We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who can actually field 24man?

So now RoI has a date, and the 24man raid has been confirmed again (I still fear it will be a lair raid, but w/e). Just wondering, how many kins with any interest in taking the raid down can actually field 24 man?

fDtD certainly cant. What about you guys?
    Frenya Victoria
    Burglar of [EU] Evernight
    from Dutch till Dawn

Re: Who can actually field 24man?

Ascension have 33 members (mains) so we can do it if 24 people are online at once

Some of those are not active or aren't really raiders, so no, I'm fairly certain we can't.

I don't think we can do it today but with each expansion people you though was dead and long gone comes back online again and I did say "IF"

KoWT should be able to gather 24 people with the proper class setup. We will need most of our people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu_EU View Post
    Ascension have 33 members (mains) so we can do it if 24 people are online at once
    When we had a meeting at my place last year, there were 40 people in my house. Doesnt mean we can fill a 24man raid tho tbh. :P
    Frenya Victoria
    from Dutch till Dawn

Am I allowed to do "your mom" jokes on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Herio View Post
    KoWT should be able to gather 24 people with the proper class setup. We will need most of our people though.
    What Captain Fat said. The setup is indeed an issue.. According to our current roster and activity, however, it is quite possible we will have (between our alts ofc) the proper setup and 24 people.

The issue when using alts is, however, quality and experience. By quality, I mean that traits will be low, gear might be sub-par, etc etc (Yes, I am pretty demanding on raiding chars).

Still, I don't know how the activity will be after the summer (we are talking 3 months ahead here) so perhaps we would have to cooperate with another kinship, in order to make it work. Or we could see a huge influx of returning people once more and have a ton of extra people, like it happened with Helegrod. If things stay as they are, more or less, we should be able to have a full group.

P.S. : OHAITHARFREN!

We can easily fill 2-3 12 man raids with our raiding members. Only problem is to get them online at the same time.

The first 1 or 2 weeks shouldn't be a problem, but after that members probably will loose interest.

I believe the point was filling a 24man raid with active, raid-ready members.

I mean, we 'll also have people logging back and still level 60... Or even 65 that didn't raid anything past BG. Yes, with all of those, we could probably field 2 24mans, perhaps even more.. However, their gear is outdated, their relics are (mostly) outdated, they do not know the newer mechanics in the game, they still haven't bought the newer skills.. It would take a LOT of work on someone's part, who just logged in after months, to catch up to people who are now here and raiding OD. We saw that with people coming back for OD and, trust me on this, it doesn't work. You cannot rely on someone who is away from the game for months as a main raider from day 1.

If the initial question was purely about Kinship Rosters and not activity/raiding, sorry that I misunderstood. I blame Fren. And Oily. And Fadin.

P.S. : And Tipi.

24man raid?

Duh, I need to get better computer before that one comes out...

Extinction can easily fill 24 raid and have more to fill disconnecting spots, for the summer we have resorted to just 1 raid team but come winter we will push back up to 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elwene View Post
    24man raid?

Duh, I need to get better computer before that one comes out...
    How do you give reputation on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobse View Post
    How do you give reputation on this forum!
    Under each post is a star where it says reputation :P

Quote Originally Posted by Malthariel View Post
    I believe the point was filling a 24man raid with active, raid-ready members.

I mean, we 'll also have people logging back and still level 60... Or even 65 that didn't raid anything past BG. Yes, with all of those, we could probably field 2 24mans, perhaps even more.. However, their gear is outdated, their relics are (mostly) outdated, they do not know the newer mechanics in the game, they still haven't bought the newer skills.. It would take a LOT of work on someone's part, who just logged in after months, to catch up to people who are now here and raiding OD. We saw that with people coming back for OD and, trust me on this, it doesn't work. You cannot rely on someone who is away from the game for months as a main raider from day 1.

If the initial question was purely about Kinship Rosters and not activity/raiding, sorry that I misunderstood. I blame Fren. And Oily. And Fadin.

P.S. : And Tipi.
    Aye, it was about raiding really, it was related to the confirmation we only get a 24man raid. So I was curious how much kins here can actually do that raid without alliances.

PS: I blame global warming.
    Frenya Victoria
    from Dutch till Dawn

Not La Lista Negra

I blame Al Gore.

Doubt Sons of Gondor can get 24 geared monkeys together.

I am a bit disappointed how narrow minded you all became.

I expected at least one of you to even think about gathering enough members from 2 even 3 kinships for a full 24.
    It isn't as if we didn't do it before in Helegrod, 24 people from different kinships even some soloers.

Not a big deal who gets what, it is all about the fun of the game, at least for me, try to enjoy it more.

I think that would be the obvious next step for everyone if they couldn't get 24 kinnies for it.
    The OP just wanted to know how many kins would be able to gather enough players from their kin.
    Most kins (as far as I know) aren't really really big on Evernight so it could be a problem to get 24 people online at the same time.

Eveningstar probably wouldn't be able to do this but we do have quite a few returning players with every update so we might be able to try it a few times

Im gona take a leap and say the vast majority of kins will not be able to field a constant 24man raid team, a few will probably be able to for a couple of raids just about, but once the immediate novelty wears off I cant see any kin(bar prob kowt) having 24kinnies on at one time to do a raid.

Im not really looking foward to the 24man, and hope to baby jesus theres at least one 12man with Isengard, as a raider who doesnt really enjoy doing runs or anything bar raiding in lotro at the moment its a big fat ugly fish slap in the face if the only raid is 24man and you will have to pug it, Ive always enjoyed kin raids have done for years and is my fav part of game. If thats gone and its back to a hele lag fest 24man raid then meeeeeh.

Hm after reading this Im think Ill join a raid kin again if the new raid is fun and rewarding! Let me suggest someone try to make a raid alliance with Los callebros del thain! Those guys are really PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    Let me suggest someone try to make a raid alliance with Los callebros del thain! Those guys are really PRO.
    Can you bring me in contact with them please?

Quote Originally Posted by Malthariel View Post
    Can you bring me in contact with them please?
    Hmm shouldn't be too hard since I belive you got the founder of Los callebros del thain in your own kin! :P

Quote Originally Posted by BimBamBom View Post
    I am a bit disappointed how narrow minded you all became.

I expected at least one of you to even think about gathering enough members from 2 even 3 kinships for a full 24.
    It isn't as if we didn't do it before in Helegrod, 24 people from different kinships even some soloers.

Not a big deal who gets what, it is all about the fun of the game, at least for me, try to enjoy it more.
    Yes. Its narrow minded to start an investigation of what kind of people COULD be actually interested in an alliance. Good point dude.

Im sorry, I dont play for fun though. Raiding is serious business, ask kowt xD
    Frenya Victoria
    from Dutch till Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by FrenyaVictoria View Post
    I dont play for fun though. Raiding is serious business, ask kowt xD
    I agree!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast