward to see more of your amazing art.

If you have any questions about that, please feel free to get in touch with me on the Archives.

Best of luck to the remaining team and godspeed

Thanks again, it's been one amazing ride and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Yours truly now and for always

Amorey

thank YOU, for all the time and effort you spent with the team keeping the Archives up and running for all these years, and for all the players who make use of it. So again, thank you! Godspeed Amorey, may your road always be sunny and your hobbit burrow always be full of pies

*big hugs*
    My Lotro blog :)

I am so sorry to see you go, Amorey.

You have done a wonderful job for the community over many years... and I have really enjoyed your posts and reports and creativity. You have been a real asset to we role players. As Miriadel says, may your road ahead be a sunny one, and may you find happiness and adventures where you travel. *Hugs*
    Yllfa of Rohan. Mistress of Lore, and Healer. Edoras.

As with the community it serves the Archives itself goes through changes. One thing which has remained constant in all that time has been the quiet figure known as Calenon.

Calenon is the character name of the man who created the Laurelin Archives over a decade ago in support of the RP community. He has remained the administrator of the site since this beginning. The time has now come for Calenon to step down and I would like to thank him for all his hard work and dedication but more importantly for his vision which was the Laurelin Archives.

Taking over this mantle is a man most know as Aeruthuil who I was fortunate to get to know over the last year. I asked him to join myself as one of the Archives web team where he quickly settled into the role. After some recent discussions the team including Calenon agreed he has the right skillset to take the site forward in serving the community.

So please join me in congratulating him in this new role.
    Last edited by Khalis_Laurelin; Aug 07 2020 at 03:13 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast