We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
  1. [HOBBIT RP KINSHIP] The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom

The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    A Role-playing Hobbit Kinship. [EN-RP] Laurelin (Rank 10)

Established: 2007
    Number of players: 30+
    Kinhouse: Songburrow Hall, 4 Brookbank, Songburrow, The Shire

Introduction
    The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom are an active hobbit role-playing kinship. We aim to combine roleplay with a variety of events, story lines and activities whilst maintaining our commitment to exploring and questing both as a group and individually.

About Us
    • Friendly & Approachable – we are an established small to middle sized kinship whose emphasis is on friendship, community and camaraderie. We deliberately keep our numbers manageable to ensure that we get to know everyone properly and this has numerous advantages in helping us build exceptional levels of loyalty and commitment. As such we place great importance on the quality of our members to ensure we maintain a mature and friendly attitude at all times.
    • Actively role-playing – we are very active in promoting role-playing among our members and in the numerous events that we organise and contribute to. This is an important part of being in our kinship and helps us create additional depth and believability for our characters. Our flexible approach ensures that we can accommodate and support beginners as well as more experienced role-players. We adhere to the server rules concerning RP, with our kinship chat being a lively mix of mostly IC banter and OOC game discussions. We also use a server wide channel for hobbits (RP only).
    • English Language – our core player base has been traditionally from the United Kingdom, but a good number now come from across europe and from many varied backgrounds. English remains our common language for all forms of communication.
    • Casual Questing & Raiding – we enjoy a great variety of questing as well as both group and solo adventuring, often championing all hobbit groups in many instances. Some of our members also organise and lead RP adventures. We engage in larger scale raiding from time to time, but it is important to stress that we are not a hardcore raiding kinship. Advancement is very much at your own place.
    • Regular Events & Activities – we promote and actively encourage many unique initiatives, such as the very popular Green Dragon Friday, held every week in Bywater. For those that enjoy a more active role we have a number of dedicated and resourceful kinship groups including a band (The Songburrow Strollers), historical society and acting troupe. Kinship meetings take place regularly on alternate Sundays in which we catch up on news and gossip as well as hearing tales and stories from new members. Discussions and plans are made on our own forum and website as well as in game using our kinship chat channel.

What we expect
    • Active Players – we encourage all of our players to remain active, however we understand the importance of family life and busy schedules. We limit the number of alts in the kinship to ensure that the activity level remains as high as possible. Unless otherwise agreed in advance, long-term inactive players will be removed from the kinship.
    • Role-playing – it is important that you have a desire to get involved with role-playing even at a basic level. Previous experience is useful, but should you be a little hesitant then we have a number of very experienced roleplayers and Tolkien enthusiasts that are willing to offer you advice or assistance.
    • Mature & Helpful Attitude – we place great importance on the quality of our members to ensure we maintain a mature and friendly attitude at all times. You will find our members helpful and easy-going. We frown on the use of internet slang and leetspeak and reserve the right to do so.

Points of Contact
    We are always interested to hear from like minded people, so if you think you have what it takes do not hesitate to send us a note. You may also apply directly through our forum. We will then endeavour to meet you for a cosy chat. For the latest information and more about recruitment visit our website and forum.

Rowana Founder
    Jiro Leader
    Lina Leader
    Simbo Leader
    Tibba Leader

Further Information:
    Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Recruitment & Applications
    About Us
    Follow Us on Twitter

The Laurelin Archives
    The Songburrow Strollers
    Last edited by Lost_Mathom; May 15 2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Updated
    [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/30"]Rowana Fairborn[/URL] [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="1"]FOUNDER[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.lostmathom.org/"]Grand Order of the Lost Mathom[/URL][SIZE="1"] [I](A role-playing Hobbit Kinship)[/I][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://www.lostmathom.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=157"]Songburrow Strollers[/URL] [SIZE="1"] [I](Band member)[/I][/SIZE]
    [I][SIZE="1"]Twitter @lostmathom[/SIZE][/I]

2. Re: [RP KINSHIP] The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom

Recruitment is temporarily [OPEN] again and we shall be looking to take on a small number of hobbits in the coming weeks. We are looking for well mannered players with a RP bias that can fit comfortably into our friendly and active kinship. You will need to make an application and afterwards we will always endeavour to meet you in game at a convenient time. For more information be sure to visit us.

A number of us always attend the Green Dragon on Friday evenings if you would like to come along and say hello.
    [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/profile/30"]Rowana Fairborn[/URL] [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="1"]FOUNDER[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.lostmathom.org/"]Grand Order of the Lost Mathom[/URL][SIZE="1"] [I](A role-playing Hobbit Kinship)[/I][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://www.lostmathom.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=157"]Songburrow Strollers[/URL] [SIZE="1"] [I](Band member)[/I][/SIZE]

Re: [RP KINSHIP] The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom

Recruitment is still open and we're willing to talk to and welcome new members. A quick visit to our forums should give all the information needed on how to apply to join.
    [center]Jiro
    Hobbit Guardian
    Laurelin
    [url=http://www.lostmathom.org/index.php]Grand Order Of The Lost Mathom[/url][/center]

Re: [RP KINSHIP] The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom

I have 4 of you yesterday in the frostbluff theatre.
    It was the biggest laugh I've had in times.
    You really manage to bring the hobbit-way of life in the game.

4 hobbits on a quest to find hats in the theatre and the search for a new script.
    It was adorable!
    Makes me immediatly want to play a hobbit myself.

5. Re: [RP KINSHIP] The Grand Order of the Lost Mathom

We are pleased to welcome our friends and new acquaintances to join us at our new home www.lostmathom.org. Stop by and say hello or look out for some of us at Michel Delving Market (alternate Monday & Tuesday) or at the Green Dragon on Friday evenings.

Five years and counting! Yay!

Recruitment is open, and our hobbit-only kin is looking fer players interested in hobbit roleplaying and the good Shire life. If yer want to get involved in roleplay adventures, the LOTRO music system and/or creating events, that's even better!

Just have a look at the first post fer more information. If yer have questions, just grab hold of one of them chiefs in-game (Rowana, Simbo, Jiro, Tibba or myself). Information about recruitment and applications can be found here:
    http://lostmathom.org/libraries/recruitment.45/

See yer in the Shire, hobbits!
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

The hobbits of the Grand Order of the Lost Mathom would like to wish all their friends and acquaintances a very merry Yule and a happy new year. May you always enjoy health, happiness and at least five good meals a day (not to mention supper)!

Grand Order Yule Video 2013

The hobbits of the Grand Order of the Lost Mathom would like to wish all our good friends and acquaintances a very merry Yule!

We'll have a few quiet days over the Yuletide, enjoying some lazy time with friends, family and the finest of hobbit foods (at least seven meals a day). Once we've rested up a bit, though, things will be busy indeed:

Green Dragon Friday Yule Party, Friday December 27th
    Winterhome Wassailing with the Brandy Badgers, Saturday December 28th
    Grand Hobbit New Years Snowball Fight, Wednesday January 1st
    Green Dragon Friday New Years Party, Friday January 3rd

We hope that yer will join us during these festivities, we would love to see yer there!

In the meantime, we wish a grand and merry Yule to everyone! May yer always enjoy health, happiness and the comfort of a warm burrow with well-stocked larder.

Signed,
    The Grand Order hobbits

More information about the Grand Order:

Our homepage
    On recruitment

Contact for more information: Rowana, Lina, Tibba, Nimelia, Sevelda
    Last edited by Linawillow; Dec 25 2013 at 04:32 AM.

Summer greetings from the Grand Order

The Grand Order would like to wish a grand and lovely summer to everyone! May them days be sunny and warm (but not too hot), and may yer meals be plentiful!

The warm summer days have been with us for a while, and the Shire is a bit more relaxed than usual. Not that yer would know it given the amount of events and parties happening. Still, it is good ter have some time off. So, take long naps in the shade, enjoy picnics, eat wild strawberries and do all them things that help yer gather yer energies now that the weather is warm.

Us Grand Order hobbits will also spend some time lazying about in the fine summer weather. Rest assured, though, we will keep up our regular activities over the summer. Green Dragon Friday should be on every Friday, the hobbit markets are on in Michel Delving Monday and Tuesday every two weeks, and unless there are other plans, we usually go on adventure to look for mathoms every Saturday evening. Also, on Tuesday July 29th, the Brandy Badgers will wobble out of their summer setts to play a concert in Oldfurlong. We hope to see yer there!

For yer enjoyment these lazy summer days, below are some memories from what has happened in the Order so far this year. Yer can read our full summer letter on our notice board. Do stop by for a visit!

Signed,
    The hobbits in the Grand Order of the Lost Mathom

Us hobbits in the Grand Order just celebrated our 7th anniversary, and here is our anniversary video too! Enjoy!

Recruitment is open as usual, and our hobbit-only kin is always looking fer friendly players interested in hobbit roleplaying and the good Shire life. If yer want to get involved in roleplay adventures, the LOTRO music system and/or creating events, that's even better! We're a relaxed and welcoming group of hobbits, so don't be shy to contact us.

Just have a look at our homepage for more information, http://lostmathom.org/. Or yer can have a chat with our members in the game if you have questions too. Tibba, Nimelia, Simbo and myself are the most active chiefs, but any of our members should be able to point yer in the right direction.

See yer in the Shire, hobbits!