We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New races/classes?!

Good day, fellow players!

I was having a conversation with a friend in-game the other day, and among other very important topics we discussed, like "look at that hobbit running away from the hungry bears" and "no, I'm not giving you that piece of armor", we came to this:

IF the devs were to introduce another race OR class in the next updates of LOTRO, what would they be?
    What race/class would you like to see?
    I know it wouldn't be an easy job to implement something new, but come on, indulge me and play along with this.

This is what I came up with, so far:

Race - no race.. all that's left on the good side are the Ents and the Great Eagles. But they could add a fifth location for men, an exotic one.. Umbar, par example (even though that place is evil, there might be some defectors there, right?
    Class - assassin - a combination of a hunter with a burglar )

Any other ideas?

Re: New races/classes?!

I would like to see trolls as a full time playable race for the creeps. Perhaps a more varied selection of heritage for elves, dwarves and men would be nice.
    "The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
    While hammers fell like ringing bells.
    In places deep, where dark things sleep,
    In hollow halls beneath the fells."

Re: New races/classes?!

Honestly, if they wanted to diversify the races and provide more variety (which I kinda don't think is something of concern to the devs at the moment), they could just split up the various races into sub-cultures. I.e., Noldor, Sindar, and Sylvan elves all having slightly different stats/abilities; Men into cultures - Bree-men, Gondorians, Rohirrim, etc. etc.

New Races

I like the idea of new sub-cultures, but I also think that it would be cool to have completely new races as well. For example we need an all female race to balance out the all male race of dwarves such as river maidens for an example.

I'd like to see races split up like it sort of exists with elf/high elf with different race traits. Might be difficult for Hobbits though.